Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

6 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

He's also worth more under contract than as a rental, but maybe keeping him around would benefit player development. He's got a great offensive mind. 

Again, if he's what it takes to land someone like Byram instead of magic beans, I'll leave it to coaches to do their job and develop our players.  Maybe Ray can get that part right for once.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bahl is obviously the most intriguing of the three prospects coming back. 6'6", 230 lb left shot defenseman that's going to be playing with Ty Smith on Team Canada at the World Juniors in a couple wee

So Taylor Hall admitted in his recent interview after playing PUBG that he “definitely” recognizes some of the same fans in the building every game.  And you guys laughed at me for wearing assles

Posted Images

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-thoughts-code-conduct-coming-nhl/

This what Friedman says is going on:

7. The Taylor Hall trade talks have intensified, but that doesn’t mean it’s going to happen at this time.

“He’s trying,” another GM said of Shero.

The Devils have made it clear they want first-rounders (although they are willing to discuss conditional situations, depending on the acquiring team’s ability to re-sign Hall or playoff results) and/or high-level prospects who are ready to play. They badly need defence, which is why there’s a lot of focus on Colorado as the perfect trade partner. The Avalanche have plenty of defensive prospects and think they can win. Several teams believe Arizona is making a serious effort. Hall is what they need, too. It’s believed Dallas and St. Louis are among other pursuers.

8. I do think Edmonton’s interested, but there’s a limit. I’m not convinced the Oilers will pay what New Jersey wants.

I guess from St. Louis, the only realistic target would be Dunn.  Don't think Kyrou or Klostin move the needle very much.

Dallas has Harley whose a big left handed D who puts up points.

If it's Colorado, I'm still saying Byram or bust.

9 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I'm not sure if ownership would agree. They are already paying Schneider to play in the AHL, plus Subban. 

Now that they won't be paying Hall $11 million a year for the next 8 years, they can afford to pay Gusev $2.2 million to play somewhere else next year if they're getting something good in return. 

They also won't be paying Andy Greene and Vatanen a collective $10 million next year.  It's quite possible that next year they're close to being a floor team. 

Also in Elliotte Friedman's dirty one thoughts: 

10. Another Devil on the block is Miles Wood. He has two more years at a $2.75-million AAV, but isn’t as aggressive or edgy as he’s been in the past. Hopefully he gets back there, I liked his game.

10. Another Devil on the block is Miles Wood. He has two more years at a $2.75-million AAV, but isn’t as aggressive or edgy as he’s been in the past. Hopefully he gets back there, I liked his game.

Me too, Elliotte. Me too.
1 minute ago, Crisis said:
5 minutes ago, JohnnyP. said:

Me too, Elliotte. Me too.

Looks like a guy that is content having got his payday.

12 hours ago, JohnnyP. said:

I'm curious how this guy knows who's on the "block".  There isn't a formalized 'list' that GMs have that they're routinely adding and removing players from...

I'd much rather him say "Sources have told me that GM Ray Shero is shopping Miles Wood around", and list those sources.

43 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I'm curious how this guy knows who's on the "block".  There isn't a formalized 'list' that GMs have that they're routinely adding and removing players from...

I'd much rather him say "Sources have told me that GM Ray Shero is shopping Miles Wood around", and list those sources.

He's not going to list his sources -- that's not how it works. Friedman has earned enough of a solid reputation that his sources are real. 

And I don't think there's such a thing as a "block" like you're thinking of it in a video game. Saying 'Ray Shero is shopping Miles Wood' is the same thing as saying with "Miles Wood is on the block."

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, MB3 said:

And I don't think there's such a thing as a "block" like you're thinking of it in a video game. Saying 'Ray Shero is shopping Miles Wood' is the same thing as saying with "Miles Wood is on the block."

Right, that's what I meant.  There isn't a 'list', so I am just curious how he would possibly know who is or isn't on GM's supposed trading block, outside of actually hearing it from the GM himself, a player's agent, or some other insider in and around the organization.

He's not going to list his sources -- that's not how it works. Friedman has earned enough of a solid reputation that his sources are real.

I suppose.  I don't really follow any writer or media type person, but I have heard of him.  Still, it would be nice to know, and we've seen other people list their sources, as it lends a level of credence to it - otherwise I would just as well consider it a rumor.  Perhaps a rumor with a high probability of coming true, but a rumor nonetheless.

Edited by NJDfan1711
12 minutes ago, HellOnICE said:

Everyone wants Bo from Colorado. 

I wonder to sweeten the deal to get THE guy - we include Butcher in on this deal. 

Hall/Butcher for Bo and 2nd rounder?

I don't know much about Bo, but if he's as good as people say, then I'd do that deal.  I used to like Butcher, but I feel like he's been largely invisible this year.  He doesn't do much on the PP like I thought he would, and he's not really been a shut-down d-man either, so as far as I'm concerned he's expendable.  Not sure that other teams will view him very highly though.  I guess the fact that he's young, inexpensive, and durable is attractive.

3 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

20191205_150838.thumb.jpg.4ef564dc472b67737493e93630ce96b7.jpg

This is getting exactly the sort of rough reaction from Canucks fans as you would expect. 

I understand wanting both of them to be considered untouchable, but let’s not pretend Hall is some scrub. We’ve seen Hall put a team on his back and win an MVP, and he’ll be in his prime for a handful of years to come. 

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I understand wanting both of them to be considered untouchable, but let’s not pretend Hall is some scrub. We’ve seen Hall put a team on his back and win an MVP, and he’ll be in his prime for a handful of years to come. 

I actually am uncertain about Taylor aging.

8 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

If I was a Vancouver fan and they traded either of those guys for Hall, I’d riot. And Vancouver fans know how to riot.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

One creative deal to get Byram might be something like: Hall, Wood and a 2021 unprotected first round pick if Colorado doesn't sign him to an extension.  Perhaps Colorado gives us the third they got from Toronto for this year.

18 minutes ago, Daniel said:

One creative deal to get Byram might be something like: Hall, Wood and a 2021 unprotected first round pick if Colorado doesn't sign him to an extension.  Perhaps Colorado gives us the third they got from Toronto for this year.

So you want to trade Hall, Wood, and OUR 2021 (unprotected) 1st to Colorado for Byram and a 3rd??????  You absolutely cannot be trading away our 1st in this deal.  The 2021 pick is probably a lottery pick.  I would have to think (hope) a better deal will be available to Shero than that.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Chuck the Duck said:

So you want to trade Hall, Wood, and OUR 2021 (unprotected) 1st to Colorado for Byram and a 3rd??????  You absolutely cannot be trading away our 1st in this deal.  The 2021 pick is probably a lottery pick.  I would have to think (hope) a better deal will be available to Shero than that.

If you think Byram is a future first pairing defenseman, absolutely that 2021 is worth it.

And by then, Ray Shero will be going into year 7 of his tenure here.  Lou was on the verge of winning a Cup by then after starting with just as big a mess.  If after everything Shero has had fallen in his lap and he’s still saying first round picks are needed by then, only the most deluded Shero fanboys or Lou haters could possibly think he should ever be a GM in the league again.

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Like you think he’s a vampire, or his frequent injuries?

The only vampire in the league is Valteri Filppula, which is totally a vampire name which I have mentioned previously. 

If you disagree, say his name with a "vampire accent" and you'll realize I am right. 

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

If I was a Vancouver fan and they traded either of those guys for Hall, I’d riot. And Vancouver fans know how to riot.

Of course, there's no way they are trading either of those guys for Taylor Hall. 

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The only vampire in the league is Valteri Filppula, which is totally a vampire name which I have mentioned previously. 

If you disagree, say his name with a "vampire accent" and you'll realize I am right. 

Of course, there's no way they are trading either of those guys for Taylor Hall. 

Ok yeah, this checks out.