Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And the funny thing is it's not like we're an especially tough fanbase that is constantly and unfairly getting restless and booing.  It takes more than just a simple loss to get Devils fans to boo...Taylor ought to give teams like the Canadiens and Flyers a test-drive for comparison.  I'd say on the harshness scale, we're in the bottom third or so. 

Seriously - like if he thinks things are rough now, wait until he signs a 11-12m per year ticket somewhere in a big market and puts up 2 goals in 10 games.

God help him if he goes with a Canadian market.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, devils744 said:

I was going by team success not individual. My mistake for but being more clear on that.

Oh I got that, and mentioned the Devils lack of team success.  But Hall's body of work has been much impressive than Larsson's (though I fully get that they're very different players expected to do very different things). 

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And the funny thing is it's not like we're an especially tough fanbase that is constantly and unfairly getting restless and booing.  It takes more than just a simple loss to get Devils fans to boo...Taylor ought to give teams like the Canadiens and Flyers a test-drive for comparison.  I'd say on the harshness scale, we're in the bottom third or so. 

Exactly.  Someone needs to tell him this has been pretty timid bro.  

We shouldn't be made to feel bad or wrong for holding this team to a higher standard than 2-5-3 and multiple blown leads at home.  

22 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Who would’ve thought everyone now wants this fvcking thread to become the “Taylor hall please leave watch” thread.

I'm not there with him yet.  Just like fans can have emotional moments that seem ridiculous in the moment, so can players.  I really don't hold Taylor's comments against him that much (even though in general I think they were way off-base)...if he gets hot (and he hasn't exactly been silent...he does have 9 points in 10 GP) and the Devils start to dig themselves out of this hole, this will remembered as an unfortunate moment, and that will be that.  Not like he's the only high-profile Devil ever to have one before. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

16 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Who would’ve thought everyone now wants this fvcking thread to become the “Taylor hall please leave watch” thread.

I don't want him to go. Would be nice if he got some perspective though.

Since when is Booing not okay in sports? What makes sports special that it gets an exemption? It is entertainment, the universal sign of displeasure in entertainment is Booing the act. It has been since probably ancient times. They sucked. We(fans) paid money and are not entertained-- So fvcking BOOO, Taylor. BOOO!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

If you lose, we boo.  If you win, we cheer.  It's really that simple.

He specifically said he understood if they booed when they lost. But booing a team during that game last night, which was a ridiculous slugfest that they stayed in until the very last second was stupid. You don't do that when you are still in the game. 

If you are getting blown out, ok, I personally wouldn't boo my team because I choose not to, but I would understand. 

That said, Taylor should have kept his huge mouth shut about it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

So basically, we will have traded Larsson for a deferred late first round draft pick and B prospect.  Shero not looking like such genius now, is he?

This post is so stupid that it doesn't even deserve a response.  Which is why I am responding.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Daniel said:

So basically, we will have traded Larsson for a deferred late first round draft pick and B prospect.  Shero not looking like such genius now, is he?

See the source image

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

He specifically said he understood if they booed when they lost. But booing a team during that game last night, which was a ridiculous slugfest that they stayed in until the very last second was stupid. You don't do that when you are still in the game. 

If you are getting blown out, ok, I personally wouldn't boo my team because I choose not to, but I would understand. 

That said, Taylor should have kept his huge mouth shut about it. 

So no booing until the game is over according to Taylor.  Wow, that's just weak in my book.  I always gave him credit for being better than that (meaning going there and whining about those who continue to show up in spite of how sh!tty this team has been for years). He should be thankful the hard core fans still go at all when the product hasn't been any good.  On the plus side for him if they keep being a league doormat the building will become more of a morgue and he won't have to deal with being booed.

Granted I don't care enough to boo at any point but I certainly respect the right of others to do it and certainly without having to wait until the final horn.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Granted I don't care enough to boo at any point but I certainly respect the right of others to do it and certainly without having to wait until the final horn.

Yeah exactly.  I typically don't boo, as I have a pretty high tolerance for what I will put up with, but eventually I'll get to the point where I can't take it anymore and I feel that the players need to hear my/our frustration - and if it happens before the last buzzer goes off, so be it.  The point of booing before the game ended is because we all saw the writing on the wall.  If someone stands in front of you and says look me in the eye and then I'm either going to give you a dollar, or smack you across the face, and 6 or 7 times in a row he smacks you in the face, the 8th time you're probably not going to sit there politely and think "Oh, well maybe this time it'll be different and he'll give me that dollar".  Nope.  You've been there, done that.  You're going to get slapped in the face, AGAIN.  Unless you're a glutton for punishment, there's very little reason to sit there and accept what is most likely about to happen.  

41 minutes ago, titans04 said:

So no booing until the game is over according to Taylor.  Wow, that's just weak in my book.  I always gave him credit for being better than that (meaning going there and whining about those who continue to show up in spite of how sh!tty this team has been for years). He should be thankful the hard core fans still go at all when the product hasn't been any good.  On the plus side for him if they keep being a league doormat the building will become more of a morgue and he won't have to deal with being booed.

So you’re allowed an opinion and he’s not?

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Hall wasn't asked about the fans, he willingly brought it up and personally he can go fvck himself. I was already on the fence about whether or not I thought he was going to sign with the team but this all but sealed it for me. I think he's gone and at this point the team sucks with or without him so I'd rather not give my money to a guy who bitches and moans about the fans after a loss when he should be pointing the finger at himself instead. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Not if it became a slugfest because of blowing a multiple goal lead for the umpteenth time.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

never said that, never even hinted at it.

My point was pretty clear or so I thought.  He looks like a tool for going there. Play better, be a part of the solution and not a part of the problem and the booing would take care of itself. I have slid into the fvck off Taylor column at this point and am hoping they move him because at this point I have no faith in him leading this team into the future. And no that's not just based on this one set of comments. 

Wasn't a huge fan of PK coming here because I think at this point in his career he's more about style than substance and we're getting the sh!tty end of that contract meaning to me he's not worth the 9M price tag going forward. BUT mad respect for him saying what some of us said all game long, he was terrible. It was refreshing to hear especially when there were some saying he wasn't bad and what could he of done differently. It would of been just as easy for him to say we didn't do this we didn't do that but he said nope this is all on me the rest were good enough to win.

ok Cory should of stepped in and said hold my beer but I think most of you will get the idea,

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

But booing a team during that game last night, which was a ridiculous slugfest that they stayed in until the very last second was stupid.

Stayed in?!?!?! They blew two more leads, the latter being multiple goals AGAIN. They didn’t stay in anything, they flat out blew it.

• Like 5