Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I will be extremely disappointed if Jake Allen is part of a deal involving Hall.

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking that.  I mean, what does Jake Allen do for us?  I'll actually be pretty disappointed, and quite shocked, if any goalie is part of the deal. 

Blackwood is fine, and at the moment goaltending is our last area of need, especially with Hall going the other way.

• Like 1

I think the key people worth protecting on our roster is really a very very short list. Shouldn't really have to worry about that.

F: Hischier, Palmieri, Coleman, Zacha, Bratt

D: Severson, Butcher

G: McKenzie?

Protected by default: Hughes, Boqvist, Gusev.

Sad part here is that besides Hischier and maybe Palmieri, a well stacked team wouldn't mind exposing any of the other players we have.

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

at this point i'm just using these random " nhl rumours twitter accounts" posting probable bullsh!t trades to practice my reaction to a return.

You guys can play that too if you want... here's one.

"Per league source: #FlaPanthers and #NJDevils appear to be working out a deal. Trade contains Trocheck, Boyle, Pysyk, and a conditional 2nd rd pick for Taylor Hall."

Boyle, the guy we could have had for free? These guys are low effort.

• Like 1

Here's another one lol 

Remember this is not me posting this as if i think it's legit. We're killing time and I just think it's a good exercise and making my hockey fan brain flex a little trying to see if those returns are fair and research on players i dont know much to understand their value

Sources now reporting a three way trade between: #NJDevils , #FlaPanthers , and surprise surprise, the #LeafsForever . 

Taylor Hall > Florida
Nylander, Trocheck, Matheson, conditional 2nd > Devils
P.K. Subban > Toronto

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Anhkheg said:

I think the key people worth protecting on our roster is really a very very short list. Shouldn't really have to worry about that.

F: Hischier, Palmieri, Coleman, Zacha, Bratt

😧 Severson, Butcher

G: McKenzie?

Protected by default: Hughes, Boqvist, Gusev.

Sad part here is that besides Hischier and maybe Palmieri, a well stacked team wouldn't mind exposing any of the other players we have.

I don’t want to lose Vatanen for nothing. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I hope not. He’s the only defenseman worth a damn on this team right now. We have the money to re-sign him. 

Good luck on that. Not saying I wouldn’t, but he wouldn’t. 

He’s getting moved at the deadline. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I hope not. He’s the only defenseman worth a damn on this team right now. We have the money to re-sign him. 

Agreed. Of the Defensemen on Devs -- Vatanen is good. Greene is smart still, should be a 3rd pairing D tho. 

The rest of them -- Adios I'd say if Devs could send them away. 

And I agree with others here, Vatanen will be traded. He has value and I don't see why he would want to stay and resign with Devils.. IF he does want to stay then yes sign him. 

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Shero should really start having discussions with him about his intentions too.

Avs probably don't need Hall that much and may want to try a run without him and see how that does... BUT throw in Vatanen and retaining salary might be how we can get someone like Byram

Hall probably doesnt get you Byram but Hall + Vatanen can really put the Avs as favorite for the cup. Plus if we retain salary its even more enticing 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

Shero should really start having discussions with him about his intentions too.

Avs probably don't need Hall that much and may want to try a run without him and see how that does... BUT throw in Vatanen and retaining salary might be how we can get someone like Byram

Hall probably doesnt get you Byram but Hall + Vatanen can really put the Avs as favorite for the cup. Plus if we retain salary its even more enticing 

That's definitely a possibility. Shero certainly can add others with Hall to bring in a bigger return. It's sad that Devs have so many players they can trade

2 minutes ago, JohnnyP. said:

That's definitely a possibility. Shero certainly can add others with Hall to bring in a bigger return. It's sad that Devs have so many players they can trade

well its not that sad. just think back to like 2015 when we had nothing of value to make the team better. And any trades we'd make had to be a low risk trade hoping it goes our way. We're slowly getting assets which gives us some flexibility