Jump to content

Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary


Derlique

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

yeah it's very weird and not a good sign IMO. If things were fine he'd be signed by now, Shero has literally never let it go that late. Might mean he has to convince him or he's working on a deal.

Are you referring to his time in Pittsburgh? I don’t recall anyone signing an extension a year before they became a free agent since he’s been here.

Doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened, but still. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SterioDesign said:

yeah it's very weird and not a good sign IMO. If things were fine he'd be signed by now, Shero has literally never let it go that late. Might mean he has to convince him or he's working on a deal.

Shero has already done all he can do to convince him though. Subban and the best non-NHL player in the world in one offseason. If Hall’s not convinced it was never about wanting to see talent added. 

For the record, I don’t think he’s going to re-sign at this point. We’ll never get anything close to what he’s worth, but hopefully Shero can get something good. Just picks would be disappointing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Nicomo said:

Shero has already done all he can do to convince him though. Subban and the best non-NHL player in the world in one offseason. If Hall’s not convinced it was never about wanting to see talent added. 

For the record, I don’t think he’s going to re-sign at this point. We’ll never get anything close to what he’s worth, but hopefully Shero can get something good. Just picks would be disappointing. 

and i mean...MAYBE its fine and they are talking or god knows... but looking at Shero's history... this never happened. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another couple of weeks and he can pack his sh!t. And this is why. Every week that goes by, what are we talking about? This sh!t. Trade his ass if he doesn’t put pen to paper in the next couple of weeks, enough.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Another couple of weeks and he can pack his sh!t. And this is why. Every week that goes by, what are we talking about? This sh!t. Trade his ass if he doesn’t put pen to paper in the next couple of weeks, enough.

I don't have any idea where the Hall talks stand but I do know that he hasn't spent a day in NJ since early June. I imagine if they are going to announce such a monumental signing for the franchise, they'd do it with Hall there in person. So, I'm speculating here big time, but I'd guess that if a deal was going to happen prior to the season starting, it'd be no earlier than training camp.

Edited by Neb00rs
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

I don't have any idea where the Hall talks stand but I do know that he hasn't spent a day in NJ since early June. I imagine if they are going to announce such a monumental signing for the franchise, they'd do it with Hall there in person. So, I'm speculating here big time, but I'd guess that if a deal was going to happen prior to the season starting, it'd be no earlier than training camp.

This does make all the sense in the world, especially since he's signed for this season anyway. But if it's not announced by the second or third week of the month, I don't think it's happening

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Another couple of weeks and he can pack his sh!t. And this is why. Every week that goes by, what are we talking about? This sh!t. Trade his ass if he doesn’t put pen to paper in the next couple of weeks, enough.

yeah i will never ever understand why it was said it was a distraction to talk contract during the season. It's a WAY bigger distraction to have a dark cloud like this over the team during the season when a top player need to be re-signed and having players, coaches and the GM having to answer questions about it vaguely every week for months. Then trade rumours are coming out like crazy and it's taking a toll on everyone involved

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

Then trade rumours are coming out like crazy and it's taking a toll on everyone involved

What evidence do you have that it’s taking a toll on anyone involved? As far asI can tell, the only people upset are impatient fans, who are not involved at all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

What evidence do you have that it’s taking a toll on anyone involved? As far asI can tell, the only people upset are impatient fans, who are not involved at all. 

I feel like it has been something noted on other teams, no supporting documentation from me though. Too lazy to google on my phone

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

What evidence do you have that it’s taking a toll on anyone involved? As far asI can tell, the only people upset are impatient fans, who are not involved at all. 

Let's hear it from one of the best player on earth.

"I don't think you can get caught up in the chatter too much, but I think it's definitely tough, especially when you are talking about guys who have been involved with the team for a really long time," Crosby said. "It's not easy to hear those rumors, but that being said, we all have to be professional about it and find a way to make sure we're ready and we're better next year."

I mean, did i really have to provide anything? It's only common sense. Put yourself in their shoes. You become really close in a locker room and to hear rumours / reporters constantly asking you about rumours or your teammate  and possibly a close friend potentially leaving the team or wtv. It's going to affect you. They are not emotionless robots.

I remember Parise saying somewhere that the Langenbrunner trade bothered him quite a bit. It was well known he was really close to Jamie

Edited by SterioDesign
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Let's hear it from one of the best player on earth.

"I don't think you can get caught up in the chatter too much, but I think it's definitely tough, especially when you are talking about guys who have been involved with the team for a really long time," Crosby said. "It's not easy to hear those rumors, but that being said, we all have to be professional about it and find a way to make sure we're ready and we're better next year."

I mean, did i really have to provide anything? It's only common sense. Put yourself in their shoes. You become really close in a locker room and to hear rumours / reporters constantly asking you about rumours or your teammate  and possibly a close friend potentially leaving the team or wtv. It's going to affect you. They are not emotionless robots.

I remember Parise saying somewhere that the Langenbrunner trade bothered him quite a bit. It was well known he was really close to Jamie

Sure, if you’re speaking in generalities, that makes sense. I mean, to some extent, that’s always part of the game, granted it’s not always such a high profile player. 

But to some extent, Taylor is bringing it on himself. I believe if he wanted to sign, a deal would be done. So maybe it is taking a toll on him, but it’s his own doing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Sure, if you’re speaking in generalities, that makes sense. I mean, to some extent, that’s always part of the game, granted it’s not always such a high profile player. 

But to some extent, Taylor is bringing it on himself. I believe if he wanted to sign, a deal would be done. So maybe it is taking a toll on him, but it’s his own doing. 

Taylor is our best player and a leader in the group. We all saw how much all the players love him. You don't think it could affect them to know he possibly has a foot out of the door? 

Edited by SterioDesign
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Parise had a foot out the door and that team was 2 games away from a Cup. 

There are reports he was talking to Suter about their plans while the playoffs were still going on.

Yes and we didn't win the cup. Seeeeeeeeee

obviously Bernier took that major penalty out of spite

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Parise had a foot out the door and that team was 2 games away from a Cup. 

There are reports he was talking to Suter about their plans while the playoffs were still going on.

good point. I think the notion that Taylor Hall's contract status will hamper and distract the whole team is overblown.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Taylor is our best player and a leader in the group. We all saw how much all the players love him. You don't think it could affect them to know he possibly has a foot out of the door? 

It could. Or it could not. All I wanted to know was whether you had any actual examples of it being true. You don’t, just speculation. You’re probably right, but I was making sure I hadn’t missed something. 

 

45 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Parise had a foot out the door and that team was 2 games away from a Cup. 

There are reports he was talking to Suter about their plans while the playoffs were still going on.

48666645483_efd1658c2e_b.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 9:27 PM, Neb00rs said:

How many guys won the league MVP two years ago?

Artemi Panarin just fetched 11.6M/7 on what is widely known to be a discounted deal to play in NYC. Erik Karlsson, who's contract also starts in his age 29 year and who is coming off a season where he had health issues, got 11.5M over 8 years.  One year ago John Tavares took a discount to sign with the Leafs at 11M/7. Outside of state tax-free states, 10M hasn't been the going rate for superstar players for a few years now. With all that said, if you think 11M is somehow not market rate for Taylor Hall, you're simply denying reality. Maybe, just maybe the Devils convince Hall to sign at 10.5M/8. That's the low end.

If you're point here is "Well, he's not nearly as good as McDavid, well, McDavid signed for 12.5M two years ago, well above what I predicted Hall would sign for.

Yeah, I hear what you're saying, and I suppose on some level I'm discounting inflation a bit, but I don't know that it goes up all that much in that short amount of time.  Also, if so many guys around the league are taking discounts, what would make Hall not join them and do the same thing?  Is it because Tavares had a lifelong dream' to play in Toronto where he grew up?  And Panarin to play in the 'bright lights'?  If that's what you're thinking, then that's fair to a degree, and while Newark may not be exactly the same as NYC, and it might not be where Hall was born and his dream of playing here as a kid, it's still close to the NYC area and has a lot to offer on its own, and Hall has had his life established here for a few years now, so it's not out of the question that he takes a discount to stay just like the other guys did in their respective cities.

There are also plenty of other guys in sports who take discounts for the sake of being able to spread the money around to the rest of their team because they value winning more than their own individual paycheck - best example is Tom Brady.  Guy has routinely taken large discounts so that his GM could have more money to bolster his offensive line and be able to protect him better.  We don't know if Taylor Hall thinks along those same lines, but it's reasonable to think that he may, and you could pretty easily make the argument that that would be the smarter move.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Yeah, I hear what you're saying, and I suppose on some level I'm discounting inflation a bit, but I don't know that it goes up all that much in that short amount of time.  Also, if so many guys around the league are taking discounts, what would make Hall not join them and do the same thing?  Is it because Tavares had a lifelong dream' to play in Toronto where he grew up?  And Panarin to play in the 'bright lights'?  If that's what you're thinking, then that's fair to a degree, and while Newark may not be exactly the same as NYC, and it might not be where Hall was born and his dream of playing here as a kid, it's still close to the NYC area and has a lot to offer on its own, and Hall has had his life established here for a few years now, so it's not out of the question that he takes a discount to stay just like the other guys did in their respective cities.

There are also plenty of other guys in sports who take discounts for the sake of being able to spread the money around to the rest of their team because they value winning more than their own individual paycheck - best example is Tom Brady.  Guy has routinely taken large discounts so that his GM could have more money to bolster his offensive line and be able to protect him better.  We don't know if Taylor Hall thinks along those same lines, but it's reasonable to think that he may, and you could pretty easily make the argument that that would be the smarter move.

Tom Brady wins tons of championships and the NFL is super popular. He probably makes up for taking less on the payroll through achievement bonuses and endorsements etc. Most hockey players don't get those opportunities. They don't even pick hockey players to put on those sh!tty insurance commercials with retired athletes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Tom Brady wins tons of championships and the NFL is super popular. He probably makes up for taking less on the payroll through achievement bonuses and endorsements etc. Most hockey players don't get those opportunities. They don't even pick hockey players to put on those sh!tty insurance commercials with retired athletes. 

hm.. guess you've never seen martys rental car commercial..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Tom Brady wins tons of championships and the NFL is super popular. He probably makes up for taking less on the payroll through achievement bonuses and endorsements etc. Most hockey players don't get those opportunities. They don't even pick hockey players to put on those sh!tty insurance commercials with retired athletes. 

Brady’s wife is worth a boatload. He can afford to take a team discount. 

Also, how dare you forget about Marty’s Enterprise commercials lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Tom Brady wins tons of championships and the NFL is super popular. He probably makes up for taking less on the payroll through achievement bonuses and endorsements etc. Most hockey players don't get those opportunities. They don't even pick hockey players to put on those sh!tty insurance commercials with retired athletes. 

Not the same, because Brady still makes a ton of salary. His career earnings are over $220 million. He’s not exactly relying on his wife being “worth a boatload”, and no hockey player will ever make that much money. 

Could he have made more? Sure. I guess it’s relative. But it’s easier to pass up a couple million when you crap solid gold bars already. 

Edited by mfitz804
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

hm.. guess you've never seen martys rental car commercial..

Marty is considered the best Goalie of all time by a lot of people. I don't think Hall gets on that level to land that kind of national level commercial deal. You ever see really good players getting those chances? Granted, Hall's career isnt over yet but I am just trying to point out the difference. Tom Brady's national level endorsement deal for Levis (or something) vs Cory Schneider's deal for a tri-area bank aren't comparable to me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.