Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

I have the distinct feeling we're getting the magic beans package.

Or good package, I feel sh*tty about that. We trade our big star player with mvp trophy. It’s not a first time in nhl history, it is what it is and particularly needs for organization, but sad in the way how it bitter ending.

Edited by Guadana

I think Hall is a fantastic player and I'd love him to stay long term. But, if Shero hasn't got any indication he's going to sign I don't think he has any other option but to trade him. I'm leaning towards getting decent prospects for him rather than draft picks though. They'll be ready for the team sooner and have, to some extent, already shown what they're capable of. I still feel disappointed he's going though.

• Like 4

I can see it now, the same people who complained for years that Lou never got anything back for his FA's are going to complain that Shero gets too little back in a trade here.  People have to be somewhat realistic when looking at rental trades and not expect an Eric Lindros draft day package back.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nicomo said:

I think we’re set down the middle for years to come with Nico and Hughes. So that’s at least a start. I like having the Jespers on the wing going forward, we just have to build up the defense and hope Blackwood is the guy in net. 

You hope they are set down the middle for years to come, as do I as well. However the truth of the matter is, neither of those players have proven to be anything yet. Both obviously still young and developing especially Hughes but we don’t really know what we have, at this point everything is a question mark.

8 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Teams that i heard as rumours were.. Colorado, MTL, Edm, Dallas, NYI, Buffalo, St-Louis, Carolina...

There are some teams close enough to the cap that they play with 18/19 players because cap space is so tight even bringing up guys from the AHL. The best return(s) I think would be Canes, Avs,  Stars, & Isles. (don't be shocked if Lou is in the mix) Can't see St. louis, Sabres, and Oilers. No one mention Columbus but they've got nothing to give (but Hall would really help them. 

36 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

You hope they are set down the middle for years to come, as do I as well. However the truth of the matter is, neither of those players have proven to be anything yet. Both obviously still young and developing especially Hughes but we don’t really know what we have, at this point everything is a question mark.

Umm...Nico has absolutely already proven he’s a top 6 center in this league. 

3 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

he is not a 7mm player.. so if you ask me, he still has some developing to do. lets put the love affairs for our own toys aside and call a spade a spade. 

He’s absolutely a 7 million dollar player. He got a very similar deal to Clayton Keller, and they’re pretty comparable production wise. 

Nico - 115 points in 177 GP

Keller - 137 points in 201 GP 

4 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

Nico can get away with being a play maker, hughes needs to light the lamp consistently...bratt and zacha need to score more or be traded for prospects eventually.. we have too many skaters and too few scorers... last night was another example 

Hughes is never going to be a big goal scorer. That’s just not his game. 

just read a rumour that St-Louis is offering Robert Thomas and Jake Allen as part of the deal. Thomas is a sort of Mikael Backlund... but he's a center so i'm not sure how that'd make sense. Getting Allen would make sense tho.

That's a type of trade that i'd understand but would feel excited too much about but thats fine. I'd really like to get a potential young stud on the D

Edited by SterioDesign

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

just read a rumour that St-Louis is offering Robert Thomas and Jake Allen as part of the deal. Thomas is a sort of Mikael Backlund... but he's a center so i'm not sure how that'd make sense. Getting Allen would make sense tho

A center is the absolute last thing we need. Almost has to be a defenseman included you would think. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nicomo said:

A center is the absolute last thing we need. Almost has to be a defenseman included you would think. 

yeah its only a rumour tho.

the blues top prospects are mostly forwards tho, Mitch Reinke being their top D prospect but he's not one im particularly excited about

Arizona would make for an interesting trading partner. They have very little cap space. They can fit Hall onto their roster right now given his pro-rated cap hit and the Devils retaining the full 50% of Hall's salary (they would also send Brayden Burke down for a few extra $$$ of space). Typically you'd start to wonder here if Arizona would want to free up a little more room by sending the Devils a roster player as part of the deal. Though, such wouldn't really make sense for a team trying to have all hands on deck for a playoff run - but it's possible. However, it really wouldn't make sense for the Coyotes to be trading away a roster goalie if they're going to give up important assets for a player that likely doesn't re-sign with them all for the sake of making a run this year.

When it comes to the actual prospects, yeah, the Coyotes have their share of intriguing defensemen. Soderstrom is most likely off limits, but Kevin Bahl and Kyle Capobianco are likely not. That said, if the Devils are dealing with the Coyotes you can bet they've at least inquired about Ivan Prosvetov - a 6'5 athletic Russian goaltender the Coyotes drafted in the fourth round in 2018. He's quickly emerging into an elite goaltender prospect. He just barely qualifies for the AHL leaderboards (480 TOI min.) but he has the best save percentage in the AHL through his 8 gp (.944) and he also put up a .930 in 5 gp in the ECHL this year. With Adin Hill somewhat stagnating in the AHL I doubt the Coyotes would be pleased to move Prosvetov but if they want to put themselves out in front for Hall that would help. Not sure Ray can pull it off.

Edited by Neb00rs
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

He’s absolutely a 7 million dollar player. He got a very similar deal to Clayton Keller, and they’re pretty comparable production wise. 

Nico - 115 points in 177 GP

Keller - 137 points in 201 GP 

well agree to disagree, at this point in his career I don't see 7M ... he was given that to get a deal done and retain him with the hope that he would end up earning that... Hall is on a 6M deal, Nico is not a 7M player. Inflated contract to keep the player.

44 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

just read a rumour that St-Louis is offering Robert Thomas and Jake Allen as part of the deal. Thomas is a sort of Mikael Backlund... but he's a center so i'm not sure how that'd make sense. Getting Allen would make sense tho.

That's a type of trade that i'd understand but would feel excited too much about but thats fine. I'd really like to get a potential young stud on the D

I’d take it in a heartbeat and not look back, regardless of how well off we are at center. Centers can always move to wing, it’s the opposite many have trouble with. Could always flip Thomas (or someone else) for a defender 

5 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

well agree to disagree, at this point in his career I don't see 7M ... he was given that to get a deal done and retain him with the hope that he would end up earning that... Hall is on a 6M deal, Nico is not a 7M player. Inflated contract to keep the player.

Well ofc it’s about what he hopefully does, but the point is it took even more money to lock up a guy like Keller who is pretty comparable to Nico’s production. And I don’t even watch Arizona much so I don’t know if he’s as good a 2-way player. 

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I’d take it in a heartbeat and not look back, regardless of how well off we are at center. Centers can always move to wing, it’s the opposite many have trouble with. Could always flip Thomas (or someone else) for a defender 

Blackwood/Allen certainly sounds better than Blackwood/Domingue, too. 

I’ve never been real big on Allen, but he currently has a .925sv% (only 10 GP though). Granted that’s on a really good STL team, but still. The only bad part is he’s already 29, and only has one more year on his deal. 

8 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Blackwood/Allen certainly sounds better than Blackwood/Domingue, too. 

I’ve never been real big on Allen, but he currently has a .925sv% (only 10 GP though). Granted that’s on a really good STL team, but still. The only bad part is he’s already 29, and only has one more year on his deal. 

I’m lukewarm on Allen but with a change of scenery, he could be what we wanted Cory to be.

Also it looks like Colorado is out on Hall:

40 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Arizona would make for an interesting trading partner. They have very little cap space. They can fit Hall onto their roster right now given his pro-rated cap hit and the Devils retaining the full 50% of Hall's salary (they would also send Brayden Burke down for a few extra $$$ of space). Typically you'd start to wonder here if Arizona would want to free up a little more room by sending the Devils a roster player as part of the deal. Though, such wouldn't really make sense for a team trying to have all hands on deck for a playoff run - but it's possible. However, it really wouldn't make sense for the Coyotes to be trading away a roster goalie if they're going to give up important assets for a player that likely doesn't re-sign with them all for the sake of making a run this year.

Well Raanta's basically their 1B goalie at this point.  They'd probably just replace him with Adin Hill and/or some deadline acquisition and think they are just reallocating payroll from a backup goalie to a 1st line winger.