Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

21 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I am thinking a high pick and maybe a decent prospect and that's about it.  I really do not see a big return for him.

I mean, assuming the discussions start early enough and Hall can be immediately convinced to sign an extension with the team we ship him to.. look at what the Sens got for Mark Stone.

A+ prospect, 2nd, roster player.  if worse comes to worst and Hall wants out.. that's not a bad return to shoot for.

And you can bet* there will be a hell of a lot of interest for a guy like Hall if he proves he's healthy.

Edited by Devilsfan118

3 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I mean, assuming the discussions start early enough and Hall can be immediately convinced to sign an extension with the team we ship him to.. look at what the Sens got for Mark Stone.

A+ prospect, 2nd, roster player.  if worse comes to worst and Hall wants out.. that's not a bad return to shoot for.

And you can be there will be a hell of a lot of interest for a guy like Hall if he proves he's healthy.

That's probably close.  However, I think a lot of people are expecting a Laine as the return for Taylor Hall when it will be more parts/picks than an actual bona-fide stud coming back.

5 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Yeah, that would be a decent return. And you get the added intangible of ending the "distraction", to whatever extent there is one. 

• Like 1

On 9/21/2019 at 9:23 AM, Devil Dan 56 said:

If we are scrutinizing Harris drinking water, we've officially hit maximum tea-leaves-reading status. 

Well if someone has a connection with goats I’ve got an entrail-reading guy.  You don’t want to know.... 

https://www.tsn.ca/video/insider-trading-will-point-s-deal-lead-to-other-rfa-s-signing-quickly~1787114

Darren Dreger:
"Taylor Hall's agent, Darren Ferris, met with the GM of the New Jersey Devils, Ray Shero, over the weekend and it sounds like they're making some traction there. Now, you have to keep in mind Taylor Hall is coming off a significant injury; he loved the way he was treated by the Devils organization, very professional from start to finish. He likes what Shero has done and the changes he has made to the lineup of the New Jersey Devils, so it's one of those situations: it could get done sooner than later, which is saying a lot, considering he's in the final year of his contract."

Edited by CommonDreads
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

https://www.tsn.ca/video/insider-trading-will-point-s-deal-lead-to-other-rfa-s-signing-quickly~1787114

Darren Dreger:
"Taylor Hall's agent, Darren Ferris, met with the GM of the New Jersey Devils, Ray Shero, over the weekend and it sounds like they're making some traction there. Now, you have to keep in mind Taylor Hall is coming off a significant injury. he loved the way he was treated by the Devils organization, very professional from start to finish. He likes what Shero has done and the changes he has made to the lineup of the New Jersey Devils, so it's one of those situations: it could get done sooner than later, which is saying a lot, considering he's in the final year of his contract."

Just listened to this - this sounds extremely encouraging compared to that ESPN article from this morning.

So... Do I let myself get hyped up again?

38 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I’m honestly 50/50 at this point. 

This morning was what I expected: he wants to play for a contender.

Tonight though has me believing, and it scares me, especially with how my luck has been this past week minus the Giants pulling a rabbit out of their asses this weekend.

Maybe it’s cause I wore my Devils’ Reebok shirt running for the first time in weeks, that good things are happening 😉

Edited by jagknife

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Just listened to this - this sounds extremely encouraging compared to that ESPN article from this morning.

So... Do I let myself get hyped up again?

I say just let things play out.  I can’t do the “He’s staying!  He’s leaving!  He smiled after that last goal, so he’s happy here!  Oh, he said ‘they’ instead of ‘we’, he’s got one foot out the door!” thing.  

12 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I say just let things play out.  I can’t do the “He’s staying!  He’s leaving!  He smiled after that last goal, so he’s happy here!  Oh, he said ‘they’ instead of ‘we’, he’s got one foot out the door!” thing.  

You aren’t willing to make ridiculous speculations with zero basis in fact?

I’m reporting this thread. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, CommonDreads said:

Darren Dreger:
"Taylor Hall's agent, Darren Ferris, met with the GM of the New Jersey Devils, Ray Shero, over the weekend and it sounds like they're making some traction there. Now, you have to keep in mind Taylor Hall is coming off a significant injury; he loved the way he was treated by the Devils organization, very professional from start to finish. He likes what Shero has done and the changes he has made to the lineup of the New Jersey Devils, so it's one of those situations: it could get done sooner than later, which is saying a lot, considering he's in the final year of his contract."

The evolution of how this story has unfolded in the media follows a similar pattern to how the PK Subban trade and Nikita Gusev signing played out, it looks like Shero's M.O. is all about timing, and marketing. I think they're going to announce his extension next week, and it'll be timed to be a huge lift to the locker room in a big way just ahead of the home opener. I think this was always the plan, and they probably left off not all too far apart a few months back when they were all pretty laidback about negotiations; with the plan being to lock it up the week before the season.

Edit: obviously not getting excited for one thing or another, just noticing a pattern with how Ray works the media around these big moves of the last couple years. He's not exactly tell-all, but he's not exactly Lou either. They've shown a pattern of teasing little bits of the story over time, and then you start to hear people like Matt Loughlin or Amanda Stein tweet hypothetically about it, and it's a wrap.

Edited by DJ Eco
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DJ Eco said:

The evolution of how this story has unfolded in the media follows a similar pattern to how the PK Subban trade and Nikita Gusev signing played out, it looks like Shero's M.O. is all about timing, and marketing. I think they're going to announce his extension next week, and it'll be timed to be a huge lift to the locker room in a big way just ahead of the home opener. I think this was always the plan, and they probably left off not all too far apart a few months back when they were all pretty laidback about negotiations; with the plan being to lock it up the week before the season.

How's this for a stupid fan-service scenario (and I apologize if this has been mentioned before):

Opening night.  Pre-game ceremony.  They start bringing players out one by one to applause.  They announce "#8 - Will Butcher"; he skates out and the crowd cheers.. but they're really hyped to welcome Hall back.  Let's be real. 

They then immediately announce "#13 - Nico Hischier"; the crowd is perplexed.  Did Hall mysteriously get hurt?  What happened?  Why isn't he dressing?

They progress through the rest of the roster, and finally after Gusuv is announced they begin to welcome the alternate captains.. including Andy Greene.  At this point the crowd starts to put 2 and 2 together.

Lastly, finally, they introduce and announce "Your new captain, with an 8 year contract extension, #9... Taylor Hall".  He skates out, the crowd goes absolutely fvcking BANANAS.

I realize this is borderline fanfic but.. can you imagine.  Oh man. 

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I keep coming back to Hall's words about how much he likes the hype machine and "pageantry" of the NBA, and how our owners gave him a peek behind the scenes of the 76ers during the playoffs, something he really enjoyed being part of. He's talked so much about how that league is marketed, and how he wishes the NHL could try and do similar. The Hughes pick was marketed tremendously by our team, then we go and get PK Subban (which Hall signed off on). I know I'm looking too far into it, as far as contract negotiations go, but this is a Devils team that grabs headlines, Hall is starting to see that now, and I think he likes it. Wrapping this up the week before the season starts is exactly in line with "the show," and grabbing the headlines to hopefully ride some positive momentum into a strong start. Just my thoughts...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

How's this for a stupid fan-service scenario (and I apologize if this has been mentioned before):

Opening night.  Pre-game ceremony.  They start bringing players out one by one to applause.  They announce "#8 - Will Butcher"; he skates out and the crowd cheers.. but they're really hyped to welcome Hall back.  Let's be real. 

They then immediately announce "#13 - Nico Hischier"; the crowd is perplexed.  Did Hall mysteriously get hurt?  What happened?  Why isn't he dressing?

They progress through the rest of the roster, and finally after Gusuv is announced they begin to welcome the alternate captains.. including Andy Greene.  At this point the crowd starts to put 2 and 2 together.

Lastly, finally, they introduce and announce "Your new captain, with an 8 year contract extension, #9... Taylor Hall".  He skates out, the crowd goes absolutely fvcking BANANAS.

Would it ever happen that way?  No.

Would it be an absolute blast if it ever did?  Oh yeah. 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

If that was the case, and he has a contract extension, this would be me watching out here:

11A83868-9396-42C5-AEE6-B80016E71DEB.jpeg

• Haha 1

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-thoughts-brayden-points-contract-impacts-rfa-market/

5. I think the Devils and Taylor Hall are underselling this a bit. They are trying to make a serious run at an extension.

7. Some of the teams looking for defencemen are considering Stanley Cup champion Joel Edmundson from St. Louis. He will earn $3.1 million, and become an unrestricted free agent on July 1. I think the Devils are trying to add a blueliner, but am not certain he’d be the one. I’m wondering if Winnipeg is there, too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DJ Eco said:

I keep coming back to Hall's words about how much he likes the hype machine and "pageantry" of the NBA, and how our owners gave him a peek behind the scenes of the 76ers during the playoffs, something he really enjoyed being part of. He's talked so much about how that league is marketed, and how he wishes the NHL could try and do similar. The Hughes pick was marketed tremendously by our team, then we go and get PK Subban (which Hall signed off on). I know I'm looking too far into it, as far as contract negotiations go, but this is a Devils team that grabs headlines, Hall is starting to see that now, and I think he likes it. Wrapping this up the week before the season starts is exactly in line with "the show," and grabbing the headlines to hopefully ride some positive momentum into a strong start. Just my thoughts...

I truly can't remember a time since 03 where this team was consistently talked about in NHL media circles like they are now. We have a real shot at becoming one of "the" teams, and the only thing that makes it sweeter is if we do execute right out of the gate and become a contender, you know Bettman is cringing in secret. 

• Like 2