Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

21 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m kind of annoyed now. Held out two nights in a row and the trade is still not finalized. I hope it’s because teams keep outbidding each other. 

I sort of feel the same way, but I don't really think that's the reason.  I feel like Shero may have been feeling some of the pressure to deal Hall because of how bad the team has been, so he held him out as a big precaution, assuming and hoping that he'd get multiple offers, and good ones at that.  We pretty much know that the reasonable destinations for Hall we're/are somewhat limited though, so that's why I kinda doubt he's being overwhelmed with competing offers or ones that are knocking his socks off.  

Edited by NJDfan1711

16 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I sort of feel the same way, but I don't really think that's the reason.  I feel like Shero may have been feeling some of the pressure to deal Hall because of how bad the team has been, so he held him out as a big precaution, assuming and hoping that he'd get multiple offers, and good ones at that.  We pretty much know that the reasonable destinations for Hall we're/are somewhat limited though, so that's why I kinda doubt he's being overwhelmed with competing offers or ones that are knocking his socks off.  

Rumors have been there are as many as 5 teams interested.

I really doubt they just decided to hold him out to try to solicit offers. My expectation is they are close and we’ll have an answer soon. 

17 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

It seems so arbitrary for Shero to choose now as the time to start holding him out of the lineup if there isn't significant interest. I guess you could argue that maybe the roster freeze represents some sort of deadline that management made for making a move with Hall. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I would hope that Shero is wise enough to only take these drastic measures when there's a concrete reason to. He doesn't strike me as a guy who would try to drive up Hall's value by bluffing, which could easily backfire and make him look bad.

Whatever the case may be, the suspense is really killing me now. But I have to admit, some of the ridiculous trade proposals by Yotes and Blues fans have been entertaining (e.g. Hall for Bahl and a 2nd). 

2 minutes ago, nessus said:

Whatever the case may be, the suspense is really killing me now. But I have to admit, some of the ridiculous trade proposals by Yotes and Blues fans have been entertaining (e.g. Hall for Bahl and a 2nd). 

He’s worth more than one Bahl.

Wait, what? 

now the players wives will continue to see each others and it will be like seeing someone you know at the mall, you stop and chat for a bit then you both go... then keep on running in each others... first few times you make a quick joke like "heyyy long time no see uhhh".... then next time you just smile.... and it gets to the point wherel you just pretend you don't even see each other lol

8 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Exactly. Should they have left him in Arizona?

8 hours ago, jagknife said:

“Oh hi guys. Congrats on looking a lot better without me”

Is that worse, or, “Taylor, I know you didn’t get traded yet, but you’re either going to have to stay here in Arizona or find your own way”. 

8 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

now the players wives will continue to see each others and it will be like seeing someone you know at the mall, you stop and chat for a bit then you both go... then keep on running in each others... first few times you make a quick joke like "heyyy long time no see uhhh".... then next time you just smile.... and it gets to the point wherel you just pretend you don't even see each other lol

For most of these guys, it’s not the first time someone was ever rumored to be traded. Everyone knows it’s part of the deal. But yeah, I think that awkwardness sounds just about correct. 

30 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Is that worse, or, “Taylor, I know you didn’t get traded yet, but you’re either going to have to stay here in Arizona or find your own way”. 

For most of these guys, it’s not the first time someone was ever rumored to be traded. Everyone knows it’s part of the deal. But yeah, I think that awkwardness sounds just about correct. 

I think it’d be awkward as hell either way. I mean it’s cool they didn’t Gallant him, still weird.

now the question becomes is he really going to sit until traded or are they going to start playing him again?

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I think it’d be awkward as hell either way. I mean it’s cool they didn’t Gallant him, still weird.

now the question becomes is he really going to sit until traded or are they going to start playing him again?

I guess the answer lies in how close they are. Personally, I don’t believe they just decided now was the time to sit him without talks having heated up. 

Clearly none of us know, but my suspicion is it gets done before our next game on Wednesday. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Not giving teams permission to speak with him about extensions tells me that Hall's agent has told Shero there is ZERO chance he signs in-season.

That's a bummer, means our return is really going to be.. not great.

Hall isn't most likely worth what we think he is. He's a pure rental player coming off a knee injury that took him out for quite awhile. Plus he at the moment doesn't have the speed he did before the injury.

If they can get a good d prospect, a goalie who can let Blackwood ease into being the #1 for the next year and a half, get a 1st rounder, plus maybe a conditional 1st if he re-signs, I think it's as good as it can get.

Putting blackwood out there most nights with this team and defense is going to kill him.

11 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Rumors have been there are as many as 5 teams interested.

I really doubt they just decided to hold him out to try to solicit offers. My expectation is they are close and we’ll have an answer soon. 

11 hours ago, nessus said:

It seems so arbitrary for Shero to choose now as the time to start holding him out of the lineup if there isn't significant interest. I guess you could argue that maybe the roster freeze represents some sort of deadline that management made for making a move with Hall. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I would hope that Shero is wise enough to only take these drastic measures when there's a concrete reason to. He doesn't strike me as a guy who would try to drive up Hall's value by bluffing, which could easily backfire and make him look bad.

Oh I didn't mean to imply that I don't think a deal is close, just that I don't think there's a ton of offers, or at least many that are necessarily heavily in our favor. 

• Like 1

Looks like the only thing that's imminent, is that this is coming down to Wednesday night like a mini-trade deadline negotiation.

This can't go into the freeze though, it just can't.  Now that Hall's already been shelved it would be ridiculous to have him sit 10-15 games or more waiting on a trade that isn't going to get any better with time, and the league would be all over our ass.

Edited by NJDevs4978

5 hours ago, devlman said:

Has this career loser been dealt yet? His loser stench still permeates the team and can be smelled over the usual stench of our great state. Let’s go Shero, execute whatever deal is on the table so we can all move on.

To be fai: Hall was a huge part of our playoff birth a couple years ago and he did win the Hart

I mean we've all soured on him, but it's not like Shero made any valid effort to surround him with talent or provide even a passable defense.

Edited by CarpathianForest
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

To be fai: Hall was a huge part of our playoff birth a couple years ago and he did win the Hart

Yeah, career loser talk is just sour grapes. I was annoyed over the booing stuff, but the guy is a hell of a player. One of the best we’ve ever had. I’m going to try my hardest to have no ill will towards him moving forward. It’s pretty understandable he just wants to win before it’s too late. 

• Like 3

Yeah if you want to say he's a moody **** that needs to be moved a la Langenbrunner that's one thing but no self-respecting Devils fan should be calling him a loser when he brought us our only exciting few months in eight years of garbage with Keith Kinkaid as our starting goalie and an eighteen-year old as the first-line center as his supporting cast.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1