Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

35 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

How is that weird?

you know when you sneeze really hard in public and can't tell if something flew out of your mouth/nose or not cause your eyes closed and you kind of try to look around to see if something indeed flew out but also check if people around you saw it... but you're also trying not to make it obvious that you're looking cause if people see you looking they'll also think something flew out even if it didn't in reality?

Well... i feel playing against Colorado feels kind of like that. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

you know when you sneeze really hard in public and can't tell if something flew out of your mouth/nose or not cause your eyes closed and you kind of try to look around to see if something indeed flew out but also check if people around you saw it... but you're also trying not to make it obvious that you're looking cause if people see you looking they'll also think something flew out even if it didn't in reality?

image.gif.927b1f8bc8fdddb989bf3bd0eb3de90d.gif

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

D591A2AF-E46E-4D21-8C42-8F0E02BC65D2.gif

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

I asked...I deserved this explanation. 

I’m sorry I did.

• Haha 1

This sure makes it sound like Colorado isn't giving Shero anything more than the can of magic beans package:

https://www.milehighhockey.com/2019/12/8/21001282/the-colorado-avalanche-could-trade-for-taylor-hall-as-early-as-this-week-rumor

From what I’ve heard, there is a very strong possibility that the Avs want the final deal to be Martin Kaut, Drew Helleson, Colorado's 2020 first round pick and a 2021 pick that is conditional on Hall re-signing with the Avalanche in the summer. While the Devils insist on it being Timmins and Kaut.

Apparently we were high on Kaut at the 2018 draft and would have selected him over Smith.  The fact that Kaut currently sucks doesn't seem to seem to have altered any opinions.

If Timmins is in the deal, I can live with it.  Otherwise, it's one more nail in Shero's coffin. 

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

This sure makes it sound like Colorado isn't giving Shero anything more than the can of magic beans package:

https://www.milehighhockey.com/2019/12/8/21001282/the-colorado-avalanche-could-trade-for-taylor-hall-as-early-as-this-week-rumor

Apparently we were high on Kaut at the 2018 draft and would have selected him over Smith.  The fact that Kaut currently sucks doesn't seem to seem to have altered any opinions.

If Timmins is in the deal, I can live with it.  Otherwise, it's one more nail in Shero's coffin. 

I read that article too and was not encouraged.

I get Hall is a rental and without a contract, we shouldn’t expect a ton coming back, but not getting someone close to NHL ready will be extremely disappointing to say the least.

• Like 1

I'm not crazy about that return for reasons I've already mentioned, but I'm surprised people aren't happy about a 1st, a conditional, and then two assets.  I guess the two assets may not be much, and that does suck, but typically most folks here place a pretty big emphasis on 1st round picks, so I'm surprised people aren't jumping at that.  I guess maybe because Colorado's 1st is probably going to be a low pick next year (assuming they finish high in the standings...)?

53 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I read that article too and was not encouraged.

I get Hall is a rental and without a contract, we shouldn’t expect a ton coming back, but not getting someone close to NHL ready will be extremely disappointing to say the least.

Sadly the returns tend to be less than what's hoped for.  In some cases a lot less.  And of course he missed well over half the season last year...that ain't helpin. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

If you guys are acting like a former first round pick prospect, a flier prospect, a first round pick and a contingent future pick is some crazy low return for an impending UFA who currently has 6 goals and missed 50 fvcking games last year , a lot of you are about to be very very very disappointed.

I guess, but this still isn't Martin Havlat we're talking about here. TH9 is less than 2 seasons removed from an MVP year.  If I'm Shero and the Avs offer me a package that doesn't include Byram, I'm telling them to kick rocks. Not too much to ask for a player who has yet to play an NHL game in a package for one of the more elite forwards of the past half-decade.

28 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I guess, but this still isn't Martin Havlat we're talking about here. TH9 is less than 2 seasons removed from an MVP year.  If I'm Shero and the Avs offer me a package that doesn't include Byram, I'm telling them to kick rocks. Not too much to ask for a player who has yet to play an NHL game in a package for one of the more elite forwards of the past half-decade.

To piggyback on MB3's post...if you look at the balance of Taylor's last 6 seasons, they're really not that great, all things considered.  For one, he's missed a total of 94 games.  For another, take out the MVP season (it really has to be considered an outlier now, or at least I'm sure that's how some GMs are looking at this), and he's averaged about 23 G and 43 A per 82 GP (he's only reached that 82 GP number once in his career).  Not chump change, but it goes back to what I've said about him...in most of his recent seasons, the promise of what Taylor Hall can be usually isn't what Taylor Hall actually is. 

Not trying to sh!t on him...like I've said, I was definitely willing to take a chance on re-signing him.  But there's enough there to raise doubt as to how much you want to give up to bring him in, especially if a team like the Avalanche views him strictly as a rental and may not be interested in signing him to big money. 

Basically, I think that we value him and think a little more of him at this point than the rest of the league does, especially since we all got to witness the magic of that very special MVP season firsthand.  Yeah, you probably get a bottom-half first-rounder and a couple of decent to meh prospects if you deal him.  But not an exciting near can't-miss prospect who will immediately step into the lineup and having us all saying "Taylor who?" within a few weeks.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I mostly agree with your sentiments since I'm on record saying that Hall, with all his issues and injuries considered, should still bring more value than a mere "could-be big time" d-man, but the only problem with telling the Avs to take a hike is that it could be the best, or even the only offer that's made to us.  I still wouldn't mind re-signing Hall, but if he truly doesn't want to be here and has no interest, then I think we do need to consider that time is of the essence.  It's an unfortunate bargaining piece that works against us.

29 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

To piggyback on MB3's post...if you look at the balance of Taylor's last 6 seasons, they're really not that great, all things considered.  For one, he's missed a total of 94 games.  For another, take out the MVP season (it really has to be considered an outlier now, or at least I'm sure that's how some GMs are looking at this), and he's averaged about 23 G and 43 A per 82 GP (he's only reached that 82 GP number once in his career).  Not chump change, but it goes back to what I've said about him...in most of his recent seasons, the promise of what Taylor Hall can be usually isn't what Taylor Hall actually is. 

Not trying to sh!t on him...like I've said, I was definitely willing to take a chance on re-signing him.  But there's enough there to raise doubt as to how much you want to give up to bring him in, especially if a team like the Avalanche views him strictly as a rental and may not be interested in signing him to big money. 

Basically, I think that we value him and think a little more of him at this point than the rest of the league does, especially since we all got to witness the magic of that very special MVP season firsthand.  Yeah, you probably get a bottom-half first-rounder and a couple of decent to meh prospects if you deal him.  But not an exciting near can't-miss prospect who will immediately step into the lineup and having us all saying "Taylor who?" within a few weeks.

Well said CR his MVP season is certainly an outlier.  Really good player not sure he's a great player. Will always appreciate the MVP season where he just carried this team. But not heartbroken if they move on, especially if they get a decent return.

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

Byram or fvck off. Which should be Ray’s only response to any offer Byram isn’t included in.

14A4B35F-7387-4FEC-96AD-D713D8CF60A0.jpeg

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1