Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

We are going to get a return commensurate with giving someone a half season of Taylor Hall. It’s not going to be team altering, he’s a rental. The idea that any team will give us their top (probably defensive) prospect for him is ridiculous. 

What we will get, however, is something as opposed to nothing. 

• Like 1

i don't trust that site but i think i'd be okay with a return similar to that i guess. Owen Tippett is a top prospect

https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2019/12/nhltr-florida-panthers-send-final-offer.html

"Florida has sent an offer to Devils GM, Ray Shero that is centred around LHD Mike Matheson and prospects, Owen Tippett and Henrik Borgstrom. If the Devils allow the Panthers to negotiate a contract, they may be willing to include a first-round draft pick."

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i don't trust that site but i think i'd be okay with a return similar to that i guess. Owen Tippett is a top prospect

https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2019/12/nhltr-florida-panthers-send-final-offer.html

"Florida has sent an offer to Devils GM, Ray Shero that is centred around LHD Mike Matheson and prospects, Owen Tippett and Henrik Borgstrom. If the Devils allow the Panthers to negotiate a contract, they may be willing to include a first-round draft pick."

That can’t be right.... you take that offer and RUN.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

yeah exactly lol

it sucks cause Shero really doesnt have much leverage right now. Teams know Ray can't get this going for much longer but they can wait and jerk him around until he accepts a lower offer... if Hall has to sit a 3rd game on wednesday i can't imagine the NHLPA not stepping in or something.

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

That site is more bullsh!t than Єklund (2.3% accurate). At least Єklund (2.3% accurate) knows to steal some of his content from other sources once in a while so he at least appears more credible. That site is as believable as the guy on HF saying, "FWIW my cousin's girlfriend's dad is the window for Ken Holland. He overheard Ken's conversation while he was on the toilet this morning and they were discussing 9 firsts for Taylor Hall. Believe it or dont but if you call me a liar you can go fvck yourself when I'm right". 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I don’t think it’s that crazy of an offer.  You hear the Panthers have soured on Matheson.  Borgstrom is the type of prospect who has done it everywhere except the NHL when he’s been given a chance.  And Tippett has been given every chance to stick with the big club, but hasn’t been able to do it.

7 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I don’t think it’s that crazy of an offer.  You hear the Panthers have soured on Matheson.  Borgstrom is the type of prospect who has done it everywhere except the NHL when he’s been given a chance.  And Tippett has been given every chance to stick with the big club, but hasn’t been able to do it.

That’s interesting, because I hadn’t heard Florida had soured on Matheson.... nonetheless, that site isn’t credible.

8 hours ago, Daniel said:

I’m weary of Tippett.  Those Mississauga teams with him, McLeod and Alex Nylander were supposed to be stacked and they never really had much success.  So far they’ve all been underwhelming as pros as well.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Devils01 said:

GET THE DEAL DONE RAY. 

I’d be surprised if he’s not dealt today.

Then you'll be surprised.  This is coming down to Tuesday night/Wednesday...like with any high-powered negotiation, no offer is going to be the best offer until a true deadline is imminent.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Just now, NJDevs4978 said:

Then you'll be surprised.  This is coming down to Wednesday...like with any high-powered negotiation, no offer is going to be the best offer until a true deadline is imminent.

Yeah, I won't exactly be surprised if he's dealt today, but I definitely won't be shocked if he's not.  I think if this goes on until or past Wednesday, then he's not going anywhere.  Ray isn't going to sit the guy out for more than 3 games.

• Like 1

very underwhelmed if thats the florida package. 

two prospects that are rapidly approaching their sell by dates. 

*edit: Tippet has done better than I thought in the AHL for whatever thats worth and is only 20. 

Borgstrom does nothing for me though, and Matheson lol

Edited by Toasterleavins
dumbness

Also do not see why the Devils cant hold Hall out of the lineup forever if they want to.

"He's become a locker room distraction and is being held out of the lineup indefinitely" etc. 

(not saying this is the case, but what can the nhl do if that's what you tell them? you are allowed to healthy scratch players)

23 minutes ago, Toasterleavins said:

Also do not see why the Devils cant hold Hall out of the lineup forever if they want to.

"He's become a locker room distraction and is being held out of the lineup indefinitely" etc. 

(not saying this is the case, but what can the nhl do if that's what you tell them? you are allowed to healthy scratch players)

Dunno, I think it just looks bad - for the team, and for Shero.  

16 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Dunno, I think it just looks bad - for the team, and for Shero.  

I disagree here, have said this for weeks. It's Ray's job to do what's best for the organization - it's a business. What's best is Hall not getting hurt. That's it. Full stop. His contract status has been holding this team suspended in animation a little bit - let's move on see some of the youth.

How does it look bad for the team? Hall could make this a little easier if he was willing to sign somewhere now. 

Edited by HellOnICE
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Do you think if the Devils were on pace to finish around 7th or 8th in the east that he would’ve re-signed with the team or do you think he still would have wanted to walk?  All speculation of course since we know that’s not happening.

It appears that the trade is happening largely because the Devils are only willing to offer him five or six years, although being at the bottom of the league doesn't help either.