Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

You understand the concept of showing alternative scenarios to make a point?  To spell it out.   I believe Schneider is not completely washed up and on a properly coached team, he should put up at least average numbers.  If that proposition is wrong, it is Shero's job to recognize that, and there happens to have been a goalie who was a free agent who is playing very well.  Since according to you the goaltending has nothing to do with the rest of the team and not much to do with John Hynes, that's something that the great Rejean should have figured out. 

An army of the best shrinks is needed to diagnose a syndrome where someone can hate a GM who brought home 3 Stanley Cups, 5 Stanley Cup appearances, 13 straight playoff appearances, etc. etc. yet can give every single excuse in the book for a GM who in his fifth year on the job has the team sitting in second to last place and will only be getting worse.

Can you explain the Rejean thing?

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

You understand the concept of showing alternative scenarios to make a point?  To spell it out.   I believe Schneider is not completely washed up and on a properly coached team, he should put up at least average numbers.  If that proposition is wrong, it is Shero's job to recognize that, and there happens to have been a goalie who was a free agent who is playing very well.  Since according to you the goaltending has nothing to do with the rest of the team and not much to do with John Hynes, that's something that the great Rejean should have figured out. 

An army of the best shrinks is needed to diagnose a syndrome where someone can hate a GM who brought home 3 Stanley Cups, 5 Stanley Cup appearances, 13 straight playoff appearances, etc. etc. yet can give every single excuse in the book for a GM who in his fifth year on the job has the team sitting in second to last place and will only be getting worse.

I don't hate Lou. I simply didn't see eye to eye with him on specific and systematic things he did, really black and white.

You're a whole other beast. You'll make sh!t up and twist everything to fit your narrative that Shero is not a good GM and doesn't know what he's doing.

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I don't hate Lou. I simply didn't see eye to eye with him on specific and systematic things he did, really black and white.

You're a whole other beast. You'll make sh!t up and twist everything to fit your narrative that Shero is not a good GM and doesn't know what he's doing.

My narrative is simple:

00F8CB6F-4C30-4DB7-B87B-F03FA2B8A17D.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Daniel said:

are we talking pee wee or mites?

Because otherwise this is the post of the day/week/month

2 minutes ago, titans04 said:

He can't stop beach balls in the AHL, I'd say that confirms he's beyond done at the NHL level. At some point it's not about pointing fingers at Hynes or Shero and this is the perfect case. He just blows now and I don't think there's a need for more proof.

I'd say it's an organizational thing.  It's a moot point really though.  Corey has been in Bingo for like two or three weeks now and the Devils still suck and all of the goalies are below .900. 

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

I'm serious.  I'm not saying .925.  If he got to play on the Isles, he'd be something like .915. 

i have largely stayed out of the fray on your critiques of shero but this is not the hill to die on brother.

i don't need spreadsheets or advanced stats to paint a picture. my eyes work just fine. he is absolutely finished. he has made it clear that while he's pretty much as healthy as he's going to get, he will never get his lateral movement back where it was and he has openly admitted that his confidence is pretty much shot. watching games, he was giving up weak and awful goals every game. he has no speed on his glove and his reliance to go down early has him getting beat high on the regular.

no matter how stout a current nhl defense is, they're still going to yield shots. the devils, by hynes design and as was actually affected, limited the high danger shots at a reasonable rate and cory still couldn't stop a puck to save his life. so while the defense as a whole was obviously not good, it doesn't turn even a league average goalie (which is like .905) into the worst goalie in the league by a huge margin.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

i have largely stayed out of the fray on your critiques of shero but this is not the hill to die on brother.

i don't need spreadsheets or advanced stats to paint a picture. my eyes work just fine. he is absolutely finished. he has made it clear that while he's pretty much as healthy as he's going to get, he will never get his lateral movement back where it was and he has openly admitted that his confidence is pretty much shot. watching games, he was giving up weak and awful goals every game. he has no speed on his glove and his reliance to go down early has him getting beat high on the regular.

no matter how stout a current nhl defense is, they're still going to yield shots. the devils, by hynes design and as was actually affected, limited the high danger shots at a reasonable rate and cory still couldn't stop a puck to save his life. so while the defense as a whole was obviously not good, it doesn't turn even a league average goalie (which is like .905) into the worst goalie in the league by a huge margin.

Every goalie who has played for the Devils since last year has been below .900.  And Schneider played well enough at the Worlds. 

The last I'll say on this and then this can go back to a Taylor Hall discussion.  This coaching staff is a degree of awful we're not used to seeing as Devils fans.  It's not for nothing that Shero let the only competent one go in Geoff Ward and replaced him with someone who has proven to be Coach Klein talking to his grandma with the phone disconnected terrible in Rick Kowalsky.  And I'd bet dollars to donuts that Ray didn't even want to fire Hynes, but that it was more of a mercy killing than anything else.  If he were at all interested in improving the team this year, it would not be meet new boss, same as the old boss. He would have hired a real coach, which I don't know if Ray Shero is capable of doing, but he's got one last opportunity to do it.

The bottom line, the entire team is underperforming.  The entire organization is underperforming.  It stands to reason this is to a great extent a product of coaching and it covers the numbers the goalies are putting up.  If I owned the team, and Rejean came to me with a head coach candidate with ties to the Pittsburgh AHL affiliate, I'm going Victor Maitland on him and throwing him out a glass window, but this time head first. 

4 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And when Colorado likely refuses...what's Plan B?  Obviously Shero will shop Hall around, but if the Avs' offer is the best one on the table and Byram isn't a part of it...does Ray have much choice here?   

Take the best offer. If Colorado’s ain’t the best offer, trade him somewhere else. I’m not letting Joe Sakic dictate the terms. You want Hall? You want your best shot at a Cup? Byram. I’m not interested in the magic beans. Otherwise, we’ll find a team that actually is interested in giving themselves their best opportunity to win a Cup, and is willing to pay the price to do it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, titans04 said:

He can't stop beach balls in the AHL, I'd say that confirms he's beyond done at the NHL level. At some point it's not about pointing fingers at Hynes or Shero and this is the perfect case. He just blows now and I don't think there's a need for more proof.

Ya, he was an athletic goalie and clearly injuries have ruined him.

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Take the best offer. If Colorado’s ain’t the best offer, trade him somewhere else. I’m not letting Joe Sakic dictate the terms. You want Hall? You want your best shot at a Cup? Byram. I’m not interested in the magic beans. Otherwise, we’ll find a team that actually is interested in giving themselves their best opportunity to win a Cup, and is willing to pay the price to do it.

You didn’t really answer the question...of course Shero will take the best offer.  I asked IF Colorado’s offer is the best one on the table even if Byram isn’t a part of it, do you take it?  I don’t see how you can’t.  

That’s why saying “Byram or bust” to me is kinda pointless...not that I don’t love your spirit.  Hopefully there’s enough good offers AND the Avs want Hall badly enough to actually part with Byram in a deal.  I just get the feeling that won’t happen.

49 minutes ago, Antiquated Colorado Rockie said:

Ya, he was an athletic goalie and clearly injuries have ruined him.

Mackenzie Blackwood is as big and athletic as they come and he can’t stop anything either.  Ben Bishop is big, not as athletic and a lot older and he stops the puck just fine.

Ray, you’ve got one last opportunity to get his right and get a real coach who isn’t your buddy and is not associated with the Penguins AHL team.  Cause right now, you are the absolute worst thing that ever happened to this organization.  And if Mike fvcking Yeo is in your plans you, everyone loosely involved in that decision, and every person who is close to you gets shot into the fvcking sun just to be on the safe side.

Sorry, I know I said I wouldn’t address this anymore, but seeing what a clown organization this has become makes me upset.

9 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

That’s why saying “Byram or bust” to me is kinda pointless...not that I don’t love your spirit.  Hopefully there’s enough good offers AND the Avs want Hall badly enough to actually part with Byram in a deal.  I just get the feeling that won’t happen.

I agree.

Wanna really win a cup, Sakic?

Hall + Vatanen for Byram, 2020 1st, conditional 2021 1st, and a 3rd. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

You didn’t really answer the question...of course Shero will take the best offer.  I asked IF Colorado’s offer is the best one on the table even if Byram isn’t a part of it, do you take it?  I don’t see how you can’t.  

If Joe Sakic isn’t willing to part with a player not on his roster who hasn’t played an NHL shift in exchange for even the chance to rent a Hart Trophy winner who will make them effective Cup favorites, then he isn’t doing his job. It all depends on how close he thinks they are. If he truly thinks they are a Taylor Hall away from a Cup and he still won’t make the deal, he’s committing franchise malpractice. If Bowen Byram is not in a Hall trade, it means Sakic doesn’t think they’re winning the Cup this year, with or without Hall. 

Edited by MadDog2020

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

If Joe Sakic isn’t willing to part with a player not on his roster who hasn’t played an NHL shift in exchange for even the chance to rent a Hart Trophy winner who will make them effective Cup favorites, then he isn’t doing his job. It all depends on how close he thinks they are. If he truly thinks they are a Taylor Hall away from a Cup and he still won’t make the deal, he’s committing franchise malpractice. 

And more importantly, Colorado doesn’t need Byram to be one of the best teams in hockey for the foreseeable future.  

Whatever the case, the one thing Rejean is supposed to be able to do well is wheel and deal.  If we get nothing that can help the team until at least 2022, which is what the Kaut and picks deal is, he’s completely useless as a GM.  Make me the GM and I can lose by design and use Corey Pronman’s rankings to make draft picks.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Daniel said:

And if Mike fvcking Yeo is in your plans you, everyone loosely involved in that decision, and every person who is close to you gets shot into the fvcking sun just to be on the safe side.

If Mike Yeo or Dan Bylsma ever so much as breathe near this team, it’ll be billboard/message plane time.

2FC063A2-9824-45B4-8CEF-191E7EE78D8C.gif

Edited by MadDog2020

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Where do I sign for that? I do that deal every day. 

Me too...I’d try to get them to take Nasreddine as well.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

If Mike Yeo Or Dan Bylsma ever so much as breathe near this team, it’ll be billboard/message plane time.

2FC063A2-9824-45B4-8CEF-191E7EE78D8C.gif

If you’re that dumb, planes and billboards won’t get through to you.  We need a go fund me to get about 50 people to hand out paper bag masks for every home game in front of every entrance.  

I fear I’ll be called out to test this theory.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Me too...I’d try to get them to take Nasreddine as well.  

They can take every coach in the organization and we could retain their salaries.  I’d say make them janitors, but janitors are honorable people that take pride in their work and perform a useful service, so I wouldn’t want to harm the Avalanche organization in such a way.

19 minutes ago, Daniel said:

They can take every coach in the organization and we could retain their salaries.  I’d say make them janitors, but janitors are honorable people that take pride in their work and perform a useful service, so I wouldn’t want to harm the Avalanche organization in such a way.

It can be payback for 2001. 😛