Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

well its not that sad. just think back to like 2015 when we had nothing of value to make the team better. And any trades we'd make had to be a low risk trade hoping it goes our way. We're slowly getting assets which gives us some flexibility

Yeah.. I get it.... But it does kind of feel like we are rebuilding our rebuild.  - And if we didn't get lucky to get Nico and Jack.... yikes!

• Like 1

Just now, JohnnyP. said:

Yeah.. I get it.... But it does kind of feel like we are rebuilding our rebuild.  - And if we didn't get lucky to get Nico and Jack.... yikes!

well like i always say, all you can do it build and try to improve your team. Look at the leafs...you would have thought after landing Tavares, babcock... marner developping into a top players plus all their other guys that their rebuild was over... but they are not making the playoffs now. It's a tough league

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

well like i always say, all you can do it build and try to improve your team. Look at the leafs...you would have thought after landing Tavares, babcock... marner developping into a top players plus all their other guys that their rebuild was over... but they are not making the playoffs now. It's a tough league

There’s 50 games left little early to completely write them off. They’re only 5 points out of a WC spot. 

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

There’s 50 games left little early to completely write them off. They’re only 5 points out of a WC spot. 

not writing them off but with everything that went their way and how long fans have been waiting, im sure if you were a leafs fan they'd be below expectation at the moment lol

45 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

trocheck/knight from FL would be terrific.

Trocheck is a monster.  Having a down year, but the guy is as fierce a competitor as they come.  Sign me up.

Knight as well - not as the only piece, mind you, but.. yeah.  I'd be happy to get him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Trocheck is a monster.  Having a down year, but the guy is as fierce a competitor as they come.  Sign me up.

Knight as well - not as the only piece, mind you, but.. yeah.  I'd be happy to get him.

Idk about “monster” he’s another small forward that misses a lot of games and has scored more that 54 points once in 7 years...

he’s also a little older than would be ideal to match up with Nico, Hughes, etc timeframe. 

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Idk about “monster” he’s another small forward that misses a lot of games and has scored more that 54 points once in 7 years...

he’s also a little older than would be ideal to match up with Nico, Hughes, etc timeframe. 

He missed a lot last year, but played a full 82 the prior two seasons. 

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

He's only 26 at least, and if we throw in Wood, he can bring the sandpaper edge with an actual ability to score and also not kill goalies like Luis Mendoza

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

He's only 26 at least, and if we throw in Wood, he can bring the sandpaper edge with an actual ability to score and also not kill goalies like Luis Mendoza

He’s a 20-30 goal scorer when he’s on so that would be nice, like I said though I’d rather the main piece be a little younger. Depends what else is coming back. 

Just now, Nicomo said:

He’s a 20-30 goal scorer when he’s on so that would be nice, like I said though I’d rather the main piece be a little younger. Depends what else is coming back. 

Oh fair point entirely, but lets say we're going to use him to be the Hall of our new future, we'll be getting younger. I'm trying to look on the bright side while fighting the caffeine jitters and the same level of weird excitement I had the summer we re-signed the Russian douche.

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

Oh fair point entirely, but lets say we're going to use him to be the Hall of our new future, we'll be getting younger. I'm trying to look on the bright side while fighting the caffeine jitters and the same level of weird excitement I had the summer we re-signed the Russian douche.

He’s a good player, but I’d more excited about a defenseman. Although with this team’s scoring woes lately we might need offense just as badly tbh. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

There will likely be a better than 50% chance that the Hall of our future will be selected in this year's draft.  Before whoever that is comes into his own, you can make do with a player like Trochek and perhaps a guy like Galchenyuk who is a UFA and who Shero has expressed interest in in the past. 

Otherwise, if you look at this past draft, the idea is to try and build a defense like Boston or St. Louis, and let the offense run through Hughes, Nico and our 2020 first rounder.  It's not a terrible plan if you have the right coaches.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

There will likely be a better than 50% chance that the Hall of our future will be selected in this year's draft.  Before whoever that is comes into his own, you can make do with a player like Trochek and perhaps a guy like Galchenyuk who is a UFA and who Shero has expressed interest in in the past. 

Otherwise, if you look at this past draft, the idea is to try and build a defense like Boston or St. Louis, and let the offense run through Hughes, Nico and our 2020 first rounder.  It's not a terrible plan if you have the right coaches.

I'd love Galchenyuk this summer, I'd also love a real coach, which should be the largest item in big bold letters on Shero's to-do list summer 2020

12 minutes ago, HellOnICE said:

I think Raanta, Kevin Bahl and picks is be happy with from Arizona or close to that. We need a veteran goalie to mentor 29 and actually play well, they need cap space, Big LD and picks- what’s not to love

Why get a goalie that we are likely going to lose to free agency or in the expansion draft?  Also, Raanta wants to be a starter who plays himself into another big contract.  He doesn’t want to mentor Blackwood.  

Apparently, they have a young Russian goalie in the AHL who’s tearing it up.