Derlique

The Taylor Hall Watch Thread #Trade Imminent?#

51 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I think it's pretty clear he is going to test the market. Which again hurts our potential for a return. 

If this team starts to do well, I think most fans want Ray to move him regardless of record, because given our time in rebuild, we just can't let him go for nothing. I still go back to how many great teams that are Cup contenders can add a salary like that, that'll make his wish of being a Cup winner that much closer to the nucleus we're building here? Also, when was the last time a guy of this caliber signed with another team and won a Cup quickly? Hossa? 10 years ago. 

We have no idea what his thought process is, and he's a smart dude. It never happens, but boy do I wish he colluded with Ray knowing we aren't a Cup contender yet, go get moved at the Deadline for a ransom, knowing he's signing back here for like 8x9.5 or something like that. 

On the same token, wouldn't any team want to "shed" a few $$.  (I mentioned) Nylander at 7 mil) Hall is very economical now (6mil) Yes there is a little risk in making a move like this for any team. 

5 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

On the same token, wouldn't any team want to "shed" a few $$.  (I mentioned) Nylander at 7 mil) Hall is very economical now (6mil) Yes there is a little risk in making a move like this for any team. 

No, no team in contention is worried about saving $1 mil per in a lateral move at the trade deadline, unless they happen to be exactly $1m shy of having the room on another deal. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

No, no team in contention is worried about saving $1 mil per in a lateral move at the trade deadline, unless they happen to be exactly $1m shy of having the room on another deal. 

Not to mention he's only 1 year into that deal they just signed him on last year that was a major PR issue for them because he held out so long. Imagine if they traded a guy they had locked up for like 6 years at, what is finally this year, looking to be a good value for a rental Taylor Hall because of 1 mil dollars. 

This team needs Hall.  We're playing well with him and he's not even scoring goals himself yet, he's basically been a set-up man so far.  Imagine what we can do if he starts burying the chances he's gotten.  It's not out of the realm of possibility to see him put this team on his shoulders and go on a tear in the second half of the season like he did two years ago. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

This team needs Hall.  We're playing well with him and he's not even scoring goals himself yet, he's basically been a set-up man so far.  Imagine what we can do if he starts burying the chances he's gotten.  It's not out of the realm of possibility to see him put this team on his shoulders and go on a tear in the second half of the season like he did two years ago. 

With some luck, he’d have 7-8 goals instead of 2 and he’d be having a monster year.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

With some luck, he’d have 7-8 goals instead of 2 and he’d be having a monster year.

if he'd have 7 or 8 goals, as opposed to the 2 he has, the devils have 2 or 3 more wins and the outlook is very different (even though it really shouldn't be).

• Like 1

Only in the MVP season (39) has Hall scored more than 27 goals.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crisis said:

Dude's in his prime right now, and probably will be for another 2 years - you could argue the best is yet to come, and you could also argue he has better linemates/teammates than he ever has before.  

4 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Dude's in his prime right now, and probably will be for another 2 years - you could argue the best is yet to come, and you could also argue he has better linemates/teammates than he ever has before.  

Yeah, I still feel like its just a matter of time before he starts clicking. But he sure is taking his time goal-wise. 

• Like 1

OK, how about this one:

Cory Schneider (50% salary retained), Taylor Hall, and a lottery-protected 2020 first round pick for Bowen Byram.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MB3 said:

OK, how about this one:

Cory Schneider (50% salary retained), Taylor Hall, and a lottery-protected 2020 first round pick for Bowen Byram.

Byram and first conditional pick if they resign hall.

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I mean, it’s almost like it’s meant to be, if Johnny hockey wasn’t actually a Flyers fan.

hall might have been a flames fan growing up (not sure?) but he still played for the oilers and was actually bummed to be traded so..

5 hours ago, Crisis said:

Good point that's why I think whoever signs him long term in a mega deal is gonna eat a ton of sh!t on the back half of the deal. No thanks. I wouldn't want to count on him needing all kinds of luck to put up more goals than he's averaged outside of his mvp season. Get what you can and call it a day. 

• Like 1

This is right around the time that I said from the beginning of the season where I thought Hall would possibly be signing an extension.  Given that Shero has had to deal with the Schneider situation I assume that put the Hall dealings on the backburner a bit since it didn't need to be addressed right away, but I believe there's still a chance they come to an agreement within the next 3-4 weeks.   If we've learned anything about Shero it's that he's patient, and he usually has a plan.

5 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

This is right around the time that I said from the beginning of the season where I thought Hall would possibly be signing an extension.  Given that Shero has had to deal with the Schneider situation I assume that put the Hall dealings on the backburner a bit since it didn't need to be addressed right away, but I believe there's still a chance they come to an agreement within the next 3-4 weeks.   If we've learned anything about Shero it's that he's patient, and he usually has a plan.

You are very optimistic for an NJDevs poster. 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You are very optimistic for an NJDevs poster. 

If there was a book written about my life, an apt title might be "Going against the grain". 😐

18 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I mean, it’s almost like it’s meant to be, if Johnny hockey wasn’t actually a Flyers fan.

I would do a trade centered around Hall for Johnny Hockey in a heartbeat.  Would have to give Calgary rights to speak with Hall's agent about an extension prior to the trade to make the deal work, but it is something I hope Shero is entertaining if not actively looking into at this point.  

1 hour ago, Chuck the Duck said:

I would do a trade centered around Hall for Johnny Hockey in a heartbeat.  Would have to give Calgary rights to speak with Hall's agent about an extension prior to the trade to make the deal work, but it is something I hope Shero is entertaining if not actively looking into at this point.  

I mean that's obvious. If they are looking to move him, and Hall is not re-signing, Ray should be all over that idea, whether its +/- other assets or not. 

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

If there was a book written about my life, an apt title might be "Going against the grain". 😐

I thought that was @SterioDesign’s thing...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I thought that was @SterioDesign’s thing...

His book is entitled “I’m Always Contrary...No I’m Not!”

In French, of course. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4