Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

I think soon Andy Greene should show how much of a true leader he is... walk into Shero's office, rip the C from his jersey and slide it on the desk and say that he knows what's best for the team and wants that to be part of the pitch to Hall for an extension.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I think soon Andy Greene should show how much of a true leader he is... walk into Shero's office, rip the C from his jersey and slide it on the desk and say that he knows what's best for the team and wants that to be part of the pitch to Hall for an extension.

I don't think a lot of people within the organization see AG the way a lot of us do. Himself included. I don't see this happening without pressure from management. 

5 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I don't think a lot of people within the organization see AG the way a lot of us do. Himself included. I don't see this happening without pressure from management. 

Yeah, it’s doubtful. I fully expect him to be Captain next year. 

If an extension is signed, I fully expect it to be Taylor the next year when Andy is gone. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Everyone on the team respects Greene and he’s going into the last year of his deal.  Hall’s decision will not depend on whether or not he’s named captain next year.  And if it is, I almost would be willing to say good riddance.

Whatever, what happened last night makes it like a 90 percent that’s he’s staying.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Can't see any scenario where Taylor doesn't sign now after getting the first pick.  Huge win/win last night.

16 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Whatever, what happened last night makes it like a 90 percent that’s he’s staying.

You guys are THAT sure of it?

20 hours ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

I think Shero should offer Karlsson whatever the hell he wants and bring in Jordan Eberle.

It’s no secret that Eberle and Hall are best friends. If you give him 5/32.5 I think he signs it, we can easily afford to overpay. 

Hall-Nico-Eberle

Bratt-Hughes-Palmieri

Boqvist-Zacha-Coleman

Wood-Zajac-Who The fvck Cares 

Karlsson-Greene

Smith-Severson

Butcher - Who The Fvck Cares

i like it when I can dream. 

I actually didn't know Hall and Eberle are best friends, but knowing that now, it makes a lot more sense for him to come here and I'm starting to think it could be a reality.  The lines for the forwards that you presented also seem reasonable, and pretty damn good.  It would be easy to slot someone into that 4th line winger spot, probably Q or maybe a cheap free agent signing.  The only issue I see is that didn't people say Boqvist isn't likely to come over here next season?

Regarding the defense, I don't see us getting Karlsson, but that's a separate discussion. 

10 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I actually didn't know Hall and Eberle are best friends, but knowing that now, it makes a lot more sense for him to come here and I'm starting to think it could be a reality.  The lines for the forwards that you presented also seem reasonable, and pretty damn good.  It would be easy to slot someone into that 4th line winger spot, probably Q or maybe a cheap free agent signing.  The only issue I see is that didn't people say Boqvist isn't likely to come over here next season?

Regarding the defense, I don't see us getting Karlsson, but that's a separate discussion. 

So to recap:

• Hall skates with Hughes, so Hughes definitely wants to come here
  • Same as above, means Hall definitely wants to sign an extension here and play with Hughes
  • Hall and Eberle are best friends, so Eberle wants to come here. 

Does Hall know any good defensemen??

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

He’s on the Isles...

fvck.  

To that point...wasn't their offense in general down this year?  Feel like Trotz made them defense-first, especially the goaltending holding them in most games (Greiss and Lehner had what seemed like career years, each)

2 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

fvck.  

To that point...wasn't their offense in general down this year?  Feel like Trotz made them defense-first, especially the goaltending holding them in most games (Greiss and Lehner had what seemed like career years, each)

Could be it. I didn’t watch them much other than against the Devils. 

31 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

So to recap:

• Hall skates with Hughes, so Hughes definitely wants to come here
  • Same as above, means Hall definitely wants to sign an extension here and play with Hughes
  • Hall and Eberle are best friends, so Eberle wants to come here. 

Does Hall know any good defensemen??

Seems like you have it all covered, and from what I just learned after having a brain fart and thinking he was still on the Oilers, him being on LI and relatively close would mean either he doesn't even have to move at all, or at the very least wouldn't have to move very far - win win!

being canadian i will always have a soft spot for Eberle because of that goal he scored at the world juniors but i'm not sure at this point that i'd want him on the Devils... he's probably a 50-60 pts guy not doing much else on the ice when he's not scoring and he's been criticized quite a bit for . He should get a similar contract around 6m too.... i dunno... he's really borderline for me. Budget wize he could be a good gamble but i could see him not panning out cause there's a lot of knocks on his all around game. But just like he could do super well in our system, who knows

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Boqvist can still play with Devils, the contract he signed lets him leave to play in NHL.

• Like 1

Just now, hrasvalg said:

Boqvist can still play with Devils, the contract he signed lets him leave to play in NHL.

Oh true, that's cool.  Didn't know that - thanks!  

Have to imagine the chances of him making it next year are fairly good.  Can't really say anyone else impressed all that much, and lord knows they had their changes and opportunities to showcase their skills and try to secure a spot on the team...most guys got a good 10-15 games or more down the stretch of solid minutes and ice time when we were putting out there a team of almost entirely AHLers.

At this point I'm starting to hope that Hall agrees to take less money than he otherwise might to help the team fit in more talent, perhaps in exchange for getting as much money up front in bonuses as possible.  Like not a whole lot less, but perhaps something like $9 million AAV as opposed to the $11 million he could probably hold out for.

If he agrees to that, the Devils could probably in theory give out a $13 million AAV deal to someone, maybe an offersheet to Marner that the Leafs can't match.

Edited by Daniel

16 minutes ago, Daniel said:

At this point I'm starting to hope that Hall agrees to take less money than he otherwise might to help the team fit in more talent, perhaps in exchange for getting as much money up front in bonuses as possible.  Like not a whole lot less, but perhaps something like $9 million AAV as opposed to the $11 million he could probably hold out for.

If he agrees to that, the Devils could probably in theory give out a $13 million AAV deal to someone, maybe an offersheet to Marner that the Leafs can't match.

No player is worth 4 unprotected 1st round picks outside of McDavid imo.

image.png.f6890953d5856f14d01e06c03e2d4d04.png

I'm not even crazy about the idea of giving up two first round picks.  Unless you're getting Marner for less than 8.118M AAV I don't want him, which he wouldn't agree to anyway.

• Like 2