Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

26 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Ya I've heard that BS before about how a player prefers a certain location blah blah blah… then another team shows up with  a truckload of cash and all of that talk disappears as they sign in a different location.

Duchesne and Karlsson are the 2 most recent examples of this.

Yea well I am looking for the source, but I remember reading that he and his wife visit Carolina and liked it there and that's why they chose it. They wanted to set up a place to stay stay for an extended time and not move for family reasons, which is why he was salty about the trade. I'll try to find it. 

What's that saying - if you go around in life thinking everyone you interact with is an a$$hole.. you're probably the a$$hole?

Well, maybe the same can be said about losing.

This is a loser's comment. Compare this to PK's remarks.

I'll be surprised if Taylor is a Devil in 2020.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

What's that saying - if you go around in life thinking everyone you interact with is an a$$hole.. you're probably the a$$hole?

these are quotes that get you moved. his play is also the kind of thing that gets you moved.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

these are quotes that get you moved. his play is also the kind of thing that gets you moved.

For what, Goldberg from Mighty Ducks? The one they had to tie up to the posts to give him some confidence that he could take a puck to the chest and not be a bitch?

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

He wasn’t ever re-signing. 

Sadly, I believe that more and more as the days go by. If he was, he'd be locked up by now.

And I was literally his signature on a contract away from shipping out one of my jerseys to get redone to a Hall with a brand spanking new "C" on front

Edited by jagknife

1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

You'll find many posts from me in this very thread hoping for an extension - but I'm starting to really doubt that this guy is a wagon the Devils should hitch themselves to for the next 8 years.

I want him to be, so fvcking badly, cause we loved him here, from the second he arrived. I know he's protecting his teammates, but if he doesn't really see why they were booing off the camera, then he doesn't get it.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I want him gone, hope someone throws his jersey on the ice. This whole organization needs to have a rude awakening from this fan base. We have been eating sh!t and been coming back for more every year. I'm absolutely livid. 

Yeah losing seems to be accepted. That’s unacceptable. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jagknife said:

For what, Goldberg from Mighty Ducks? The one they had to tie up to the posts to give him some confidence that he could take a puck to the chest and not be a bitch?

He'd be a better goaltender than the junk we've had to deal with so far.

8 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Sure feels like it don't it? Even the beat reporters don't take anything seriously. What a joke we have become. 

Can't wait for the first snarky comment from one of them the next time Hall scores 'oh, guess you guys love him again'.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Hey Taylor, you're getting booed because, unlike Edmonton, we expect more.  You're also getting booed because we've seen this movie before, and we know how it ends.  Start well, score first, re-gain a lead, give it up late, implode.  Rinse and repeat.   People boo when they are dissatisfied with a particular result.  Losing 7-6 in your own building and giving up the goals you did is reason to boo.  If you want complacency and people who won't boo when that happens then this isn't the place or team for you.  I can be your biggest supporter and I value the raw talent you seem to possess, but with that talent you need to have thick skin and the ability to accept and take accountability for you and your team's performance.  This season has not lived up to the expectations of New Jersey Devils hockey, and for that, we as fans of this team, will boo.  

If you lose, we boo.  If you win, we cheer.  It's really that simple.

At this point I look at Hall and I say very bluntly, you're either part of the solution or you're part of the problem.  All of us think/thought you're a better leader than Andy Greene - you probably think that about yourself.  If that's true, then act like it.  Two years ago you put this team on your shoulders and carried them to a playoff berth, and you did so with a lot less talent around you.  Now in the face of adversity, with a lot more talent around you, you can sit and sulk and complain about being booed when you have a 33% PP rate for ONE GAME and act like you're some player scorned, or you can sack the fvck up, put this team on your shoulders again, and earn your way into the playoffs again.  If it's the latter, trust me, we'll all be behind you, but if it's the former, then we'll help you pack.

The choice is yours pal. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

You'll find many posts from me in this very thread hoping for an extension - but I'm starting to really doubt that this guy is a wagon the Devils should hitch themselves to for the next 8 years.

100%.

9 hours ago, jagknife said:

I want him to be, so fvcking badly, cause we loved him here, from the second he arrived. I know he's protecting his teammates, but if he doesn't really see why they were booing off the camera, then he doesn't get it.

And 100%.

7 minutes ago, devils744 said:

It's weird to think that years have passed and once hall leaves or is traded the 1 for 1 deal was basically a wash. Nobody really won it per say.

Taylor's averaged a PPG since coming here (not easy to do) and won a MVP...since the start of that MVP season, he's put up 139 points in 119 GP.  Devils as a team haven't had much success, but I still say the Devils clearly won that trade. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, devils744 said:

It's weird to think that years have passed and once hall leaves or is traded the 1 for 1 deal was basically a wash. Nobody really won it per say.

Eh that MVP season was special - probably the most fun I've had as a Devils fan in recent memory.

Larsson hasn't done a damn thing with Edmonton.

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Hey Taylor, you're getting booed because, unlike Edmonton, we expect more.  You're also getting booed because we've seen this movie before, and we know how it ends.  Start well, score first, re-gain a lead, give it up late, implode.  Rinse and repeat.   People boo when they are dissatisfied with a particular result.  Losing 7-6 in your own building and giving up the goals you did is reason to boo.  If you want complacency and people who won't boo when that happens then this isn't the place or team for you.  I can be your biggest supporter and I value the raw talent you seem to possess, but with that talent you need to have thick skin and the ability to accept and take accountability for you and your team's performance.  This season has not lived up to the expectations of New Jersey Devils hockey, and for that, we as fans of this team, will boo.  

At this point I look at Hall and I say very bluntly, you're either part of the solution or you're part of the problem.  All of us think/thought you're a better leader than Andy Greene - you probably think that about yourself.  If that's true, then act like it.  Two years ago you put this team on your shoulders and carried them to a playoff berth, and you did so with a lot less talent around you.  Now in the face of adversity, with a lot more talent around you, you can sit and sulk and complain about being booed when you have a 33% PP rate for ONE GAME and act like you're some player scorned, or you can sack the fvck up, put this team on your shoulders again, and earn your way into the playoffs again.  If it's the latter, trust me, we'll all be behind you, but if it's the former, then we'll help you pack.

The choice is yours pal. 

F2BDB10E-CC96-4B71-B6CB-CFEC2E632C4B.gif

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Taylor's averaged a PPG since coming here (not easy to do) and won a MVP...since the start of that MVP season, he's put up 139 points in 119 GP.  Devils as a team haven't had much success, but I still say the Devils clearly won that trade. 

I was going by team success not individual. My mistake for but being more clear on that.

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

And the funny thing is it's not like we're an especially tough fanbase that is constantly and unfairly getting restless and booing.  It takes more than just a simple loss to get Devils fans to boo...Taylor ought to give teams like the Canadiens and Flyers a test-drive for comparison.  I'd say on the harshness scale, we're in the bottom third or so. 

• Like 5