Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

1 minute ago, Devs3cups said:

I was saying that between Caufield, Byram and Gaudreau, Caufield seemed like the most likely scenario, even if it's unlikely lol. 

I wouldn’t mind but that dude is tiny. Does a Caufield-Hughes line translate to the NHL?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bahl is obviously the most intriguing of the three prospects coming back. 6'6", 230 lb left shot defenseman that's going to be playing with Ty Smith on Team Canada at the World Juniors in a couple wee

So Taylor Hall admitted in his recent interview after playing PUBG that he “definitely” recognizes some of the same fans in the building every game.  And you guys laughed at me for wearing assles

Posted Images

Just now, Devs3cups said:

I was saying that between Caufield, Byram and Gaudreau, Caufield seemed like the most likely scenario, even if it's unlikely lol. 

Idk how likely it is, but Montreal is definitely one of the teams I’ve heard mentioned a lot that could be a possible landing spot for Hall. Mostly speculation though, for whatever that’s worth. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Idk how likely it is, but Montreal is definitely one of the teams I’ve heard mentioned a lot that could be a possible landing spot for Hall. Mostly speculation though, for whatever that’s worth. 

Do they trade their top pick from last year’s draft who had like 72 goals for the US national team in 64 games? I don’t feel like you look to move that guy for Hall, especially with his injury issues and newfound ability to completely slay the posts and crossbar. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Do they trade their top pick from last year’s draft who had like 72 goals for the US national team in 64 games? I don’t feel like you look to move that guy for Hall, especially with his injury issues and newfound ability to completely slay the posts and crossbar. 

Who knows. As bad as Hall’s been this season he’s still putting up a decent amount of points. And that’s on a terrible team. A star player who just won an MVP 2 years ago (who would probably re-sign with them being a Canadian team, and having a history of making the playoffs a lot) might be enough to get it done. 

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

MTL is not gambling sending such a huge asset... to get a rental when they are not even making the playoffs... with no guarantee to re-sign him in the summer... makes no sense at all

• Like 3
Just now, SterioDesign said:

MTL is not gambling sending such a huge asset... to get a rental when they are not even making the playoffs... with no guarantee to re-sign him in the summer... makes no sense at all

Bergevin seems to exist to do things that make no sense.  That's what you have to hope for anyway.

19 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

But he’s a really small asset :P

Every day Ray doesn't execute this trade is a chance for a historically brittle player to get hurt. Get the bids in, evaluate and make a decision. Is there any downside to just announce you are going to trade him and just bench him at this point to prevent injury? Don't think the "well we'll just keep him" leverage/bluff really applies when everyone can smell the BS...

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

And by the way, if it is necessary to get the asset we need in a Hall trade, I would absolutely add Gusev to the deal.  He's signed for only one more year and is absolutely the last thing a rebuilding team needs.

I disagree wholeheartedly. After starting the season as a liability defensively he's honestly become one of our better players overall.

1 minute ago, NewarkDevil5 said:

I disagree wholeheartedly. After starting the season as a liability defensively he's honestly become one of our better players overall.

Gusev is only useful to us if we were a team that could compete and we won't be this year and very likely won't be next year.  After that, there's no way he's on the team anyway. 

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

Gusev is only useful to us if we were a team that could compete and we won't be this year and very likely won't be next year.  After that, there's no way he's on the team anyway. 

I really don't understand your logic here. Is it because you think we'll lose him to free agency by the time we're competitive? We do need to ice some semblance of a hockey team in the interim. I don't think this is a Stanley Cup contender by any stretch with any coach as it stands with or without Hall and with most coaches, but once a real coach is in place this team has quite a bit of talent without Hall.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Daniel said:

And by the way, if it is necessary to get the asset we need in a Hall trade, I would absolutely add Gusev to the deal.  He's signed for only one more year and is absolutely the last thing a rebuilding team needs.

We are not going into full rebuild mode again, there has been a down swing in the process, but we have most of the parts. 

We are a good head coach, a decent D man and a goaltending combo that aren't terrible away from being in contention IMO for the playoffs. 

4 minutes ago, NewarkDevil5 said:

I really don't understand your logic here. Is it because you think we'll lose him to free agency by the time we're competitive? We do need to ice some semblance of a hockey team in the interim. I don't think this is a Stanley Cup contender by any stretch with any coach as it stands with or without Hall and with most coaches, but once a real coach is in place this team has quite a bit of talent without Hall.

He's a UFA after next year.  He is definitely of no use to the team this year and at the absolute most he's a key guy who helps some miracle turn around next year that gets us into the playoffs and again that is the absolute best case but highly unrealistic scenario.  If adding Gusev is what it takes to get Byram, you do it. 

1 minute ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

We are not going into full rebuild mode again, there has been a down swing in the process, but we have most of the parts. 

We are a good head coach, a decent D man and a goaltending combo that aren't terrible away from being in contention IMO for the playoffs. 

See the thread I created.  We are entering into Rebuild 2.0.  If Gusev is what you need to add to a Hall trade to get a truly A asset like a Bowen Byram, it's a no brainer. 

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

See the thread I created.  We are entering into Rebuild 2.0.  If Gusev is what you need to add to a Hall trade to get a truly A asset like a Bowen Byram, it's a no brainer. 

I don't agree that this is a new rebuild. From what we had when Ray came in we are miles ahead. This is a continuation of the process already under way. 

And of course if someone is willing to offer you a real top prospect in a deal or another high first or something then yeah you consider Goose in that but the team shouldn't be in a mode where they are looking for picks and prospects down the line just yet.

The team needs to be kept competitive now. As has been alluded to before a losing culture develops if a team keeps losing.  We need players to across the roster to at least make us competitive.

2 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I don't agree that this is a new rebuild. From what we had when Ray came in we are miles ahead. This is a continuation of the process already under way. 

And of course if someone is willing to offer you a real top prospect in a deal or another high first or something then yeah you consider Goose in that but the team shouldn't be in a mode where they are looking for picks and prospects down the line just yet.

The team needs to be kept competitive now. As has been alluded to before a losing culture develops if a team keeps losing.  We need players to across the roster to at least make us competitive.

At this point, what Rays says counts for very little.

Before the season is over Hall, Vatanen and Simmonds definitely will not be on the roster.  We have no idea what Subban is anymore.  Even if we end up with Byfield or Lefrennier, we are a lot worse than pretty much every team in the division.  A team like that has no need to hold onto a player like Gusev in the last year of his deal.

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

At this point, what Rays says counts for very little.

Before the season is over Hall, Vatanen and Simmonds definitely will not be on the roster.  We have no idea what Subban is anymore.  Even if we end up with Byfield or Lefrennier, we are a lot worse than pretty much every team in the division.  A team like that has no need to hold onto a player like Gusev in the last year of his deal.

If anything, Gusev would be unloaded at the trade deadline next season, or possibly the 2020 draft. It doesn't make much sense to unload him now, and I doubt someone is going to want to take on a potential 15 million plus in salary assuming they plan to re-sign Hall next season somewhere in the 10-12 million range. 

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

As far as a rebuild goes, we're still waiting to know this. To me, Ray's most important quote yesterday was:

'Obviously, change brings opportunity, not only for Alain Nasreddine, but for our players. This is an opportunity for them and to find out where we are and where we are going to go.”

This says to me that Ray indeed is going to give it a few weeks to determine whether or not independent of the coaching variable, the players still suck.

The minute we'll know "Rebuild 2.0" is in effect, is if Shero trades Hall for an A prospect and a pick. That says that the Devils are looking ahead a few years into the future and should trade away their players. And yes, they should trade Gusev if they get a good offer for him, why not? We don't really know what the long-term trajectory of Gusev is and if they lose Hall for a prospect they're unlikely to be good next year anyway.

On the other hand, if Shero trades Hall for an established NHL player that's maybe not quite as good as Hall but still good (and of course a pick would come our way as well), then he's probably looking to play for the playoffs as soon as next year. This situation would probably mean the Devils keep Gusev and whoever else they can.

Edited by Neb00rs
4 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

The minute we'll know "Rebuild 2.0" is in effect, is if Shero trades Hall for an A prospect and a pick. That says that the Devils are looking ahead a few years into the future and should trade away their players. And yes, they should trade Gusev if they get a good offer for him, why not? We don't really know what the long-term trajectory of Gusev is and if they lose Hall for a prospect they're unlikely to be good next year anyway.

Ehh, calling it Rebuild 2.0 means that we finished the first one. We're still rebuilding as far as I am concerned.

To the extent that we thought Hall was part of the plan, and if traded he no longer is, then yes, I guess it's 2.0. However, if we took Adam Larsson and turn him into a true A+, maybe its just a long term part of 1.0. 

I don't know. Fvck hockey, too much stress. 

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

If anything, Gusev would be unloaded at the trade deadline next season, or possibly the 2020 draft. It doesn't make much sense to unload him now, and I doubt someone is going to want to take on a potential 15 million plus in salary assuming they plan to re-sign Hall next season somewhere in the 10-12 million range. 

Devils can easily retain the maximum of Gusev's salary if necessary.

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Devils can easily retain the maximum of Gusev's salary if necessary.

He's also worth more under contract than as a rental, but maybe keeping him around would benefit player development. He's got a great offensive mind.