Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

One thing I'm definitely NOT going to do is try to read into everything Taylor says...

Yup, because if I recall, Tavares was saying all of those things about Long Island as well. 

Until Taylor puts pen to paper, I will be skeptical. 

• Like 1

You almost get the impression that Hall is to Shero what Marty was to Lou...that there's a little something transcending the typical player/GM relationship.  Almost a little like partners.

• Like 1

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

You almost get the impression that Hall is to Shero what Marty was to Lou...that there's a little something transcending the typical player/GM relationship.  Almost a little like partners.

Like Kinkyisth3best and Taylor?

#PartnersInLove,PartnersInLife

:)

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup, because if I recall, Tavares was saying all of those things about Long Island as well. 

Until Taylor puts pen to paper, I will be skeptical. 

For me, it's more he says one thing, then it's "OK, he's staying", but then says something else:  "Aw fvck, he's outta here!"  People look for that smoking gun all of the time...not me.

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Like Kinkyisth3best and Taylor?

#PartnersInLove,PartnersInLife

:)

Not sure Shero's and Taylor's feelings go that deep...

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I truly feel that way too. 

A lot of it goes back to that five-plus hour dinner exit meeting they had where a lot was discussed. Shero asked Hall straight up where he thought his game was, on a percentage basis. Hall asked Shero to go first and said 35 percent. Hall thought it was closer to fifty so they agreed to meet in the middle. Shero realizes the talent that comes with Taylor Hall and doesn’t want him to just become content with losing.

I feel that was a pivotal point in Hall's career since he had his best season following that and then he kept on saying how the support he's been getting in NJ, the culture and chemistry he had with other players is not something he ever got in Edm etc

It might be naive but i could see Hall feeling like he "owe" Shero something or that he feels they can do something special together if they are patient

That being said. If Shero cannot sign him this summer he has to trade him. But he knows that and i trust him 110% 

• Like 2

Very good synopsis of everything Hall had to say yesterday...if anything, unlike many players who say very little, or just enough to leave a lot open to interpretation either way, it seems like Hall is being very upfront and honest about what he wants to see.  Can't say that any of his quotes come off as out-of-line, and I get the impression that Shero knows this offseason has very much reached "Put up or shut up" time (maybe a little quicker than he would've liked)...I have NO issues with how he's handled re-building this team to date, but he's going to have to be very aggressive and at his most creative...he's got the picks and he's got the cap space to make things happen.  Obviously sounds like Hall is very open to sticking around under the right circumstances...as much as I hate trying to read too much into what these guys say, I'd go so far as to say I think he PREFERS to stay, but really needs to see Shero work some magic with the rest of the roster. 

https://www.nhl.com/news/new-jersey-devils-taylor-hall-wants-to-upgrade-roster/c-306598778 

• Like 1

I've been on record saying I'd be a little cautious throwing the bank at Hall and I still feel that way, but with that said, I think if this organization loses Hall, it will change the identity of the team and we will not be competitive for quite a while.  It's already been a good 5 years of not being a playoff contender on a regular basis, last season notwithstanding, and if we lose our most valuable impact player, I think this team re-enters the rebuild it has been trying to go through the past 2-3 seasons and essentially starts back from square one.  Hall is the cornerstone of this team, and he's still young enough to build around.  I think the right approach is to offer him a deal that is smart for the team yet fair to him, and hope that he remains healthy and will be here until (and maybe after) he hits that magical age of 35.  Hall is still the reason players will look to come here.  Sure Nico has a lot of potential and we may get another impact player in this year's draft (fingers crossed), but Hall is the guy.  

I still believe in Hall's talent, and I think the guy has the right attitude.  He's a player I want here for the next several years, but at the right price.  I don't see him or the organization dragging this out very long, nor do I see either of them as being potential roadblocks to getting a deal done.  I think they both know what they have to offer and will be willing to tender and accept a reasonable deal that makes both parties happy.  

10 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Idc about the right price. Give him whatever he wants. You would overpay a player like Hall in FA anyway, might as well take care of our own guy. 

I get back in December people didn't want to jump to conclusions, but his knee doesn't scare you now, especially after having been to 3 world-class doctors and not being able to get a unified answer or conclusion about it?  

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

I get back in December people didn't want to jump to conclusions, but his knee doesn't scare you now, especially after having been to 3 world-class doctors and not being able to get a unified answer or conclusion about it?  

Not really, no. He said he usually starts skating again in June every year, so they’ll know what his status is before July 1st. 

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Not really, no. He said he usually starts skating again in June every year, so they’ll know what his status is before July 1st. 

True.  I guess we'll know more then.  When they eventually offer him a deal, I can't imagine they'll go into many specifics about why they did what they did, at least not if one of the reasons is his knee, but if it's anything less than 8yrs/11M per, I think that'll speak for itself. 

Hall is obviously very clear with wanting to see what the organization is going to do to correct the problem of sucking, and thats fair..they've sucked since 12' and after this season I'm sure its quite discouraging. We have to hope Shero makes some moves, hall said tonight is the first step in seeing what happens..as we all know, if we can land that first or second star out of this draft thats already a huge move in the right direction for both Hall and the devils.

trading hall has it's own issues in that you need a team to think that a one year rental with a good chance at resigning him is the one that's going to go for it.

florida actually is one that comes to mind right away - they just got Q. they are almost assuredly going to sign one of, if not both of panarin and bobrovski. that is a team on the rise. maybe a trade around trocheck?

1 hour ago, sundstrom said:

trading hall has it's own issues in that you need a team to think that a one year rental with a good chance at resigning him is the one that's going to go for it.

florida actually is one that comes to mind right away - they just got Q. they are almost assuredly going to sign one of, if not both of panarin and bobrovski. that is a team on the rise. maybe a trade around trocheck?

Trocheck doesn't really interest me.  I've never really liked the style of game he plays, and I don't see the same leadership qualities that Hall brings.  I'd almost rather have Huberdeau, but even that doesn't really interest me, at least not as the main piece in a deal.  I'd look to other teams.

Edited by NJDfan1711

42 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Trocheck doesn't really interest me.  I've never really liked the style of game he plays, and I don't see the same leadership qualities that Hall brings.  I'd almost rather have Huberdeau, but even that doesn't really interest me, at least not as the main piece in a deal.  I'd look to other teams.

Just keep in mind you're probably not going to get equal value, and there's probably a good chance you're going to initially be underwhelmed by any return.  He's coming off a season where he missed 49 games, and has missed games before...his value probably isn't quite as high at the moment as we think. 

But, considering the state of the team, I don't think Shero should take any chances.  Get what you can, if Hall doesn't seem like he's a sure thing to stay. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

we should be trying to do everything we can to retain hall. To lose yet another star would really just be miserable. If he does have to be moved package something with him and try to get something of equivalent value in return I guess.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

Canmot let Hall hit the open market. If he did, I could totally see Lou trying to sign him to a mega contract just to screw this franchise. 

Since every team in the NHL would love to sign last year's MVP I think Lou would do it to improve the Leafs, not screw the Devils, as would every GM in the league

32 minutes ago, SC Devs Fan said:

Since every team in the NHL would love to sign last year's MVP I think Lou would do it to improve the Leafs, not screw the Devils, as would every GM in the league

Lol. I think you mean the Isles and I could totally see Lou inviting Hall's good friend Eberle to join them for dinner. 

Well, I hope that doesn't happen obviously.  I would love to see Ebs, Anders Lee, or Duschene on this team though. Throw in Hughes and we got a team to get excited about. 

I don't think Hall is going anywhere, especially if we draft Hughes. 

I think a big benefit to us is he got to experience how miserable it is to play in a city where "fans" harrass you when you're out and about.

Here he is loved by the fan base but he can still live his out of the rink life as a relative unknown which is a great benefit that I don't think gets talked about as much as it should. 

We have our practice rink next door to the arena, you can go to the beach or nyc anytime you want. Plenty of areas to grow a family if that's your thing. Hell, you can buy a farm if that's your thing too. 

The Devils should hire me to pitch to free agents to sign here. I sure as hell could convince most players to do it over signing with a ton of the other garbage cities and states in the league. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 3