Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

13 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

saw taylor & gf @ cheesecake in SH Mall tonight - a bit far from Hoboken for dinner - maybe they're looking for houses in the burbs.

Sunday at Short Hills is when the rich people shop. Back when I worked there (about 18 years ago at this point), that’s when we had most of our celebrity sightings and I used to earn $200-300 in a 6 hour shift after commission. 

But I like your narrative better. Plenty of guys over in West Caldwell and the like back in the day...

21 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Sunday at Short Hills is when the rich people shop. Back when I worked there (about 18 years ago at this point), that’s when we had most of our celebrity sightings and I used to earn $200-300 in a 6 hour shift after commission. 

But I like your narrative better. Plenty of guys over in West Caldwell and the like back in the day...

Yes the majority of my knowledge about NJ comes from The Sopranos...lol

7 hours ago, Nicomo said:

The scale should be 1-JJ’s wife. 

Still the most gorgeous Devil wife/gf imo. 

I don’t think I agree, but I think she’s way hotter than JJ should’ve been able to get, given that he looks like a muppet and sucks at hockey. 

Edited by mfitz804

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t think I agree, but I think she’s way hotter than JJ should’ve been able to get, given that he looks like a muppet and sucks at hockey. 

I can't remember if it was Coleman or Zacha, I think it was Coleman, but one of them has a wife who I think was drop dead gorgeous.  Actually I think they were both great looking, but one of them was just off the charts hot.

26 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I can't remember if it was Coleman or Zacha, I think it was Coleman, but one of them has a wife who I think was drop dead gorgeous.  Actually I think they were both great looking, but one of them was just off the charts hot.

They pretty much all do. My point was t that JJ’s wife isn’t hot, just that she is not so much hotter than Taylor’s or many of the others. 

In fact, I suspect most of us couldn’t match up the pictures as to who was with which hot blonde. 

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

They pretty much all do. My point was t that JJ’s wife isn’t hot, just that she is not so much hotter than Taylor’s or many of the others. 

In fact, I suspect most of us couldn’t match up the pictures as to who was with which hot blonde. 

Oh I agree, I think most NHLers have hot wives.  I don't recall seeing JJ's wife (probably because I don't want to see how hot she is and accept the fact that a dud like him can get someone that I couldn't), so I wasn't referring to that.   And you're right, I definitely couldn't match up any player with a picture of his wife.  

8 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Oh I agree, I think most NHLers have hot wives.  I don't recall seeing JJ's wife (probably because I don't want to see how hot she is and accept the fact that a dud like him can get someone that I couldn't), so I wasn't referring to that.   And you're right, I definitely couldn't match up any player with a picture of his wife.  

I couldn’t either, but I bet if I picked 10 blonde hockey wives, and one of them is JJ’s, even the people who claim she is the hottest wouldn’t be able to pick her out of a lineup. At least not unless his muppet looking ass was standing with her. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

JJ's wife is a Swedish model. Much attractive. Her and TH gf both give the "girl next door" vibe which is way more appealing than the typical plastic blonde athlete SO. Coleman's wife was a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader I think.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

F148CB68-ADB8-46E2-B540-E238A7BBA886.jpeg

• Like 1

Sorry if already posted:

https://www.nhl.com/news/taylor-hall-new-jersey-to-continue-contract-negotiations/c-308997402

"Sometime later in training camp we'll sit down," Shero said. "From Taylor's standpoint, I think he's dialed in on himself right now in terms of his game and getting back on the ice after only playing 33 games last year. I look forward to seeing him at training camp. Nothing has really changed since the end of the season in terms of how this is playing out."

"There are different stages of negotiation and at some point, [Hall's] going to play for us and then we'll sort it out," Shero said. "Whether he's signed, we'll see. I look forward to sitting down with him and seeing him back on the ice with us, which will be great. I know he's looking forward to that, too. Ideally, we wanted to give him space this summer anyway, training wise. We've made some additions to try and improve our hockey team and hopefully Taylor will be a big part of this in the future."

"It'll be great to see [Hall] on the ice healthy and that's a big step in the right direction for us and for him," Shero said. "We're looking forward to seeing where this goes, but it's going to be one of these things where once we get into camp, at a certain point, it's not going to be a daily topic, I'll tell you that."

Some definite "Shero speak" there, but it sounds like they haven't really had any negotiations at all this summer.  Which.. I mean I guess they're not in a bad place with negotiations which is good, but I was kind of hoping discussions were on-going.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Sorry if already posted:

https://www.nhl.com/news/taylor-hall-new-jersey-to-continue-contract-negotiations/c-308997402

"Sometime later in training camp we'll sit down," Shero said. "From Taylor's standpoint, I think he's dialed in on himself right now in terms of his game and getting back on the ice after only playing 33 games last year. I look forward to seeing him at training camp. Nothing has really changed since the end of the season in terms of how this is playing out."

"There are different stages of negotiation and at some point, [Hall's] going to play for us and then we'll sort it out," Shero said. "Whether he's signed, we'll see. I look forward to sitting down with him and seeing him back on the ice with us, which will be great. I know he's looking forward to that, too. Ideally, we wanted to give him space this summer anyway, training wise. We've made some additions to try and improve our hockey team and hopefully Taylor will be a big part of this in the future."

"It'll be great to see [Hall] on the ice healthy and that's a big step in the right direction for us and for him," Shero said. "We're looking forward to seeing where this goes, but it's going to be one of these things where once we get into camp, at a certain point, it's not going to be a daily topic, I'll tell you that."

Some definite "Shero speak" there, but it sounds like they haven't really had any negotiations at all this summer.  Which.. I mean I guess they're not in a bad place with negotiations which is good, but I was kind of hoping discussions were on-going.

This is basically confirming exactly what I thought might have been going, which is to say, not much at all, but by design. Given his injury and the fact that our team/front office had a lot else going on this off-season, it doesn't really surprise me one bit to say that both sides seem to essentially have been giving the other one their space.  It feels like forever for us, and we're all anxious, but really there's been no hard deadlines or anything like that, and pre-season hasn't even begun yet, so I can see why neither side is in a huge rush.  I'm still confident a deal will be in place - when that happens, it doesn't really look like we have any better clues in terms of a timeline, but I think this news is either encouraging or neutral, but it's definitely not bad if you ask me.

• Like 2

This is on Shero, not Hall. Hall is going to do what Hall is going to do. It's up to Shero to handle the situation in the best way for the team. I've got nothing but confidence no matter the outcome. Shero has shown he doesn't get jerked around, look at that quote on Zacha, and I'm sure that he won't let it fly if he thinks Hall is trying to start playing games. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

We're looking forward to seeing where this goes, but it's going to be one of these things where once we get into camp, at a certain point, it's not going to be a daily topic, I'll tell you that."

I think that's a hint at a deadline shero has to determine if he will sign or not...  then hell move on.

Imo the correct move

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

This is on Shero, not Hall. Hall is going to do what Hall is going to do. It's up to Shero to handle the situation in the best way for the team. I've got nothing but confidence no matter the outcome. Shero has shown he doesn't get jerked around, look at that quote on Zacha, and I'm sure that he won't let it fly if he thinks Hall is trying to start playing games. 

yeah im just confused cause this isn't typical Shero... im not sure if its cause he knows its not a problem or if there's complications.... i just can't wait for it to be over

2 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

There’s a huge difference between getting jerked around by the MVP and by a guy with one foot out the door to the KHL. 

32 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

yeah im just confused cause this isn't typical Shero... im not sure if its cause he knows its not a problem or if there's complications.... i just can't wait for it to be over

Probably a mutual trust and openness between both parties. Shero prob understands the position Hall is in and that the Devils competitive timeline may not be good for him. At the same time Hall knows Shero doesn't want to be left high and dry. They prob do have a date where a decision has to be made one way or the other though. I don't buy the day by day stuff. 

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

There’s a huge difference between getting jerked around by the MVP and by a guy with one foot out the door to the KHL. 

I doubt he plays favorites and, if anything, would be even more on top of the situation with Hall than with Zacha since Hall actually has value. The difference is the maturity of the player. Zacha is trying to pull some high school sh!t.

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I doubt he plays favorites and, if anything, would be even more on top of the situation with Hall than with Zacha since Hall actually has value. The difference is the maturity of the player. Zacha is trying to pull some high school sh!t.

I disagree totally. If a guy has a good negotiating position, you have to deal with him differently than the worst guy in your roster. It’s just facts. That’s not “playing favorites”, it’s having common sense.