Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

22 minutes ago, MB3 said:

We could’ve, but we aren’t connected like he is. And I’d never heard the whole “Hall was enamored  with how Tavares handled free agency” which is sort of like hearing “your wife is enamored with how her best friend handled her affair” 

https://thehockeywriters.com/hall-tavares-free-agency-changes/

I didn’t like Hall’s comments about it. But it is not like he said I am totally going to do the same thing.

Hopefully, neither did your hypothetical person’s wife.

3 hours ago, MB3 said:

It isn’t, that’s ridiculous and annoying hyperbole. My wife’s favorite soccer team; Coxa Blanca; had a terrible season ago. When the coach said the fans were acting like babies, the next home game he was pelted with soiled diapers. The field was covered in feces; mostly from a baby but I can guarantee all of those fans didn’t have children. That’s not an example of paranoia; but it’s definitely an example of the extremes that sports fanbases take that we’re not even close to. 

im active on a Yankees subreddit; the team is in a tough series against a historically good Houston Astros team and you’d think we were Mets fans. Every single base hit is evidence that Cashman should be fired; every strikeout is proof that Judge is a one-season wonder; every Saturday afternoon loss to the blue Jays is evidence the Yankees will never win another pennant. 

You’re familiar with devils fans so you just assume we’re the worst.

we’re not, stop. 

I never said we were the worst- I love us. But we’re paranoid as fvck. I don’t think it’s hyperbole to say that.

I can't see Hall wanting to go back to Edmonton.  They're better than they were when he was traded, but not much, and he's already experienced the team and the city.  I believe he'll re-sign here in NJ, but if not, I imagine he would want to try a new team/atmosphere rather than go back to a place he's already been and didn't have much success.

3 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I can't see Hall wanting to go back to Edmonton.  They're better than they were when he was traded, but not much, and he's already experienced the team and the city.  I believe he'll re-sign here in NJ, but if not, I imagine he would want to try a new team/atmosphere rather than go back to a place he's already been and didn't have much success.

He’s not going back there. He seems to like going to NBA, NFL games, and other social things he couldn’t do in Edmonton. 

I personally don’t think he re-signs, and will end up being traded. If he goes somewhere he doesn’t want to stay my first guess for a possible destination would be Colorado. I think he’d love to play in Toronto, but they probably can’t afford him. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

He’s not going back there. He seems to like going to NBA, NFL games, and other social things he couldn’t do in Edmonton. 

I personally don’t think he re-signs, and will end up being traded. If he goes somewhere he doesn’t want to stay my first guess for a possible destination would be Colorado. I think he’d love to play in Toronto, but they probably can’t afford him. 

I recently wrote something very similar about him going to Colorado.  To me that makes the most sense in his mind (if I had to guess).  Colorado greatly improved their team, young team, great record, will prob be a guaranteed playoff team and will be so for the coming years.  This gives him the best chance at a cup. Unfortunately for the Devils this is gonna set them back a number of years (really getting tired of waiting) but I’m sure he sees they’re not near ready for any kind of playoff run.  Sucks but that’s how I see it.

17 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

I recently wrote something very similar about him going to Colorado.  To me that makes the most sense in his mind (if I had to guess).  Colorado greatly improved their team, young team, great record, will prob be a guaranteed playoff team and will be so for the coming years.  This gives him the best chance at a cup. Unfortunately for the Devils this is gonna set them back a number of years (really getting tired of waiting) but I’m sure he sees they’re not near ready for any kind of playoff run.  Sucks but that’s how I see it.

If the team that played the last two games shows up every damn night, they'll be competitive and in the hunt for the WC spots, but that HAVE to get consistent efforts.

Personally, I don't know what to think of the Hallsy situation, but Edmonton shouldn't be the answer for him. I think we're still at 50-50 staying versus going, but like its been said a bunch already, if he's leaning towards going, we have to move on sooner rather than later and recoup some assets for him.

At this point I think they should try for an offense minded defenseman, Subban can’t do it by himself.  Desperately need another D-man or two.  Either that or you def need another solid goalie, Schneider is as good as done.  To me he’s not even a reliable backup.  Need two solid goalies and Schneider is anything but.  They should look to deal Hall while teams are still willing to provide a return.  Just how I feel.  Do you disagree with any or all of what I wrote?

16 minutes ago, MB3 said:

The Devils have plenty of guys who are seemingly capable of moving the puck. They need a shut-down, bonifide first pairing defenseman. Those don't grow on trees and they rarely are available via free agency, so you have to either hope Ty Smith turns into that or wonder if Shero can trade something flashy for something necessary.

That's how we got Hall in the first place...  just Larsson didn't pan out how Peter Chiarelli thought it would (to no ones surprise).    The only difference now, is there is no term left on Hall's deal; so it's less silly to trade him verse losing him for nothing.
I remain in the camp, that we try our best to re-sign him...  but if we can't, we must trade him.    That's always been my position, for every UFA we've ever had (GOMEZ!!!), no matter our playoff position; unless the returns are sh!t.

I like acquiring rentals for 2nds/3rds etc...  but if you want to pay me a 1st +  for my own rental;  he's yours...  and I'll just grab a lesser talent and treat it as an injury. 

12 hours ago, ajsgolf said:

Plus Hall said Mackinnon is the player he likes to watch play the most in the league. So obviously he'd love to play with him

21 hours ago, ajsgolf said:

At this point I think they should try for an offense minded defenseman, Subban can’t do it by himself.  Desperately need another D-man or two.  Either that or you def need another solid goalie, Schneider is as good as done.  To me he’s not even a reliable backup.  Need two solid goalies and Schneider is anything but.  They should look to deal Hall while teams are still willing to provide a return.  Just how I feel.  Do you disagree with any or all of what I wrote?

I think Hall is a player teams have to make "room for" if they really want him.  Shero wants best return, and the only way he'll get that is team that trades for him AND signs him. If Hall isn't willing to sign (where he's traded), we won't get a decent return. I think we have P moving defensemen other than PK (Sami/Butcher/Smith) I think we need a solid stay @ home D men. I don't think we've seen enough of Schneider this season, but feeling pretty comfy with Blackie.  

1 hour ago, aylbert said:

I'd target Hampus Lindholm...  ideally Cam Fowler; but NMC?

32 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Slavin looks pretty attractive.

If we gotta go outside the conference, then Lindholm.

He's Swedish, Hynes wouldn't let him play. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Ya I don't like any of those Dmen without NTC for a player like Hall.  We could have had Dehaan if we outbid the islanders Hurricanes for nothing sadly.  I remember really wanting him at the time.

DeHaan wanted to be in Carolina. He and his wife visit and liked it a lot and I think he took less money to go there, then they traded him to Chicago. I'm pretty sure he is somewhat salty about that given that he chose Carolina and then they traded him 1 year into a 4yr deal.