Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

5 hours ago, MB3 said:

We got 4 years of a 24 year old Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson.  If you think you're getting more than that for 1/2 of a year for a 28 year old Taylor Hall, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. 

I would be SHOCKED if a Taylor Hall rental returned Bowen Byram. 

I think it really depends on how close Sakic thinks they are. That franchise is stacked on the blue line. If Sakic thinks they are one Taylor Hall away from a Cup, he may just do it. 

10 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I think it really depends on how close Sakic thinks they are. That franchise is stacked on the blue line. If Sakic thinks they are one Taylor Hall away from a Cup, he may just do it. 

I have never once read anything from any of the legit writers that have been reporting on this that Byram is untouchable.  

And if hockey trades were based on transitive logic (we got Hall four years ago for Adam Larsson, so we will necessarily get less than Adam Larsson now that Hall's a UFA at the end of the season) he wouldn't have been traded to us in the first place.  

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

What makes you say he’s a “relatively young 28” after he missed nearly a full season with an injury?

If anything he’s trending the other way. 

Well, I said he's relatively young for the reason I mentioned - some guys have played a ton of playoff games on top of their regular season games, but that isn't the case for Hall.  He's had basically none. 

I didn't really think of his missed season last year, that's true, and I could see why you could look at it that way, but if anything you could also say that that missed season is another reason and example of how he doesn't have a lot of 'miles' on him.  Sure the injury isn't a good thing, but it's a year he had off healing one part of his body rather than putting his entire body (and mind) through a grueling 82 game season (and possibly playoffs).  

Something to consider as we all weigh the “we need guys with NHL experience” argument when thinking about trading a current roster player:

Lets assume that We’re trading Hall and not getting an NHL-right-now guy back in the deal. I think we can stipulate that we’re throwing away this season and letting Nas show management what he’s got. At that point, who cares if we have one line of NHL regulars and 9 guys getting their shot? Sure, we’ll get stomped most nights but would that be much different than what’s happening now with 9-12 guys who belong in the NHL and a handful of “Jesus Christ just get off the team already” players?

30-40 games of “wow these guys might be good, someday” would be a lot more fun for me anyway, than 30-40 of “holy sh!t you shouldn’t suck this badly, what the fvck!”

so yeah... that’s my take

2 hours ago, jagknife said:

Lets assume that We’re trading Hall and not getting an NHL-right-now guy back in the deal. I think we can stipulate that we’re throwing away this season and letting Nas show management what he’s got. At that point, who cares if we have one line of NHL regulars and 9 guys getting their shot? Sure, we’ll get stomped most nights but would that be much different than what’s happening now with 9-12 guys who belong in the NHL and a handful of “Jesus Christ just get off the team already” players?

so yeah... that’s my take

That was the 2018-19 Devils, no?

21 minutes ago, devlman said:

There is absolutely no way Sakic gives us Byram. That said, if he were dumb enough to send him our way we’d have a defense backbone with Byram and Smith with a center backbone of Hughes and Hischier. Cups for the next decade.

For Byram I'd be happy to retain a large chunk of Halls salary and add another player (Wood?). Not that there's much chance they even entertain the idea.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

For Byram I'd be happy to retain a large chunk of Halls salary and add another player (Wood?). Not that there's much chance they even entertain the idea.

Except Colorado has more cap space than we do so it does next to nothing to sweeten the deal unless the owners just don't feel like paying.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

thing is if we trade with Colorado i have a hard time not seeing him sign an extension. He said before Mackinon was his fav player to watch, obviously he's want to play with him and they have a decent chance at a cup so, can't see why it wouldnt happen

Just the other day Mackinnon said this..

“We have guys that we wouldn’t (otherwise) be able to bring in,” MacKinnon said. “On my next deal, I’ll take less again. Because I want to win with this group.”

Taking less doesn't work unless everyone does it and I think Taylor Hall would blow up that salary structure.  Not saying they can't make it work, we know they have cap space for days, it just seems like it could cause some turbulence.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Just the other day Mackinnon said this..

Taking less doesn't work unless everyone does it and I think Taylor Hall would blow up that salary structure.  Not saying they can't make it work, we know they have cap space for days, it just seems like it could cause some turbulence.

I'm still not convinced by him saying "taking less". By the time his deal is up and the cap is upward of 90mm or something so "taking less" could be a half or quarter million when guys of his caliber are making 12-13mm AAV. 

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Travis has another year yet on his deal, not a traditional rental situation. I’d hate to see him go and not retire a Devil at this point, but it is what it is. 

I'd also hate to see him not retire a Devil, and I just don't know what he would bring to another team that's looking to make a playoff push.  He's the type of guy you want in the regular season - he's durable, and good at faceoffs and penalty killing.  What he isn't, is physical, fast, or a pure goal scorer.  

• Like 1