Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

Hall will be eligible to sign an extension on July 1st. Rumblings will certainly be coming out in the coming weeks about his injury and whether he is amiable to the idea of spending the rest of his career in New Jersey. All Hall talk/rumors should go here.  

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Nobody can say why lol. “Lower body injury” is all you get. 

"Doc, I went to pee and I swear, it was like FIRE coming out, pretty sure I incinerated half the toilet, I've heard that could be some kind of VD, like gonorrhea..."

"No son...that's what you call a LOWER BODY INJURY..."

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

"Doc, I went to pee and I swear, it was like FIRE coming out, pretty sure I incinerated half the toilet, I've heard that could be some kind of VD, like gonorrhea..."

"No son...that's what you call a LOWER BODY INJURY...:

Exactly!!! Taylor Hall missed like 40+ games with a sore wee wee. 

One thing I'm definitely NOT going to do is try to read into everything Taylor says...always a dangerous game, and there's always quotes than can be picked apart one way or the other. 

I'm pretty much in the same camp as some others though...if Shero makes him a very fair offer, and this doesn't get done...much as it might suck, and though there's a good chance that the Devils won't get equal value...I think the Devils have gotta try to move him.  I know Lou will always get shredded in certain circles for the way he did business, with some UFAs leaving for zilcho, but the situation was a little different back then...maybe he misread things, maybe he was trying to hard to keep a sinking ship afloat out of loyalty to some of the old guard like Marty and Elias, but his teams were relevant for a long time...and that 2012 Finals appearance probably skewered his perception even more, re:  what he really had to work with. 

It's different here right now, obviously...one playoff appearance that showed how far away the Devils still are from the top.  I don't think this team is that far away from sustained relevance, but I also don't think it can fvck around on this one...losing Hall for nothing will set this thing back.  Gotta get some legit pieces if he's got cold feet.

On Hall's side, no offense dude, not saying 2018-19 was your fault...but you missed a sh!tload of games, and you're just physically fragile enough that the Devils would be taking a big risk in bringing you back...and to their credit, they seem VERY willing to take that risk, no questions asked.

Now, ALL of the above being said...my gut tells me that Hall getting an extension is actually going to go very smoothly, and I think it's going to get done with very little drama or fanfare.   I just get the feeling he likes it here and can see past the present.  I also think that he simply trusts and respects Shero. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, titans04 said:

he says the right things but the gaps that they may of had are really canyon sized craters. 

i don't think it's as big as we think though. Getting a few key players to fill certain roles would push down other players in their perfect role which would be perfect.

• Like 2

To me, it sounds pretty simple.  Hall wants some indication that Ray is committed to bringing in good proven players instead of "stick with the plan" and "build through the draft."  It sounds like that's not going to an issue based on what Ray has said and done with what was a mini-tank and based on what you hear the TSN and Sportsnet people say.  The issue will be is Hall going to wait and see whether Shero can pull off various moves before signing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

To me, it sounds pretty simple.  Hall wants some indication that Ray is committed to bringing in good proven players instead of "stick with the plan" and "build through the draft."  It sounds like that's not going to an issue based on what Ray has said and done with what was a mini-tank and based on what you hear the TSN and Sportsnet people say.  The issue will be is Hall going to wait and see whether Shero can pull off various moves before signing. 

The draft will be really important this year cause it's going to dictate a lot. Say we somehow get Hughes... well then we have 2 attractive top 6 centers that could make guys like Panarin or Skinner consider signing here. If we get a guy not NHL ready, a Dman or a RW... then it will make it a bit more difficult for Shero to lure them.

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

The draft will be really important this year cause it's going to dictate a lot. Say we somehow get Hughes... well then we have 2 attractive top 6 centers that could make guys like Panarin or Skinner consider signing here. If we get a guy not NHL ready, a Dman or a RW... then it will make it a bit more difficult for Shero to lure them.

If the Devils get Hughes or Kakko, their 2020 first round pick should be made available for someone like Trouba or perhaps for an offersheet.

Just now, Daniel said:

If the Devils get Hughes or Kakko, their 2020 first round pick should be made available for someone like Trouba or perhaps for an offersheet.

hum... seeing what went down in Ottawa and Colorado getting their pick this year it would make me very very nervous to trade a first

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

hum... seeing what went down in Ottawa and Colorado getting their pick this year it would make me very very nervous to trade a first

It would have to be lottery protected, or at the very least top 5 protected. 

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

We will have drafted number 1 or 2 in two of the past three drafts and will have another number 1 pick on the roster.  We also have multiple picks in the second and third round this year and the entire core of the team won't be heading into the last year of their deals.  We're also not owned by Eugene Melnyk.  You can take a gamble just like Calgary did.

And based on what happened to Ottawa, you'd be selling high.

Again though, it depends on drafting one or two this year.

22 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i don't think it's as big as we think though. Getting a few key players to fill certain roles would push down other players in their perfect role which would be perfect.

Hope you're right, I don't see it.  We have a boat load of guys that just don't move the needle.  I don't see high ceilings for many that we are relying on to elevate the teams play.  More often than not they were doormats. Worst part to me is it wasn't a lack of effort it was running out of talent.

Hopefully Shero does something to bring it talented guys that will actually make a difference.

i think it's pretty clear it's not going to be about money or comfort in NJ. I think he'll get the number he wants and he's fine here.

this is going to come down to what can Ray do from the draft through 7/1 and then Hall will make his decision. I don't think there's any way he's signing on 7/1. Maybe he signs a week or two later after Ray makes draft/trade/UFA but until then, he's not signing. And if Ray can't make something happen besides some random depth guy and the 5th pick who won't be in the NHL for 2 years, Hall will say, "let's see how things go". And then you must trade him. You simply cannot start next season with Hall on the roster and not signed to an extension.

To say - well, if he doesn't sign, we'll just trade him at the deadline is a HUGE gamble. Because what if you're fighting for a playoff spot - you can't deal him. And even if they stink again and put him out there, they're not going to get more than a 1st from a good team. Trading him in the offseason - you can get pieces you can use next year.

It is almost imperative that they land one of the first two picks so that they can point to both hall and any UFA's to say here's your top 6 next year:

hall-nico-palms

bratt-hughes-xxx

or

hall-nico-palms

bratt-xxxx-kakko

• Like 2