Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

14 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

When it comes to the topic of free agency it seems there are two camps of Devils fans.. those who are weary of any uncertainty surrounding our own players and those who brush it aside.

Brushing things aside was all the rage during the Lou years because you knew where Lou stood and players would usually walk away for nothing in return. With Shero, we're hoping it's different. If a player wants to test the market (like Hall does based on what he's saying) we're hoping management doesn't sit idly by and has a plan ready to go. 

Hall has said no such thing. He wants to see what the team’s direction is before discussing an extension. That’s not the same as testing the market, which he can’t do until next year. But at no point has he said that is his plan. It may be, but he hasn’t said it. 

If he wants to test the market, he’ll already have been traded to another team so that’s irrelevant. I can’t imagine Shero letting him walk for free. 

23 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

When it comes to the topic of free agency it seems there are two camps of Devils fans.. those who are weary of any uncertainty surrounding our own players and those who brush it aside.

Brushing things aside was all the rage during the Lou years because you knew where Lou stood and players would usually walk away for nothing in return. With Shero, we're hoping it's different. If a player wants to test the market (like Hall does based on what he's saying) we're hoping management doesn't sit idly by and has a plan ready to go. 

All well and good, but the whiny worry-wart act our fans spew forth is incredibly annoying. Not like you have any control over it, so just STFU and let it play out. I mean, you already have some morons screaming about trying to trade for Quinn Hughes so Jack doesn’t leave EIGHT fvckING YEARS FROM NOW (while never even considering that maybe Quinn would come here to join Jack, but that goes to that stupid inferiority complex half this fanbase has that every place must be better than here, and the grass is greener in 31other markets). Do you know how stupid that sounds? I wanna love my own fanbase, but people like this make it incredibly difficult. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

All well and good, but the whiny worry-wart act our fans spew forth is incredibly annoying. Not like you have any control over it, so just STFU and let it play out. I mean, you already have some morons screaming about trying to trade for Quinn Hughes so Jack doesn’t leave EIGHT fvckING YEARS FROM NOW (while never even considering that maybe Quinn would come here to join Jack, but that goes to that stupid inferiority complex half this fanbase has that every place must be better than here, and the grass is greener in 31other markets). Do you know how stupid that sounds? I wanna love my own fanbase, but people like this make it incredibly difficult. 

I'm going to happy when Hall signs in the second half of July and all these people can just stop panicking. 

• Like 1

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

All well and good, but the whiny worry-wart act our fans spew forth is incredibly annoying. Not like you have any control over it, so just STFU and let it play out. I mean, you already have some morons screaming about trying to trade for Quinn Hughes so Jack doesn’t leave EIGHT fvckING YEARS FROM NOW (while never even considering that maybe Quinn would come here to join Jack, but that goes to that stupid inferiority complex half this fanbase has that every place must be better than here, and the grass is greener in 31other markets). Do you know how stupid that sounds? I wanna love my own fanbase, but some of these people make it incredibly difficult. 

Yeah worrying about what will happen with Hughes, either his extension or whether he’ll go UFA, is stupid at this point. He hasn’t played yet. Assuming he’s not an enormous bust, they’ll do what they can to retain him. Ultimately it’ll be up to Jack, and it’s likely outside of the team’s (and certainly the fans) control. 

Chill out, enjoy the ride, and worry about Jack in 2027. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Would you consider me to be part of the bolded? Because I see two whiny sides to the fanbase. I posted something pretty reasonable about Taylor Hall's difficult decision a few days ago which unfortunately led to the debate in this thread descending into, "NJ is Hall's best chance to win a Cup," vs "[Insert team here] is Hall's best chance to win a Cup." An inane, impossible to determine argument that was underpinned by the two fan factions "the grass is greener everywhere else and I hate myself" vs. "the grass is the greenest in NJ always and forever and shut up if you disagree."

The fanbase should be able to take pride in NJ and Devildom and still be able to discuss the team in a practical manner and vice versa the fanbase shouldn't be completely negative about the Devils as a desirable destination.

I don't think you've been totally off base btw, I agree with your attitude in one regard: if players leave, fvck them. If Hall leaves, fvck him. If you're not with us you're against us, quite literally. But it's perfectly reasonable to think about the difficulty of his decision before the fact and the factors in play that on one hand might make him decide to sign with the Devils and on the other might make leaving the option he chooses.

In the NHLPA golf interview he did Taylor pretty much revealed what's going through his head when as part of a larger comment he was making about wanting to play for the Cup every year he said, "I kind of want to make up for lost time but at the same time I want to be smart with everything that's going on." 

He's trying to figure out where his best chance to win a Cup is and he's not just assuming that's in Toronto - it might be NJ - but that's what he's working through right now. There's a possibility this next contract decides whether he ever raises a Cup or not - the dream of every hockey player. Not an easy decision. Like I said, I think eventually he signs here - the pieces are coming together quickly. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Would you consider me to be part of the bolded? Because I see two whiny sides to the fanbase. I posted something pretty reasonable about Taylor Hall's difficult decision a few days ago which unfortunately led to the debate in this thread descending into, "NJ is Hall's best chance to win a Cup," vs "[Insert team here] is Hall's best chance to win a Cup." An inane, impossible to determine argument that was underpinned by the two fan factions "the grass is greener everywhere else and I hate myself" vs. "the grass is the greenest in NJ always and forever and shut up if you disagree."

The fanbase should be able to take pride in NJ and Devildom and still be able to discuss the team in a practical manner and vice versa the fanbase shouldn't be completely negative about the Devils as a desirable destination.

I don't think you've been totally off base btw, I agree with your attitude in one regard: if players leave, fvck them. If Hall leaves, fvck him. If you're not with us you're against us, quite literally. But it's perfectly reasonable to think about the difficulty of his decision before the fact and the factors in play that on one hand might make him decide to sign with the Devils and on the other might make leaving the option he chooses.

In the NHLPA golf interview he did Taylor pretty much revealed what's going through his head when as part of a larger comment he was making about wanting to play for the Cup every year he said, "I kind of want to make up for lost time but at the same time I want to be smart with everything that's going on." 

He's trying to figure out where his best chance to win a Cup is and he's not just assuming that's in Toronto - it might be NJ - but that's what he's working through right now. There's a possibility this next contract decides whether he ever raises a Cup or not - the dream of every hockey player. Not an easy decision. Like I said, I think eventually he signs here - the pieces are coming together quickly. 

I don’t necessarily think you’re part of that group, but it certainly exists and they’re annoying as fvck. A lot of Devils fans have this self-hating, ‘we’re inferior to everything’ attitude that makes me want to punch stuff. We are a franchise rich in history that plays in the biggest market on planet earth. fvcking act like it. I want more arrogance. I want more cockiness. I want this fan base to act like a fan base that is proud of their team, proud of their state, proud of everything it means to live and play in NJ. Not this whiny, boo hoo hoo, we aren’t NY, we aren’t Chicago, we play in Newark and Newark is terrible because it was terrible 25 years ago so it must still be a raging sh!thole’ attitude.  I don’t give a sh!t if everyone hates us. I want everyone to hate us. It means you’re doing something right. 

Edited by MadDog2020

I don’t necessarily think you’re part of that group, but it certainly exists and they’re annoying as fvck. A lot of Devils fans have this self-hating, ‘we’re inferior to everything’ attitude that makes me want to punch stuff. We are a franchise rich in history that plays in the biggest market on planet earth. fvcking act like it. I want more arrogance. I want more cockiness. I want this fan base to act like a fan base that is proud of their team, proud of their state, proud of everything it means to live and play in NJ. Not this whiny, boo hoo hoo, we aren’t NY, we aren’t Chicago, we play in Newark and Newark is terrible because it was terrible 25 years ago so it must still be a raging sh!thole’ attitude.  I don’t give a sh!t if everyone hates us. I want everyone to hate us. It means you’re doing something right. 

I agree there could be more self-love in NJ, but do you really think that arrogance/cockiness = pride in team? That confusion is exactly what makes Rangers fans, Rangers fans.

And bruh, Newark needs work. And any Devil fan can attest to the failure to build up that city despite promise after promise to do so. That said, the immediate area around the arena has taken some steps up, I'm excited for that. But a few hundred yards in either direction and it's not a pretty picture, including all the way to Newark Penn and Newark Penn itself. Pretending that the area doesn't need to make A LOT of progress isn't going to help anything.  

21 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

I agree there could be more self-love in NJ, but do you really think that arrogance/cockiness = pride in team? That confusion is exactly what makes Rangers fans, Rangers fans.

And bruh, Newark needs work. And any Devil fan can attest to the failure to build up that city despite promise after promise to do so. That said, the immediate area around the arena has taken some steps up, I'm excited for that. But a few hundred yards in either direction and it's not a pretty picture, including all the way to Newark Penn and Newark Penn itself. Pretending that the area doesn't need to make A LOT of progress isn't going to help anything.  

Ranger fans have exactly one Cup since the fvcking polio vaccine. Their arrogance isn’t based off anything but ORIGINAL SIX BRAH and BRIGHT LIGHTS BRAH. I just want this fanbase to have some fvcking pride in itself, the team, and the state. That isn’t done by acting like everything sucks. Some cockiness and arrogance would be a welcome change, given our history actually calls for some. As far as Newark goes, no one said it doesn’t need work, but Rome wasn’t built in a day. It’s not as bad as it used to be. You can go to any city in America and wander into a crappy area. Newark has work to do, but it’s on its way. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

How about just being a normal fan without the cocky, douchy attitude.  Most are proud of the team, and their history (and this can be said about any team in any sport, that's been around more then 5 yrs).  Just act like a normal person, drop the egos, what's so wrong about that?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bobilly45 said:

How about just being a normal fan without the cocky, douchy attitude.  Most are proud of the team, and their history (and this can be said about any team in any sport, that's been around more then 5 yrs).  Just act like a normal person, drop the egos, what's so wrong about that?

I prefer cockiness to woe-is-me emo whiny bitchiness, but I guess that’s just me.

In general its mostly just about being realistic about some stuff and not being biased. I mean... honestly if you're opinion is clearly biased about something... it's worth sh!t. Especially if you're arrogant about it.

also it's kind of hypocrite to call for a fanbase to be arrogant and cocky about where they live... and then call out the Rangers for doing the same thing? they are literally doing what you're encouraging if you're doing that haha

Edited by SterioDesign

28 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

In general its mostly just about being realistic about some stuff and not being biased. I mean... honestly if you're opinion is clearly biased about something... it's worth sh!t. Especially if you're arrogant about it.

also it's kind of hypocrite to call for a fanbase to be arrogant and cocky about where they live... and then call out the Rangers for doing the same thing? they are literally doing what you're encouraging if you're doing that haha

You completely missed the point. Now, seeing as you aren’t from here and have no idea about the dynamic, I’ll kindly and respectfully ask you to eject yourself from this particular conversation.

Edited by MadDog2020

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

I agree. I don't think there's anything wrong with being realistic-- then again I'd love to leave NJ. I'm really not much of a homer for the state. The only thing I'd miss is being 25 min from Prudential. I don't even have family here anymore, they already left. 

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

Your opinions aren’t biased though?

5 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I agree. I don't think there's anything wrong with being realistic-- then again I'd love to leave NJ. I'm really not much of a homer for the state. The only thing I'd miss is being 25 min from Prudential. I don't even have family here anymore, they already left. 

Nice to see that Jersey pride shine through man!  I mean, this is exactly what I’m talking about. Please brother, if you hate it so much by all means go move to that redneck paradise down in NC, pretty sure that’s the trendy thing now. 

Edited by MadDog2020

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

You completely missed the point. Now, seeing as you aren’t from here and have no idea about the dynamic, I’ll kindly and respectfully ask you to eject yourself from this particular conversation.

Suuuure. Who loves a neutral / outside looking in / big picture opinion when it doesn't fit yours. 

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I'm generally trying not to be. And when i think i am, i usually acknowledge that i'm biased. 

As do I. I’m biased. Very biased. I’m not denying that, and I never have. 

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Suuuure. Who loves a neutral / outside looking in / big picture opinion when it doesn't fit yours. 

All due respect brother, I don’t give a sh!t about your opinion on this matter. I didn’t ask you for it, and I don’t care. I care very little about what outsiders have to say on something they know next to nothing about.

Edited by MadDog2020

As do I. I’m biased. Very biased. I’m not denying that, and I never have. 

and thats why you don't like hearing a neutral opinion going against yours and asking me to just shut up. At least you were polite lol

Just now, SterioDesign said:

and thats why you don't like hearing a neutral opinion going against yours and asking me to just shut up. At least you were polite lol

That’s because I like you man, you’re good people.... I just have an enormous amount of pride in where I come from. Just the way I am. I’d be the same way if I was from fvcking Kansas. Take pride in where you come from. Everyone should.

That’s because I like you man, you’re good people.... I just have an enormous amount of pride in where I come from. Just the way I am. I’d be the same way if I was from fvcking Kansas. Take pride in where you come from. Everyone should.

Well that's great. But that's a bit like every parents finding their kids beautiful. There's some fvcking ugly kids out there. It's blind love haha

I mean. I can make an argument that i can be just as pride about the Devils success because im not from NJ. I CHOOSE the Devils. Out of all the teams available and stuck with them. It's not unfair to say that it deserves as much merit as someone rooting for a team just because they were born in a specific region, then thats blind love too