Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

18 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

I'd be disappointed to see Hall leave but again, I'd get it. That said, I'm mostly optimistic he's going to decide to stay. Hardest decision of his life.

The hardest decision of his life is figuring out which team is going to pay him 10+ million dollars a year for seven or eight years?  We should all be faced with such difficult choices in life.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The hardest decision of his life is figuring out which team is going to pay him 10+ million dollars a year for seven or eight years?  We should all be faced with such difficult choices in life.

Right. I mean people have to stop. This isn’t a hard decision.

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Right. I mean people have to stop. This isn’t a hard decision.

I could think of at least 10 decisions that I had to make in my life that were 1000 times harder than the decision that Taylor Hall estimate.I could think of at least 10 decisions that I had to make in my life that were 1000 times harder than the decision that Taylor Hall  Will have to mix. Worst case scenario, he never wins the Stanley Cup, earns multi millions of dollars, and has to live somewhere he doesn’t like for seven years.

Anyone else want that deal, or am I the only one?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I could think of at least 10 decisions that I had to make in my life that were 1000 times harder than the decision that Taylor Hall estimate.I could think of at least 10 decisions that I had to make in my life that were 1000 times harder than the decision that Taylor Hall  Will have to mix. Worst case scenario, he never wins the Stanley Cup, earns multi millions of dollars, and has to live somewhere he doesn’t like for seven years.

Anyone else want that deal, or am I the only one?

Yeah I’d take that deal. If you say this is a hard decision, you may not be familiar with what an ACTUAL hard decision is.

42 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

I'm sure Ray did, as he said so himself right after the trade. But, if you listen to the interview, I think Hall is pretty clear with where he is. He cares about NJ and he's excited for the team next year but at the same time he'd like to be on an TB/TOR/BOS type team that's built to compete for the Cup every year, especially after all the losing he's done for a decade. And he is definitely also cognizant of the fact that it's possible that the best situation for him might be in NJ. It's a tough decision and for me, there's really no hard feelings either way as long as Ray doesn't let him Tavares us, which I'm sure both Taylor and Ray won't let happen.

I'd be disappointed to see Hall leave but again, I'd get it. That said, I'm mostly optimistic he's going to decide to stay. Hardest decision of his life.

I hope this year’s playoffs helped our chances a bit with him. TB and TOR bounced in the 1st round, and BOS upset by a team that was in last place in January. It really does seem like just get in and you never know right now. Maybe more than ever. 

7 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

It's a hard decision in that he wants to win a championship and so has to pick a team he thinks he has the best chance to win one with. It isn't just about a paycheck. Anyone can give him money and term. 

It’s not a hard decision to sign here. If he doesn’t see what’s being built and doesn’t wanna see it through and would rather run off to some ready made Cup contender, he can fvck off. You’re in or you’re out. Pick one. 

Edited by MadDog2020

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

It’s not a hard decision to sign here. If he doesn’t see what’s being built and doesn’t wanna see it through and would rather run off to some ready made Cup contender, he can fvck off. You’re in or you’re out. Pick one.

It's a lot easier to sit there and make that call as a fan. You're one of the people here that is a binary fan too. It's Devils only for you. He's an employee of the league so he doesn't see things through kool-aid glasses. 

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

It's a lot easier to sit there and make that call as a fan. You're one of the people here that is a binary fan too. It's Devils only for you. He's an employee of the league so he doesn't see things through kool-aid glasses. 

He’s an employee of the Devils. Not the league. And yeah, you know how I roll. Sign or fvck off. 

Edited by MadDog2020

20 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

It's a hard decision in that he wants to win a championship and so has to pick a team he thinks he has the best chance to win one with. It isn't just about a paycheck. Anyone can give him money and term. 

That’s not a hard decision. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

That’s not what binary means. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

I hope this year’s playoffs helped our chances a bit with him. TB and TOR bounced in the 1st round, and BOS upset by a team that was in last place in January. It really does seem like just get in and you never know right now. Maybe more than ever. 

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Yeah, I mean, I think what helps entice him more than anything is the players brought in this summer. It makes a strong case to him that this is the best team he's going to play on. We're definitely going to have a shot at the playoffs next year even before we know what else Ray will do this offseason. On the other hand it could take a couple of years for Hughes and Smith (and even Hischier still) to really come into their own. How much longer can Hall wait to win? 

It's a really hard position to be in. Tavares was in a hard position too where he really wanted to do one thing with his life but he felt guilty about leaving the Island where part of his heart was. Hall even alluded to what Tavares went through (https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/taylor-hall-is-excited-about-new-jerseys-early-summer-moves).  He's clearly thinking very deeply about this. These decisions in life are never easy, and there's no way to know what is right to do/what will leave one with the least regret.

You only get to have one hockey career. The decision Hall makes next will define his career. If he chooses the wrong team and spends another 6-7 years nowhere near contention, that's a difficult thing to live with. 

The reason I hold no ill will towards him no matter what is because 1. I know it's a huge decision and 2. I think he is sincere in how much he cares about being a Devil and he's already brought so many great memories to this franchise.  Ultimately, Tavares was so indecisive and sending so many mixed signals that it cost the Islanders dearly - there's fault to go around there. There's little chance that Ray allows that to happen here. There's an easy rule to live by to make sure it doesn't - if Hall hasn't made up his mind by XXX date then he has to be traded. Period.

Edited by Neb00rs

9 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

If this is the hardest decision Taylor Hall has to make in his life, he’ll have lived an incredibly easy life.

I don't think anyone is comparing him to "regular people" or the decisions of someone living in a 3rd world country that has to choose to eat either tonight or tomorrow cause they only have food for one day. It's obviously relative.

22 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I don't think anyone is comparing him to "regular people" or the decisions of someone living in a 3rd world country that has to choose to eat either tonight or tomorrow cause they only have food for one day. It's obviously relative.

Sure, I just loathe when people try to make this sound like some rock and a hard place kind of situation. And on top of that, he talked about adding talent.... okay, a pretty good amount of talent was added last weekend. You don’t get to move the goal posts now unless you truly want out. That’s not what he’s done in this interview, but I’m going to have little tolerance for hemming and hawing now. Ray held up his end of the bargain. Now sign an extension by the end of the summer at the absolute latest, or go fvck yourself. It’s really that simple. 

Edited by MadDog2020

25 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Sure, I just loathe when people try to make this sound like some rock and a hard place kind of situation. And on top of that, he talked about adding talent.... okay, a pretty good amount of talent was added last weekend. You don’t get to move the goal posts now unless you truly want out. That’s not what he’s done in this interview, but I’m going to have little tolerance for hemming and hawing now. Ray held up his end of the bargain. Now sign an extension by the end of the summer at the absolute latest, or go fvck yourself. It’s really that simple. 

If I were him I would take all the time I was allotted. You only get one life, one shot at a career, and if my goal is to get my name on the cup I have to make sure I am putting myself in the best position to do that. I'd hate to hang up the skates and regret something because I am now on a list of best players to never win anything. I find your take to be kind of extreme.

EDIT: now, not "not"

Edited by NJDevils1214

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

If I were him I would take all the time I was allotted. You only get one life, one shot at a career, and if my goal is to get my name on the cup I have to make sure I am putting myself in the best position to do that. I'd hate to hang up the skates and regret something because I am not on a list of best players to never win anything. I find your take to be kind of extreme.

Buy a crystal ball then. He could leave and still never win. There are no guarantees. I have no patience for people who don’t wanna be here. Like I said, end of the summer. sh!t or get off the pot, or you’re outta here.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

That’s just more proof of my point. THAT is a tough decision.

4 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

If I were him I would take all the time I was allotted. You only get one life, one shot at a career, and if my goal is to get my name on the cup I have to make sure I am putting myself in the best position to do that. I'd hate to hang up the skates and regret something because I am not on a list of best players to never win anything. I find your take to be kind of extreme.

I agree as well. I would not agree this time next year, if he were about to go free agent. He has to sign or be traded before that happens. 

Although I really would like him to sign his extension and be done, I get where he’s coming from. I may not think it’s the toughest decision of his life, but it’s an important one to him, and i’m willing to extend a short leash. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s just more proof of my point. THAT is a tough decision.

I agree as well. I would not agree this time next year, if he were about to go free agent. He has to sign or be traded before that happens. 

Although I really would like him to sign his extension and be done, I get where he’s coming from. I may not think it’s the toughest decision of his life, but it’s an important one to him, and i’m willing to extend a short leash. 

My leash goes until the end of August/beginning of September. If he’s still waffling by then, goodbye.

• Like 1