Derlique

Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Next draft will be one of the best in 10 years. We still have bright new first round pick and d-prospect(something + for our big nothing) who will play in wjc. Schnarr was good in OHL. Its not the best trade ever for rental player, but its something more than we were used to.

• Like 2

I mean this was always what it was going to be - something like the Duchene return. Except Ray got three prospects instead of two and a guaranteed third round pick. If you're being reasonable, Ray did just fine.The Devils were the sellers, they had the star player on the expiring contract, they needed to make the trade. And they probably to some degree limited the market a bit further by trading him so early on (though I get the thinking there). Not sure anything ever becomes of Schnarr and Merkley. The latter hits me as having Blandisi-type trajectory. The Devils negotiated hard to get the best out of this they could - I'm sure they asked for Prosvetov, but like I said the other day, I didn't think it was likely Ray could pull that off - at least not without changing the entire dynamic of the trade. Bahl ain't a bad return, he's going to at least get a chance to play in the NHL at some point and he's a big physical guy who's a good skater given his size. There's all of zero chance the Devils are getting the extra first, but the 2020 first round pick could end up being mid-round if we get lucky and Arizona slides and the third helps us fill out picks we lost this past offseason. Ultimately, the Devils needed the assortment of prospects and picks to restock their system. Yeah, prospects often don't ever make it as NHL regulars but when you're  on the verge of losing several key veterans and you just lost 50% of your offense, you have to start stocking up and playing the percentage game.

Edited by Neb00rs
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

How many years are we going to waste on prospects and maybe's?  We have been doing that for the past 6 years now.  There has to be a light at the end of the tunnel where some of these prospects and picks actually turn into useful players and not constantly play the slot machine.

Karlsson also had injury issues and there were some whispers at the time he was done.

Instead of acquiring prospects we should really acquire more quality NHL players. Like, uhhh PK Subban and Wayne Simmonds. Just off the top of my head, let’s target them? 

also isn’t there a guy in Russia right now that has “the next Panarin” label? I’ve seen some people say he’s an immediate plug-and-play top line winger. Let’s get him!!!!

realistically, who in the fvcking world is on a competing team that is going to give up a young nhl ready player in the middle of a playoff race for a few months of injury-prone Taylor hall?

Nobody, that’s who. 

• Like 1

As far as anything that matters is concerned, we got a first rounder and Bahl. 

Merkely is a former first rounder who has not been able to crack a non-playoff NHL lineup since he was drafted in 2015.  Schnarr has one goal in 22 AHL games. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MB3 said:

realistically, who in the fvcking world is on a competing team that is going to give up a young nhl ready player in the middle of a playoff race for a few months of injury-prone Taylor hall?

Nobody, that’s who. 

That's right. I saw some reputable writers suggesting Raanta could be coming our way. There's no team with two good NHL goalies that's going to trade one of them in the middle of a playoff race. Well, definitely not the Coyotes.

Edited by Neb00rs

Some people were concerned Hall would walk and the Devs would get nothing.  Devs get something and some people still complain.  Seems now something isn't better than nothing?? Really difficult to please some folks. Go figure.  :noclue:

• Like 9

Also happy that we don't play the Coyotes anymore. The only place I have to see Hall again this season is every 4 home games on my printed season tickets. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Instead of acquiring prospects we should really acquire more quality NHL players. Like, uhhh PK Subban and Wayne Simmonds. Just off the top of my head, let’s target them? 

also isn’t there a guy in Russia right now that has “the next Panarin” label? I’ve seen some people say he’s an immediate plug-and-play top line winger. Let’s get him!!!!

Nobody, that’s who. 

So you are saying that Ray is equally bad at picking NHL-quality players like he does with non-NHL quality players?  That doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies.

Which first rounders outside of #1OA has Ray drafted into quality NHL players?  Smith?  He doesn't stand a chance with Shero's current ex-Pittsburgh flunkies.

36 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

He might turn into something.

Whooptie-doo!

You thought we’d get a current NHL star for a rental? 

• Like 1

Next thing on "to do" list- change all coaches in NHL and AHL.

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, hit the post said:

I'm glad this cancer is gone.....Can't wait to hear them boo him .

He wasn’t a cancer. Just stop. 

Anyway...not a terribly exciting return, but I also wouldn’t call it a “magic beans package” either. I’ll take a 1st and a decent defensive prospect all day. What do we currently have in the system, Smith and Walsh? We need all the help we can get. 

• Like 1

If arizona will play in second round and... hall will sign on shero`s paper - it will be something that i do not expecting. Are we deserve some more magic?

Edited by Guadana

All Coyotes fans should be ecstatic for how little they gave up here.  And no one here can possibly be excited with what we got. 

Don't blame Ray for getting something like this at this point, but it's absolutely his fault that we're at this point to begin with.  If anyone told you this was how it was going to turn out the day we got him, they'd probably have been banned for being trolling Ranger fans. 

But what's done is done.  I just wish one of our useless beat writers can get him to give some sense of what his plan for the team is now.  It's literally the only question he should be asked, and he should be asked it repeatedly until he actually answers it.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

He wasn’t a cancer. Just stop. 

Anyway...not a terribly exciting return, but I also wouldn’t call it a “magic beans package” either. I’ll take a 1st and a decent defensive prospect all day. What do we currently have in the system, Smith and Walsh? We need all the help we can get. 

In your opinion....In mine he was so f off

Thank god this chapter is closed.

Chapter 2: The Banishment of Vatanen

Upon the exile of the Duke of Ham, King Shero shrewdly shifted his focus to ....

Slightly on topic....anyone have recommendations on where to send my jersey to get it re-lettered and numbered, and how much to expect it to cost?  I know I have one of the "knock offs", so would prefer not to spend a ton since the jersey itself wasn't all that expensive.  

54 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

No, but Ottawa got a better return for a Karlsson glorified rental.

A Big Body D-man who might turn into a 3rd pairing D-man.  Great, Mirco Mueller 2.0.

Two "who knows" prospects?  Hey, we got that out the ass up in Bing.

The first rounder is the only thing to be happy about.

they also traded him before the season started. 

also Karlsson is arguably a better player. Hell, he's a DMAN and outproduced Hall many times... Hall's top 3 seasons he had 65, 80 and 93 pts...

Karlsson went above 65 points 5 TIMES and was on pace to get it a 6th time (needed 3 more pts) but miss 11 games due to injury that season.

Again, as a dman ! 

• Like 1

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

Slightly on topic....anyone have recommendations on where to send my jersey to get it re-lettered and numbered, and how much to expect it to cost?  I know I have one of the "knock offs", so would prefer not to spend a ton since the jersey itself wasn't all that expensive.  

This is DevsMan84's domain, but why don't you just buy another knockoff instead and retire your Hall knockoff jersey?

35 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

He'll rock #91 with the Yotes.

Interesting number.

That's because that was the number of pages this thread was at when he got traded. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

These guys changed my Parise name plate to Hall and did a good job.  I plan on going to them when someone decent gets the number again.

https://exclusivepro.com/

• Like 1

wait and see what happens here if they sell off Sami and maybe others (Palm's name has been out in the rumor mill). These moves including this one kick the can down the road as far as becoming a better over all team. Necessary steps? perhaps but short term the roster which lacks depth and overall talent slides backwards for the time being. Painful but necessary with Hall not signing a long term deal here regardless of the reason.

I would estimate his chances of signing a long term deal in AZ as nill.

The sun will come up again one of these days.