Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

47 minutes ago, Steadevils said:

Well believe it or not I was giving my opinion and I wasn't actually trying to pitch him....unless he's a reader in which case....Hi Taylor a discount would be great!

Uhh, you prefaced it with...

6 hours ago, Steadevils said:

The story I would sell him on:

...which is why I responded the way I did. 

6 hours ago, Steadevils said:

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but what do you guys think about signing Taylor Hall? The story I would sell him on:

This playoff year has shown how fast a team can rise in to contention. If he leaves to go to someone who will "contend" while he's in his prime he's chasing the dragon. Also, you want to be surrounded by young talent in your 33+ years when the statistical pressure to contend can be passed down and you can age out gracefully as the veteran leader whose "points might be down, but their off-ice presence is worth every penny". This is a really good pitch the owner's have now. Might have some homer-blinders on, but I truly believe we have 3 star forwards in the making. The World's will feature a 20 year old Bratt on the 1st line for Sweden (putting up some #'s and highlights in the warm up games), a 20 year old Nico leading the swiss (hat trick the other day), and a 17 year old American as the youngest ever to wear the stars and stripes for the adult squad. (Also Blackwood, but he might not get many minutes). Unless you are signing with the Avalanche I think you'd be hard pressed to find a squad that is better positioned for a sustained run of contention in the next 8 year period (iff D is solved by trade/fa/prospects/this years picks..big IF, but not that huge of an if given all the assets shero has to work with..). But back to being a leader. Hall in interviews has always been a guy who is aware of analytics and seems to live/breathe hockey. Nico/Hughes have this same trait. The veterans we do have are all ageing out..there is going to be a leadership void in the next 2 years and hopefully Hall sees that as an opportunity and seizes it. 

Also I'd pitch him by paying him money..yeah that is the other part of the sell..$$$$. 

Estimates?: https://www.allaboutthejersey.com/2019/5/1/18518163/how-much-is-taylor-hall-worth-to-the-devils-and-for-how-long

At this point, I don't think it'll be all that complicated and a Tavares like "pitch" isn't going to be necessary.  I think he just wants to be comfortable that Ray is actually committed to bringing in additional talent besides "building through the draft," which for all we know has already happened.  At some point, the team will want a firm answer as to whether he intends to sign an extension on July 1, which again, for all we know, has already happened.  Then it's just a matter of working on a deal that pays him what he's worth, but which also helps the team as much as possible. 

• 5 weeks later...

a lot of people over on HF are already jumping on when hall needs to be traded if he isn't showing that he is committed by a certain date. I think before jumping to deadlines we should all remember that hall was vocal with expressing that he wants to see hows hero is going to make upgrades to this team before he commits himself, which is fair enough after there was nothing done to improve things last off season. We all know we are going to be getting Hughes so theres a start in the right direction

4 minutes ago, jagknife said:

A few of us are talking about it in the other thread, but yeah, yellow journalism at best, IMO. The author is a joke of a “reporter”

overlook it. 

i really don`t understand how guys like this discover and find theirs report material. 

anyway - if we can talk about silver cup - how long years we need to find our way with growing our kids like hughes and boqvist? And if we talk about 3-4 years - will hall be ready to give us what he give us today. And if he understand that... He may try to find his way to cup in nearest years.

O, basic logic - time to make report instagramm. i`m ready.

15 minutes ago, Guadana said:

overlook it. 

i really don`t understand how guys like this discover and find theirs report material. 

anyway - if we can talk about silver cup - how long years we need to find our way with growing our kids like hughes and boqvist? And if we talk about 3-4 years - will hall be ready to give us what he give us today. And if he understand that... He may try to find his way to cup in nearest years.

O, basic logic - time to make report instagramm. i`m ready.

It’s a surefire way to generate clicks to a website: come up with something controversial. Seconds after you post it, post a thinly veiled defense. Watch the clicks and revenue come in.

he did what he intended: got his crappy website’s name out there. Same with his radio spot last week.

i’m really salty towards TFP and what they’ve become. Also, they were real a$$holes to try and work with. When I had aspirations in college (over a decade ago) of doing free lance, I reached out to them when they were little known. The scoffed at me like I was trash. Meanwhile, lesser known people took, no joke, an hour of their time to just talk on the phone.

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

It’s a surefire way to generate clicks to a website: come up with something controversial. Seconds after you post it, post a thinly veiled defense. Watch the clicks and revenue come in.

he did what he intended: got his crappy website’s name out there. Same with his radio spot last week.

i’m really salty towards TFP and what they’ve become. Also, they were real a$$holes to try and work with. When I had aspirations in college (over a decade ago) of doing free lance, I reached out to them when they were little known. The scoffed at me like I was trash. Meanwhile, lesser known people took, no joke, an hour of their time to just talk on the phone.

it`s ok. i think it`s like a marrige story. you must find a man or a woman with whom you will be stay focus, happy and can understand. be on the same wave.

you taked your own job, they taked their own douchebags. and make douchebags content.  everybody happy. especially rangers fans.

45 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Still feel good about this.  Not going to let a click-bait article worry me.  Not yet.

Not directed at you, but Other than Taylor saying he likes NJ, which is what he’s supposed to say and what Tavares said before packing his bags for Toronto, is there any hard evidence that should make us “feel good” that Taylor is going to re-sign? 

Myself, I am not crediting that article nor am I expecting he will re-sign. As far as I am concerned, we don’t have enough information to form an opinion. Because all I’m hearing is that we’re headed in the right direction, but if that’s true, there’s a bunch of teams way closer to the Cup than we are that he could sign with just as easily. 

So you guys who have a good feeling, what is bringing you to that conclusion?

15 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Not directed at you, but Other than Taylor saying he likes NJ, which is what he’s supposed to say and what Tavares said before packing his bags for Toronto, is there any hard evidence that should make us “feel good” that Taylor is going to re-sign? 

Myself, I am not crediting that article nor am I expecting he will re-sign. As far as I am concerned, we don’t have enough information to form an opinion. Because all I’m hearing is that we’re headed in the right direction, but if that’s true, there’s a bunch of teams way closer to the Cup than we are that he could sign with just as easily. 

Because he’s never sounded like he must win the cup tomorrow. I say that because he knows where this team stands. If adding a couple pieces would alleviate his concerns then I have no reason to believe he’s going to try and chase some 1-year rent a cup scheme. For Long-term contending this is the place to be. Also we are not a homeless sack of sh!t club like the Islanders. Tavares and Hall comparisons shouldn’t be treated equally.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Because I actually believe he wants to be here. Could he leave? Sure, anything is possible. But the franchise is building the right way, he’s had three years to get acclimated here and discover this is a great place to live, particularly if you’re rich (minus the taxes, but that’s life), and we can offer him the most term and the most money, plus the C (once Greene leaves after this season, hopefully). This will be HIS team. He’s also met a girl he appears to be fairly serious with, who I’m pretty sure is from here. If he truly wants to leave all that, he isn’t the kind of guy I want here anyway. I want people who WANT to be Devils. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, devlman said:

Because he’s never sounded like he must win the cup tomorrow. 

That's 100% speculation on your part, unless there's some specific interview where he said he's OK with a long term plan that I am unaware of. 

24 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Because I actually believe he wants to be here. 

You aren't basing that on anything, that's my point. What you believe is irrelevant, and just as uninformed as that dumbass who wrote the article, unless there's something backing up. Otherwise, you're just speculating, which is fine to do as well. that's why I am asking for hard evidence. I don't believe any exists. 

26 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

this is a great place to live, particularly if you’re rich (minus the taxes, but that’s life)

That's life that he doesn't have to have if he goes somewhere without a state income tax. Now you're speculating about his personal finances. 

27 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

and we can offer him the most term and the most money

yes, we can. Will we? Maybe. Will it be enough? Another maybe. Again, Islanders could've done that with Tavares too, and also every other free agent that leaves a team. 

27 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

plus the C 

I already acknowledged that @MB3 is our best chance of keeping him lol.

Mfitz, no one has said they’re basing any decision, either way, on hard evidence. You asked what makes you think he would be inclined to stay, and I gave you my personal opinion derived from the wording and tone of the interviews he’s given.

You can read his interviews and infer a different conclusion - you can conclude that he likes fvcking goats, for instance - but you posed a question as to what makes you thinks he’d be more likely to stay. Never said it was definitive. Wouldn’t know what definitive evidence would even be? Hall carving ‘I luv NJ’ into his ass cheeks and posting to IG?  I like my personal reasoning based off his interviews.

Edited by devlman

15 minutes ago, devlman said:

Mfitz, no one has said they’re basing any decision, either way, on hard evidence. You asked what makes you think he would be inclined to stay, and I gave you my personal opinion derived from the wording and tone of the interviews he’s given.

You can read his interviews and infer a different conclusion - you can conclude that he likes fvcking goats, for instance - but you posed a question as to what makes you thinks he’d be more likely to stay. Never said it was definitive. Wouldn’t know what definitive evidence would even be? Hall carving ‘I luv NJ’ into his ass cheeks and posting to IG?  I like my personal reasoning based off his interviews.

That’s my exact point. You can’t take a guy’s word for it.  He’s supposed to say that he loves it here. There’s no way to know if that’s the truth, or just saying what people want him to say.

People throw things out there like they feel it based on “his words and his actions”. But really, they are just pulling it out of their ass.

3 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I trust Shero enough to where either he will move mountains to get Hall to re-sign.  However if Hall doesn't want to be here, then I trust Ray to trade him for a nice haul.

Either way at this point we win.

Exactly right. If Taylor Hall does not sign an extension, it is 100% on him, not on us. There’s no way that we aren’t going to just pack a truck full of money up to his door and ask him to jump in. Whether or not he wants to jump, it’s his decision.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

For me, it’s the fact that Shero and the organization played a big part in turning him into the player he is now.  With Tavares there was kind of feeling that he wasted the best years of his career there, not to mention having little stability in the front office, playing at Barclay’s etc.

I think we take him at his word, that he’ll be playing here for the long term if Ray has a credible plan to really turn things around beyond saying “build through the draft” or getting mid pairing forwards in crafty trades.

Getting Jacob Trouba would help.

• Like 3