Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

11 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Per Friedman there are serious on a Taylor Hall trade and apparently Miles Wood is being dangled as well

wonder what teams are said to be involved and who could be coming back the other way. Wood hasn't done anything this year either so ship them both out and find someone who knows how to stop a hockey puck. I hate to move Hall but its clear as day that no matter what he was never going to be a part of this teams future.

If we're trading Hall now I want an A asset back in return.  No first rounders in the 20-30 range and no B prospects.  In other words, the Karlsson return would be unacceptable.  Byram, Caufield or Johnny Hockey, who just got demoted to the third line. 

If someone wants to give us a second rounder for Wood, I'm fine with that. 

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

If we're trading Hall now I want an A asset back in return.  No first rounders in the 20-30 range and no B prospects.  In other words, the Karlsson return would be unacceptable.  Byram, Caufield or Johnny Hockey, who just got demoted to the third line. 

Caufield seems like the most likely option in this. Maybe Gaudreau if Hall agrees to an extension beforehand. No way Colorado trades Byram imo, even though I would absolutely love that.

I also wouldn't mind a 20-25 1st rounder this year as well. This years draft is apparently really solid. 

Edited by Devs3cups

1 hour ago, Devs3cups said:

Caufield seems like the most likely option in this. Maybe Gaudreau if Hall agrees to an extension beforehand. No way Colorado trades Byram imo, even though I would absolutely love that.

I also wouldn't mind a 20-25 1st rounder this year as well. This years draft is apparently really solid. 

Byram’s point totals and goal totals are down so maybe that would help pry him away.  Or an average showing at the Word juniors if this drags into January.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

I’d love Cayden Primeau as part of a potential Hall deal..... with the Habs locked in to Price for years (and maybe they’d just buy him out, who knows?), Primeau may never get a chance to start there. 

21 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’d love Cayden Primeau as part of a potential Hall deal..... with the Habs locked in to Price for years (and maybe they’d just buy him out, who knows?), Primeau may never get a chance to start there. 

Very wary of goalie prospects that aren’t as close to sure things as you can possibly get.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

True, I tend to agree.... Primeau is very highly touted though. Obviously he wouldn’t be the only piece either.

He was seventh rounder.  Not that it should really matter at this point, but I’d still like to see him dominate the AHL.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Devs3cups said:

I’d love to see him back with Hughes. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Devs3cups said:

What makes Caufield so likely?

Just now, Devs3cups said:

I was saying that between Caufield, Byram and Gaudreau, Caufield seemed like the most likely scenario, even if it's unlikely lol. 

Idk how likely it is, but Montreal is definitely one of the teams I’ve heard mentioned a lot that could be a possible landing spot for Hall. Mostly speculation though, for whatever that’s worth. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Idk how likely it is, but Montreal is definitely one of the teams I’ve heard mentioned a lot that could be a possible landing spot for Hall. Mostly speculation though, for whatever that’s worth. 

Do they trade their top pick from last year’s draft who had like 72 goals for the US national team in 64 games? I don’t feel like you look to move that guy for Hall, especially with his injury issues and newfound ability to completely slay the posts and crossbar. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Do they trade their top pick from last year’s draft who had like 72 goals for the US national team in 64 games? I don’t feel like you look to move that guy for Hall, especially with his injury issues and newfound ability to completely slay the posts and crossbar. 

Who knows. As bad as Hall’s been this season he’s still putting up a decent amount of points. And that’s on a terrible team. A star player who just won an MVP 2 years ago (who would probably re-sign with them being a Canadian team, and having a history of making the playoffs a lot) might be enough to get it done. 

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

MTL is not gambling sending such a huge asset... to get a rental when they are not even making the playoffs... with no guarantee to re-sign him in the summer... makes no sense at all

• Like 3

Just now, SterioDesign said:

MTL is not gambling sending such a huge asset... to get a rental when they are not even making the playoffs... with no guarantee to re-sign him in the summer... makes no sense at all

Bergevin seems to exist to do things that make no sense.  That's what you have to hope for anyway.

19 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

But he’s a really small asset :P

Every day Ray doesn't execute this trade is a chance for a historically brittle player to get hurt. Get the bids in, evaluate and make a decision. Is there any downside to just announce you are going to trade him and just bench him at this point to prevent injury? Don't think the "well we'll just keep him" leverage/bluff really applies when everyone can smell the BS...

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

And by the way, if it is necessary to get the asset we need in a Hall trade, I would absolutely add Gusev to the deal.  He's signed for only one more year and is absolutely the last thing a rebuilding team needs.

I disagree wholeheartedly. After starting the season as a liability defensively he's honestly become one of our better players overall.