Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

13 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

I wonder if Kovy being available now weakens Shero’s chances. Both Hall and Kovy would probably be rentals at this point. How was Kovy’s production compared to Hall this year?

You can't be serious...Kovy's washed up.  He's had 43 points in 81 NHL games since coming back with a -36 and his point production's declined after a hot start last year.  Ironically the only team I could see signing him is us, as a cynical sell ticket ploy.

Looking it up he had 14 points in his first 14 games last year.  Which means 29 in the 67 since...yikes.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

Just now, NJDevs4978 said:

You can't be serious...Kovy's washed up.  He's had 43 points in 81 NHL games since coming back with a -36 and his point production's declined after a hot start last year.  Ironically the only team I could see signing him is us, as a cynical sell ticket ploy.

Looking it up he had 14 points in his first 14 games last year.  Which means 29 in the 67 since...yikes.

29 in 67 games... Zacha would kill for those numbers sadly

12 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

I wonder if Kovy being available now weakens Shero’s chances. Both Hall and Kovy would probably be rentals at this point. How was Kovy’s production compared to Hall this year?

Oh God no...Kovy is a total washup at this point (he hasn't suited up for a game since early November...LA basically told him he could practice with the team, but wouldn't be playing anymore).  He should just go to the KHL and jump back onto a stacked team. 

But now that the Kings just terminated his contract...guess he might get one last look on a minimum deal. 

And nothing against Gusev, who's looked better overall since those earlier scratches, but if anything, we're learning that you can't make too big of a deal out of nice KHL numbers. 

1 minute ago, pumpkin cutter said:

Only way I’ll be disappointed is if we don’t get a first. 

Apparently we got a first and a conditional first and two prospects.

Edit, a conditional third.... i'll stop until we know the full damage

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

No players, go fvck yourself Ray.  Sorry, prospects and picks do nothing for this team, does absolutely nothing to improve the team currently.  Plus how often do prospects turn out like absolute $hit?  Devils are experts at that.

If this is what Shero got, then there wasn't a better offer. Look in the mirror,  thankfully you're not the GM.

Edited by CarterforPresident

3 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

No players, go fvck yourself Ray.  Sorry, prospects and picks do nothing for this team, does absolutely nothing to improve the team currently.  Plus how often do prospects turn out like absolute $hit?  Devils are experts at that.

If you're in a position where you have to trade a star player like Hall you aren't going to be getting any improvement for "right now". 

• Like 1