Derlique

Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

2 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Id say no. Unless he re-signs or is traded for something better than Larsson, I think it'd be a wash if he just walks. I also don't see Ray letting him walk or getting less than that as a return so I think we win this no matter what

Agreed. 

We absolutely still won the trade. Hart winner giving us one of the best individual seasons we'll ever see, plus lottery-magic getting us Nico and Jack. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

We absolutely still won the trade. Hart winner giving us one of the best individual seasons we'll ever see, plus lottery-magic getting us Nico and Jack. 

I'll forever wonder if you ever met him if he'd have wanted to stay longer. He'll never know what he missed out on. 

😉

17 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If somehow we were stupid enough to let him walk in free agency, did we still win the trade

That’s never happening, so don’t worry about it.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

That’s never happening, so don’t worry about it.

I'm not worried. 

• Like 1

I def agree that Hall should re-sign especially with the moves that were made during the offseason but why would he want to make that decision now and not wait until a few months into the season to determine how the team is looking?  Why would he want to rush to sign when he prob wants to see what the results look like and not guess what he should do based on how the team looks on paper prior to the season starting?

4 hours ago, ajsgolf said:

I def agree that Hall should re-sign especially with the moves that were made during the offseason but why would he want to make that decision now and not wait until a few months into the season to determine how the team is looking?  Why would he want to rush to sign when he prob wants to see what the results look like and not guess what he should do based on how the team looks on paper prior to the season starting?

It could make sense but it's not just about what he wants, it's also about what Shero wants. And if im Shero having Hall starting the season without a new contract is really not ideal

2 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

It could make sense but it's not just about what he wants, it's also about what Shero wants. And if im Shero having Hall starting the season without a new contract is really not ideal

Not only is it not ideal, in my eyes, it’s a non-starter. If Hall won’t commit, Shero has to trade him before the season to maximize the return. I’d think teams would be willing to give up more if they know they have Hall for a full season. Sign by September or start packing, Taylor.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Not only is it not ideal, in my eyes, it’s a non-starter. If Hall won’t commit, Shero has to trade him before the season to maximize the return. I’d think teams would be willing to give up more if they know they have Hall for a full season. Sign by September or start packing, Taylor. 

Yup. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

im currently biting my tongue so damn hard. so. hard. 

Why, based on your previous post, you seem to agree. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Why, based on your previous post, you seem to agree. 

Well thats the fvcking thing lol NOW WE AGREE?!

That's ALWAYS been my stance since i joined this forum in like 2009. I always said that you cannot let your top UFAs play their last season without locking them up first cause it's way too risky for so many reasons. I'd list all the reasons, which were all really systematic. I'd give examples (often bringing up Shero's moves in Pittsburgh). And well if you do let him start the season at LEAST be willing to talk to the player during the season.

Yet not a single soul on this forum would agree with that approach in the summer of 2011 and i'd bring up Holik, Nieds, Rafalski, Gomez etc etc and with Parise's contract coming up i was worried about that and that's what created that whole SD vs Lou and this whole forum. Cause i had to defend that principle over and over and over and over with just about everyone here and it would just snowball forever cause literally nobody agreed with me. And then it obviously happened.

I heard every single excuses under the sun trying to justify why it was not the way to go for parise and all the other guys. "You cannot give an ultimatum like that to a player"... "you can't commit to a player long term if he's coming back from a surgery and if you dont know if his injury will be a problem".... "players deserves to test UFA after playing so many years for a team"... etc etc etc my favs are all the hindsight 20/20 excuses "it was the right move cause we made it to the cup finals because of that!" i mean.. we were not expected to make it to the finals that year at all after missing the playoffs the year before. So if that was an excuse then... then we shouldn't trade hall cause we may make it to the finals this year? Right?

Anyway... now it's like widely accepted that obviously that's how a GM should address a situation like this.... like it's pure common sense?

Edited by SterioDesign

24 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well thats the fvcking thing lol NOW WE AGREE?!

That's ALWAYS been my stance since i joined this forum in like 2009. I always said that you cannot let your top UFAs play their last season without locking them up first cause it's way too risky for so many reasons. I'd list all the reasons, which were all really systematic. I'd give examples (often bringing up Shero's moves in Pittsburgh). And well if you do let him start the season at LEAST be willing to talk to the player during the season.

Yet not a single soul on this forum would agree with that approach in the summer of 2011 and i'd bring up Holik, Nieds, Rafalski, Gomez etc etc and with Parise's contract coming up i was worried about that and that's what created that whole SD vs Lou and this whole forum. Cause i had to defend that principle over and over and over and over with just about everyone here and it would just snowball forever cause literally nobody agreed with me. And then it obviously happened.

I heard every single excuses under the sun trying to justify why it was not the way to go for parise and all the other guys. "You cannot give an ultimatum like that to a player"... "you can't commit to a player long term if he's coming back from a surgery and if you dont know if his injury will be a problem".... "players deserves to test UFA after playing so many years for a team"... etc etc etc my favs are all the hindsight 20/20 excuses "it was the right move cause we made it to the cup finals because of that!" i mean.. we were not expected to make it to the finals that year at all after missing the playoffs the year before. So if that was an excuse then... then we shouldn't trade hall cause we may make it to the finals this year? Right?

Anyway... now it's like widely accepted that obviously that's how a GM should address a situation like this.... like it's pure common sense?

#ThatTimeOfTheMonth

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well seriously. Am i wrong!?

No idea, I wasn’t here in 2011 and don’t really have a clue what you’re talking about. 

At the end of the day i think it's about if he really likes it in NJ... cause not a single destination can guarantee him a cup anyway. Just look at fvcking Tampa last year. So if you go somewhere JUST for a cup and you don't get it.. you changed your whole life for nothing. So if you end your career and never win a cup... well at least you were living somewhere where you were happy.

So IF he really likes it in NJ and that he thinks that NJ has a "shot" at a cup in the future. Then that's all he can base his decision on really.

I wonder if you're in his position if you get your agent to do some work and see which teams could be in a position to make a pitch next summer and stuff like that so you can kind of gauge your options?

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

At the end of the day i think it's about if he really likes it in NJ... cause not a single destination can guarantee him a cup anyway. Just look at fvcking Tampa last year. So if you go somewhere JUST for a cup and you don't get it.. you changed your whole life for nothing. So if you end your career and never win a cup... well at least you were living somewhere where you were happy.

So IF he really likes it in NJ and that he thinks that NJ has a "shot" at a cup in the future. Then that's all he can base his decision on really.

I wonder if you're in his position if you get your agent to do some work and see which teams could be in a position to make a pitch next summer and stuff like that so you can kind of gauge your options?

Everything is speculation right now, aside from the few interviews and other tidbits of info we've gotten over the past few months. And despite Taylor's lack of enthusiasm in his interviews, you even have to take that with a grain of salt as he after all, is a party to a multi-million dollar negotiation of which he is incentivized to play hard to get.

That said, my gut feeling (also given what we know) is that it's either NJ or Toronto that he'd play for. He's super connected with Toronto, I think him watching the Raptors run this year really affected him and his heart is to me, clearly in Canada - but I think at this point his mind must be pointing towards the opportunity in NJ, especially with Toronto's lack of cap space. The only way Toronto would be a possibility would be if Marner is traded. Hall also seems to really appreciate how he's been treated in NJ, by the fans and especially, the organization - and I think he's wise enough to not take that for granted. He's got a good thing going here. A few days ago Hall admitted he hadn't made his mind up yet - hopefully Hynes was able to make him see the light.

7 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Everything is speculation right now, aside from the few interviews and other tidbits of info we've gotten over the past few months. And despite Taylor's lack of enthusiasm in his interviews, you even have to take that with a grain of salt as he after all, is a party to a multi-million dollar negotiation of which he is incentivized to play hard to get.

That said, my gut feeling (also given what we know) is that it's either NJ or Toronto that he'd play for. He's super connected with Toronto, I think him watching the Raptors run this year really affected him and his heart is to me, clearly in Canada - but I think at this point his mind must be pointing towards the opportunity in NJ, especially with Toronto's lack of cap space. The only way Toronto would be a possibility would be if Marner is traded. Hall also seems to really appreciate how he's been treated in NJ, by the fans and especially, the organization - and I think he's wise enough to not take that for granted. He's got a good thing going here. A few days ago Hall admitted he hadn't made his mind up yet - hopefully Hynes was able to make him see the light.

I'd do Marner for Hall all day long if i could

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

Except Toronto, everyone would too ! 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

No idea, I wasn’t here in 2011 and don’t really have a clue what you’re talking about. 

Be glad. 

7 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

I mean it’s almost like both the Leafs and Hall are asking for it. Marner remains unsigned, Hall wants to go there, I can’t see why it wouldn’t get done. 

Now, knowing Marner isn’t willing to sign long term, what does that add to the equation? Is Taylor with an 8 year deal “worth” more? 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I mean it’s almost like both the Leafs and Hall are asking for it. Marner remains unsigned, Hall wants to go there, I can’t see why it wouldn’t get done. 

Now, knowing Marner isn’t willing to sign long term, what does that add to the equation? Is Taylor with an 8 year deal “worth” more? 

My only issue with Marner is that it's pretty clear he will be out the door as soon as he can be. He's just trying to get to UFA as soon as possible. I guess it's just a question of if that would match our window. 

Edited by Devil Dan 56

Hall, first, prospect for Marner I would be very nice. And give to Marner that we could.