Derlique

The Taylor Hall Watch Thread #Trade Imminent?#

20 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Taylor Hall signing with  Toronto Raptors!! Confirmed. 

Kawhi Leonard to the devils for Taylor Hall. Trade is one for one. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Guadana said:

overlook it. 

i really don`t understand how guys like this discover and find theirs report material. 

anyway - if we can talk about silver cup - how long years we need to find our way with growing our kids like hughes and boqvist? And if we talk about 3-4 years - will hall be ready to give us what he give us today. And if he understand that... He may try to find his way to cup in nearest years.

O, basic logic - time to make report instagramm. i`m ready.

It’s a surefire way to generate clicks to a website: come up with something controversial. Seconds after you post it, post a thinly veiled defense. Watch the clicks and revenue come in.

he did what he intended: got his crappy website’s name out there. Same with his radio spot last week.

i’m really salty towards TFP and what they’ve become. Also, they were real a$$holes to try and work with. When I had aspirations in college (over a decade ago) of doing free lance, I reached out to them when they were little known. The scoffed at me like I was trash. Meanwhile, lesser known people took, no joke, an hour of their time to just talk on the phone.

Posted (edited)

All I ask is that Shero doesn’t let this dude Parise us. There’s no needing him for the playoffs excuse this time.

Edited by Jerzey
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

It’s a surefire way to generate clicks to a website: come up with something controversial. Seconds after you post it, post a thinly veiled defense. Watch the clicks and revenue come in.

he did what he intended: got his crappy website’s name out there. Same with his radio spot last week.

i’m really salty towards TFP and what they’ve become. Also, they were real a$$holes to try and work with. When I had aspirations in college (over a decade ago) of doing free lance, I reached out to them when they were little known. The scoffed at me like I was trash. Meanwhile, lesser known people took, no joke, an hour of their time to just talk on the phone.

it`s ok. i think it`s like a marrige story. you must find a man or a woman with whom you will be stay focus, happy and can understand. be on the same wave.

you taked your own job, they taked their own douchebags. and make douchebags content.  everybody happy. especially rangers fans.

Still feel good about this.  Not going to let a click-bait article worry me.  Not yet.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Still feel good about this.  Not going to let a click-bait article worry me.  Not yet.

Not directed at you, but Other than Taylor saying he likes NJ, which is what he’s supposed to say and what Tavares said before packing his bags for Toronto, is there any hard evidence that should make us “feel good” that Taylor is going to re-sign? 

Myself, I am not crediting that article nor am I expecting he will re-sign. As far as I am concerned, we don’t have enough information to form an opinion. Because all I’m hearing is that we’re headed in the right direction, but if that’s true, there’s a bunch of teams way closer to the Cup than we are that he could sign with just as easily. 

So you guys who have a good feeling, what is bringing you to that conclusion?

15 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Not directed at you, but Other than Taylor saying he likes NJ, which is what he’s supposed to say and what Tavares said before packing his bags for Toronto, is there any hard evidence that should make us “feel good” that Taylor is going to re-sign? 

Myself, I am not crediting that article nor am I expecting he will re-sign. As far as I am concerned, we don’t have enough information to form an opinion. Because all I’m hearing is that we’re headed in the right direction, but if that’s true, there’s a bunch of teams way closer to the Cup than we are that he could sign with just as easily. 

Because he’s never sounded like he must win the cup tomorrow. I say that because he knows where this team stands. If adding a couple pieces would alleviate his concerns then I have no reason to believe he’s going to try and chase some 1-year rent a cup scheme. For Long-term contending this is the place to be. Also we are not a homeless sack of sh!t club like the Islanders. Tavares and Hall comparisons shouldn’t be treated equally.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Because I actually believe he wants to be here. Could he leave? Sure, anything is possible. But the franchise is building the right way, he’s had three years to get acclimated here and discover this is a great place to live, particularly if you’re rich (minus the taxes, but that’s life), and we can offer him the most term and the most money, plus the C (once Greene leaves after this season, hopefully). This will be HIS team. He’s also met a girl he appears to be fairly serious with, who I’m pretty sure is from here. If he truly wants to leave all that, he isn’t the kind of guy I want here anyway. I want people who WANT to be Devils. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, devlman said:

Because he’s never sounded like he must win the cup tomorrow. 

That's 100% speculation on your part, unless there's some specific interview where he said he's OK with a long term plan that I am unaware of. 

24 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Because I actually believe he wants to be here. 

You aren't basing that on anything, that's my point. What you believe is irrelevant, and just as uninformed as that dumbass who wrote the article, unless there's something backing up. Otherwise, you're just speculating, which is fine to do as well. that's why I am asking for hard evidence. I don't believe any exists. 

26 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

this is a great place to live, particularly if you’re rich (minus the taxes, but that’s life)

That's life that he doesn't have to have if he goes somewhere without a state income tax. Now you're speculating about his personal finances. 

27 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

and we can offer him the most term and the most money

yes, we can. Will we? Maybe. Will it be enough? Another maybe. Again, Islanders could've done that with Tavares too, and also every other free agent that leaves a team. 

27 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

plus the C 

I already acknowledged that @MB3 is our best chance of keeping him lol.

Posted (edited)

Mfitz, no one has said they’re basing any decision, either way, on hard evidence. You asked what makes you think he would be inclined to stay, and I gave you my personal opinion derived from the wording and tone of the interviews he’s given.

You can read his interviews and infer a different conclusion - you can conclude that he likes fvcking goats, for instance - but you posed a question as to what makes you thinks he’d be more likely to stay. Never said it was definitive. Wouldn’t know what definitive evidence would even be? Hall carving ‘I luv NJ’ into his ass cheeks and posting to IG?  I like my personal reasoning based off his interviews.

Edited by devlman

I trust Shero enough to where either he will move mountains to get Hall to re-sign.  However if Hall doesn't want to be here, then I trust Ray to trade him for a nice haul.

Either way at this point we win.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, devlman said:

Mfitz, no one has said they’re basing any decision, either way, on hard evidence. You asked what makes you think he would be inclined to stay, and I gave you my personal opinion derived from the wording and tone of the interviews he’s given.

You can read his interviews and infer a different conclusion - you can conclude that he likes fvcking goats, for instance - but you posed a question as to what makes you thinks he’d be more likely to stay. Never said it was definitive. Wouldn’t know what definitive evidence would even be? Hall carving ‘I luv NJ’ into his ass cheeks and posting to IG?  I like my personal reasoning based off his interviews.

That’s my exact point. You can’t take a guy’s word for it.  He’s supposed to say that he loves it here. There’s no way to know if that’s the truth, or just saying what people want him to say.

People throw things out there like they feel it based on “his words and his actions”. But really, they are just pulling it out of their ass.

3 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I trust Shero enough to where either he will move mountains to get Hall to re-sign.  However if Hall doesn't want to be here, then I trust Ray to trade him for a nice haul.

Either way at this point we win.

Exactly right. If Taylor Hall does not sign an extension, it is 100% on him, not on us. There’s no way that we aren’t going to just pack a truck full of money up to his door and ask him to jump in. Whether or not he wants to jump, it’s his decision.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

For me, it’s the fact that Shero and the organization played a big part in turning him into the player he is now.  With Tavares there was kind of feeling that he wasted the best years of his career there, not to mention having little stability in the front office, playing at Barclay’s etc.

I think we take him at his word, that he’ll be playing here for the long term if Ray has a credible plan to really turn things around beyond saying “build through the draft” or getting mid pairing forwards in crafty trades.

Getting Jacob Trouba would help.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s my exact point. You can’t take a guy’s word for it.  He’s supposed to say that he loves it here. There’s no way to know if that’s the truth, or just saying what people want him to say.

People throw things out there like they feel it based on “his words and his actions”. But really, they are just pulling it out of their ass.

To a point, yes. But when you follow a guy for years you can get a feel for his semblance of truth and whether he’s just feeding people bullsh!t or not. There’s a sense of validity in that. Put it this way- if someone says they really like a place and said place is nice and very promising, then there’s more reason to believe him than assume he’s trying to lie straight-faced to the world in some manipulative scheme. It’s still speculation but at least based on a reasonable assumption.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That's 100% speculation on your part, unless there's some specific interview where he said he's OK with a long term plan that I am unaware of. 

You aren't basing that on anything, that's my point. What you believe is irrelevant, and just as uninformed as that dumbass who wrote the article, unless there's something backing up. Otherwise, you're just speculating, which is fine to do as well. that's why I am asking for hard evidence. I don't believe any exists. 

That's life that he doesn't have to have if he goes somewhere without a state income tax. Now you're speculating about his personal finances. 

yes, we can. Will we? Maybe. Will it be enough? Another maybe. Again, Islanders could've done that with Tavares too, and also every other free agent that leaves a team. 

I already acknowledged that @MB3 is our best chance of keeping him lol.

I think you’re being overly negative here, but that’s fine.... we’ll see what happens. Like DM84 said, we win no matter what, whether we trade him for a nice return, or he signs an extension. 

21 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I think you’re being overly negative here, but that’s fine.... we’ll see what happens. Like DM84 said, we win no matter what, whether we trade him for a nice return, or he signs an extension. 

I’m not taking a position one way or the other. I’m saying there’s no evidence to know one way or the other, other than Taylor having said he likes it here, which he has to say.

• Like 1

https://www.nhl.com/news/taylor-hall-not-in-rush-to-sign-extension-with-new-jersey-devils/c-307689238 

"No idea where [the website] got that from aside from a 'source,'" Shero said in a text message. "Nothing on our end has changed and I have never heard differently from Taylor or Darren Ferris."

Ferris said, "I'm not going to speak to it because it's all fictitious and I'm just not going to respond to any of those questions out of respect to the conversations and discussions that are going on."

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

Nhl just put out a piece that has quotes from shero and halls agent that refutes what the "4th clickbait crap  says

Poster above beat me to this. 

Edited by bobilly45
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

https://www.nhl.com/news/taylor-hall-not-in-rush-to-sign-extension-with-new-jersey-devils/c-307689238 

"No idea where [the website] got that from aside from a 'source,'" Shero said in a text message. "Nothing on our end has changed and I have never heard differently from Taylor or Darren Ferris."

Ferris said, "I'm not going to speak to it because it's all fictitious and I'm just not going to respond to any of those questions out of respect to the conversations and discussions that are going on."

Holy sh!t I got what I wanted... from both sides...

how about that, @SterioDesign?

• Like 1

That’ll confirm at least there’s conversations, that’s a good thing. 

55 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That’ll confirm at least there’s conversations, that’s a good thing. 

It is.  What it leads to is unknown, but a dialogue never hurts any situation.

1 minute ago, bobilly45 said:

It is.  What it leads to is unknown, but a dialogue never hurts any situation.

As long as that dialogue isn’t “go fvck yourself”.

I'm fine with not signing him long term in the off season. Let's see how he plays first after only playing 33 games last year. If he plays like his old self do what you can to sign him and if he doesn't want to resign or and we aren't in the playoff hunt or if he's hurt again for most of the season then trade him and move on. 

I'm already tired of this nonsense and I won't be reading much of it going forward.

• Like 1