Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

This deal is as expected. Those who thought we were getting someone's top defensive prospect for a rental player were totally off the wall. 

EDIT: didn't think we'd have to retain salary, but all things considered, we don't give a fvck about salary. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

I’m happy with the first so the rest is gravy. Let’s hope they win a round. 

I guess we're all coyotes fans now.

maybe they have a deep run this year and convince Hall to re-sign and suddenly we've got two first-round picks for him.

Just now, DevsMan84 said:

He might turn into something.

Whooptie-doo!

What were you expecting... honestly.
I'll take the prospects and picks...  verse losing him for nothing. 
Especially as we have about a 0.1% of making the playoffs WITH Hall this year...  and now, somehow less of a chance.

1 minute ago, aylbert said:

What were you expecting... honestly.
I'll take the prospects and picks...  verse losing him for nothing. 
Especially as we have about a 0.1% of making the playoffs WITH Hall this year...  and now, somehow less of a chance.

Something better than revolving around Bahl, who according to the post above yours may turn into a 3rd pairing D-man

• Like 1

Just now, MB3 said:

Were you expecting Miro Heiskanen? This is a guy who’s been injured, largely underperforming this year. He’s had 3 years in his entire career where he’s performed like a top-20 player in the sport, and he’s dead-set on becoming an unrestricted free agent in July. 

its a first round pick, a BIG body defenseman who might not fvcking suck, two “who knows” prospects and a 3rd, likely 2nd, possibly first round pick. 

thats a good return, regardless of how grumpy you want to be. 

No, but Ottawa got a better return for a Karlsson glorified rental.

A Big Body D-man who might turn into a 3rd pairing D-man.  Great, Mirco Mueller 2.0.

Two "who knows" prospects?  Hey, we got that out the ass up in Bing.

The first rounder is the only thing to be happy about.

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

You’re giving up on the three prospects before they’ve even gotten here? It might be Mirco Mueller. It probably won’t be. 

Karlsson was fvcking infinitely more valuable than Taylor hall at the time of the trade — he was an undisputed top-2 defenseman IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE. He also made it clear he’d be amenable to an extension — something Taylor likely did not do. 

im not throwing any parades but I’m glad it’s over and I hope they pan out. 

How many years are we going to waste on prospects and maybe's?  We have been doing that for the past 6 years now.  There has to be a light at the end of the tunnel where some of these prospects and picks actually turn into useful players and not constantly play the slot machine.

Karlsson also had injury issues and there were some whispers at the time he was done.

The Senators got a top prospect (Brannstrom), a player who is no longer in the NHL (Oscar Lindberg), and a 2nd for Stone WITH an extensions and a different Lindberg. No first rounder.

This is what you get for a Hall rental.  Not sure what else you could reasonably expect.

Edited by Crisis
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Something better than revolving around Bahl, who according to the post above yours may turn into a 3rd pairing D-man

Merkley was a late 2015 1st round pick.  (3rd ranked prospect)
Bahl was a 2018 2nd  (5th ranked prospect)
Schnarr is a 2017 3rd rounder. (9th ranked prospect)

PLUS we get their 1st rounder this year unless they win the lottery...
PLUS a 3rd round pick... that could easily become a 2nd,  and possibly even another 1st.

For a rental.

If we couldn't sign Hall...  I'll take it. 
Am I super happy?  No.  I'd rather have Hall resigned.
But I'd rather the above, than to lose him for nothing.  

• Like 3

Next draft will be one of the best in 10 years. We still have bright new first round pick and d-prospect(something + for our big nothing) who will play in wjc. Schnarr was good in OHL. Its not the best trade ever for rental player, but its something more than we were used to.

• Like 2

I mean this was always what it was going to be - something like the Duchene return. Except Ray got three prospects instead of two and a guaranteed third round pick. If you're being reasonable, Ray did just fine.The Devils were the sellers, they had the star player on the expiring contract, they needed to make the trade. And they probably to some degree limited the market a bit further by trading him so early on (though I get the thinking there). Not sure anything ever becomes of Schnarr and Merkley. The latter hits me as having Blandisi-type trajectory. The Devils negotiated hard to get the best out of this they could - I'm sure they asked for Prosvetov, but like I said the other day, I didn't think it was likely Ray could pull that off - at least not without changing the entire dynamic of the trade. Bahl ain't a bad return, he's going to at least get a chance to play in the NHL at some point and he's a big physical guy who's a good skater given his size. There's all of zero chance the Devils are getting the extra first, but the 2020 first round pick could end up being mid-round if we get lucky and Arizona slides and the third helps us fill out picks we lost this past offseason. Ultimately, the Devils needed the assortment of prospects and picks to restock their system. Yeah, prospects often don't ever make it as NHL regulars but when you're  on the verge of losing several key veterans and you just lost 50% of your offense, you have to start stocking up and playing the percentage game.

Edited by Neb00rs
  • Like 6