Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

19 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Pretty sure I saw him within the top 10 a lot. Like just outside the top 5. He got taken at least 15 or something. Dropping like 8 spots is dropping to me.

like i said he was a late riser cause he produced a lot at the world juniors and to end his season but in january he was projected about where he was picked.

Here's an articule revisiting early pre-season projections where he was projected 19. https://thehockeywriters.com/2019-nhl-draft-revisiting-preseason-rankings/

And here's a ranking from january where he's actually ranked 15th  https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/sportsnets-2019-nhl-draft-prospect-rankings-january/

40 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

I know this is a garbage website but...

https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2019/11/nhl-trade-rumors-taylor-hall-for-adam-larsson.html?fbclid=IwAR1TOIREjFUF0QQVrDnzUFglPEutz7peDRPd8WmjA4UsONSqXBrq3bT1nCY&m=1

According to Joshua Marshall, Taylor Hall has informed his agent that he wants a trade as of a few days ago.The Edmonton Oilers are the number one team on his list.”

Seems like it could be a troll post though. And sorry about the huge text, it’s a copy and paste.

Well if im Hall yeah i want to go play on a top line with McDavid and Draisitl right now. Would be one of the best line in NHL history

41 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

I know this is a garbage website but...

https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2019/11/nhl-trade-rumors-taylor-hall-for-adam-larsson.html?fbclid=IwAR1TOIREjFUF0QQVrDnzUFglPEutz7peDRPd8WmjA4UsONSqXBrq3bT1nCY&m=1

According to Joshua Marshall, Taylor Hall has informed his agent that he wants a trade as of a few days ago.The Edmonton Oilers are the number one team on his list.”

Seems like it could be a troll post though. And sorry about the huge text, it’s a copy and paste.

I think I was the insider who floated that trade rumor on this board a few days ago. I mean I am the assistant GM after all. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, MB3 said:

It’s a discussion forum Devils fans come for news, it’s also one that’s banned hockeybuzz in the past. All offseason we were inundated with that trash 14 year old’s blog that literally fabricates information so it’s getting tiresome acknowledging its existence. 

my cousin worked as a security guard outside the locker rooms in the 2013-2014 season but nobody would be thrilled if I started calling him a source.

No one was calling him a "source". Your point is moot

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

oh so that’s what you wanna do today. 

lol. Y’all talk about whatever. We had “NHL RUMORS DOT ME” deleted ad nauseam in the offseason so it seems silly to discuss what a 14 year old thinks about the whole topic. No, I don’t believe Hall has demanded a trade to Edmonton and no, I don’t believe hall’s dad has negotiated with the fvcking oilers. 

I don’t believe it either. But the way you react to people mentioning that site is odd. He didn’t even do it as if he believed it. 

Regardless, it’s not up to you what people talk about, whether you like the content or you don’t. 

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

Short of the devils winning like 16 straight and immediately thrusting themselves into the league’s elite tier, the only way Taylor Hall should finish this season in a devils jersey is if he agreed to an extension. 

Agree. Even if we squeak into the playoffs, you have to assume we’d have no shot to win. Retaining him and not getting assets back when he leaves after a first round elimination would be monumentally stupid. 

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

Short of the devils winning like 16 straight and immediately thrusting themselves into the league’s elite tier, the only way Taylor Hall should finish this season in a devils jersey is if he agreed to an extension. 

The longer it takes for him to decide to sign here, the more I want him moved. Hall to Toronto for Nylander? Dallas for Sequin? Col for Zadarov +, Loosapeg for Roslovic?

1 hour ago, vadvlfan said:

The longer it takes for him to decide to sign here, the more I want him moved. Hall to Toronto for Nylander? Dallas for Sequin? Col for Zadarov +, Loosapeg for Roslovic?

The object is to add hall for improvement at a PO run.. not swapping starting talent... teams will give up picks and prospects and secondary players..

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Taylor Hall on a rental isn't worth any of those guys. 

Yup, but the suitor then needs to be able to afford signing him long term..  so, a big market Canadian team in the playoff hunt with 10 mil in cap space..

1 hour ago, EdgeControl said:

The object is to add hall for improvement at a PO run.. not swapping starting talent... teams will give up picks and prospects and secondary players..

Yup, but the suitor then needs to be able to afford signing him long term..  so, a big market Canadian team in the playoff hunt with 10 mil in cap space..

You would need a probably 1st or 2nd  contingent on him signing/staying.

51 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I think it's pretty clear he is going to test the market. Which again hurts our potential for a return. 

If this team starts to do well, I think most fans want Ray to move him regardless of record, because given our time in rebuild, we just can't let him go for nothing. I still go back to how many great teams that are Cup contenders can add a salary like that, that'll make his wish of being a Cup winner that much closer to the nucleus we're building here? Also, when was the last time a guy of this caliber signed with another team and won a Cup quickly? Hossa? 10 years ago. 

We have no idea what his thought process is, and he's a smart dude. It never happens, but boy do I wish he colluded with Ray knowing we aren't a Cup contender yet, go get moved at the Deadline for a ransom, knowing he's signing back here for like 8x9.5 or something like that. 

On the same token, wouldn't any team want to "shed" a few $$.  (I mentioned) Nylander at 7 mil) Hall is very economical now (6mil) Yes there is a little risk in making a move like this for any team. 

5 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

On the same token, wouldn't any team want to "shed" a few $$.  (I mentioned) Nylander at 7 mil) Hall is very economical now (6mil) Yes there is a little risk in making a move like this for any team. 

No, no team in contention is worried about saving $1 mil per in a lateral move at the trade deadline, unless they happen to be exactly $1m shy of having the room on another deal. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

No, no team in contention is worried about saving $1 mil per in a lateral move at the trade deadline, unless they happen to be exactly $1m shy of having the room on another deal. 

Not to mention he's only 1 year into that deal they just signed him on last year that was a major PR issue for them because he held out so long. Imagine if they traded a guy they had locked up for like 6 years at, what is finally this year, looking to be a good value for a rental Taylor Hall because of 1 mil dollars. 

This team needs Hall.  We're playing well with him and he's not even scoring goals himself yet, he's basically been a set-up man so far.  Imagine what we can do if he starts burying the chances he's gotten.  It's not out of the realm of possibility to see him put this team on his shoulders and go on a tear in the second half of the season like he did two years ago. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

This team needs Hall.  We're playing well with him and he's not even scoring goals himself yet, he's basically been a set-up man so far.  Imagine what we can do if he starts burying the chances he's gotten.  It's not out of the realm of possibility to see him put this team on his shoulders and go on a tear in the second half of the season like he did two years ago. 

With some luck, he’d have 7-8 goals instead of 2 and he’d be having a monster year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crisis said:

Only in the MVP season (39) has Hall scored more than 27 goals.

Dude's in his prime right now, and probably will be for another 2 years - you could argue the best is yet to come, and you could also argue he has better linemates/teammates than he ever has before.