Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

Anecdotal yes, but it seems after marinating on this and checking comments on instagram/facebook/twitter, hockey fans from all sorts of teams have the opinion that we won this trade.  I saw a lot of comments ragging on Arizona for mortgaging their future prospects on a rental player with injury history. Only time will tell, of course, but the general social media milieu skews on the Devils side. 

Not sure if this was posted yet, but an analysis of where the Yotes and Devils will land following this trade.. pretty interesting to see that Bruins or Panthers could be in the mix for a landing spot for Hall in 2020-2021, but I think we expected the Oilers and Av's to be on this list. Anyways, rebuild 2.0 on.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Anecdotal yes, but it seems after marinating on this and checking comments on instagram/facebook/twitter, hockey fans from all sorts of teams have the opinion that we won this trade.  I saw a lot of comments ragging on Arizona for mortgaging their future prospects on a rental player with injury history. Only time will tell, of course, but the general social media milieu skews on the Devils side. 

I think we won the trade as much as we could.   If you can resign him, you do that.   If you can't, you can't let the dude walk for free...  especially playing for nothing.
 I don't think we get a much better deal this past offseason given the question marks around his health...   and plus, we had a legit shot of resigning him if things fell right.

We did the best we could with the crap hand we had.   We won as much as we could be winners here.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

mmm what?

They never exchanged potential contract offers and he never thought we have no chance to sign him?

Sigh, what the hell are we to make of this.

So there was never an official offer made to Hall?  Would he have been receptive to one?  

If he never thought that a deal was impossible.. why would he have not at least put an offer in front of Hall?  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

So there was never an official offer made to Hall?  Would he have been receptive to one?  

If he never thought that a deal was impossible.. why would he have not at least put an offer in front of Hall?  

No offers "exchanged"  could mean we made one, but they didn't counter nor accept.
Or they came with a number that was too pricey to even counter.

Or it's just GM speak.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aylbert said:

No offers "exchanged"  could mean we made one, but they didn't counter nor accept.
Or they came with a number that was too pricey to even counter.

Or it's just GM speak.

Ah I see, I see.  That makes sense, thanks.

2 minutes ago, moustic said:

Because he rather wanna do that this summer as a free agent ; )

Image result for doubt meme

• Haha 2

If Hall did that... well first it would blow my mind. Second, it would be the single most loyal thing I've ever heard a player to do for this organization.  I would welcome him back with a seven year contract and never question his loyalty again.

Ok, so that was dreamworld.  In the real world he will likely sign with some team in our division and then beat the hell outta us for years to come.

Doe this mean were not making the playoffs???? 🤓 j/k

All kidding aside, Whether you liked Hall or not it was a trade that needed to be made. Hall needed the change of scenery as much as we did, if there was any chance of him signing long term (which IMHO there was not) it was gone by mid October. Though I do not think he was a cancer I firmly believe the longer this dragged on the more negative effects on the other players there were. His next contract needed to get done, there is a lot of mental masturbation probably going on in his head, what if I get hurt, is this team I'm on any good, if I wait UFA $$ Years location...Etc... Ray I'm sure ran the numbers and took what was the best deal.

We have a good foundation with Nico/Jack/Pickles/MB2 now ad picks and prospects on def like Smith/Walsh now Bahl plus whatever we can trade out at deadline this year not to mention new coaches with (hopefully) a new system. As a Devil fan I'm disappointed in this years team but I'm excited about their future. Lets Go Devils!!!!!

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Because Hall said he wasn’t ready to discuss it until he saw the team’s direction. Why would you put a contract on the table for a guy who says he’s not going to discuss it yet? That would be terrible negotiating. 

43 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That would be like when you broke up with your girl, all your buddies said how ugly and annoying she was, and then you get back together. 

Did I get that right @SterioDesign??

Yes.

The funniest thing it happened to me last year lol a buddy of mine broke up with his crazy gf. We all told him how fvcking insane she was and he agreed. 

Got a new girlfriend.. cheated on her with her ex and got her pregnant... and of course it was awkward everytime we'd see them lol but now they broke up again and he has to pay child support for god knows how long and the guy is like 45 years old.

See. Our situation is NOT that bad :P

The opposite also works... when your friend keep telling you how fvcking amazing his new gf is... how lucky he got and that she's perfect, she has it all!!!... but then she leave him and suddenly she was the biggest bitch, he's wayyy better off without her anyway and she was no good at all. lol (let's just not pretend we didn't see this happen here haha)

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Haha 1

Just listened to Shero's press conference in its entirety -

Well, I think either he's delusional or he is really in the beginning phases of denial for what he has done thus far with this team.  He kept rambling on without any sense of conviction for any of the things he was communicating.  Is this guy literally out of touch?

What I find interesting was that he suggested, in his various rumblings, that Harris and Blitzer essentially had to give a blessing for him to trade Hall.  Which for me suggests that either A) Blitzer and Harris essentially told Shero there was no way they would spend that money on Hall in the offseason so therefore, trade him  or B ) They aren't as cheap as we're thinking they are because they had to approve Shero eating salary for Hall, which essentially would impact the bottom line of the organization.

I had a smidgeon of faith in Shero before all this, but after listening to him, I for certain think this guy is not the man to lead the NJ Devils forward.

If we're doing "Rebuild 2.0" let's get proven NJ Devils blood in there - Stevens, Brodeur, Elias...etc.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Mitico12 said:

If we're doing "Rebuild 2.0" let's get proven NJ Devils blood in there - Stevens, Brodeur, Elias...etc.

Let. Go. Of. The. Past.

They are all legends on the ice.    They are not legendary coaches/management.

• Like 8