Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

In our hearts and minds maybe but realistically we don't know what offers he would be presented with. IF winning is the most important thing to him maybe he would take less to to elsewhere.  My only point is we simply don't know.  I still believe he stays.

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

We are his his best shot. 

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Yea, disagree on that right now. We're a lot better than we were last week for sure, but not quite that good.

Yeah that’s ridiculous. 

How are we his best chance at this point? Obvious choice for max money but I don't see it as his best chance at a cup, we still have miles to go to even compete seriously for one.

We don't know what other options he would even have on the table if he was willing to take less money and term.

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah that’s ridiculous. 

Either he buys in or he doesn’t. Believes in what we’re doing here or doesn’t believe in it. If he signs by the end of the summer, he’s telling you he agrees with me. If he doesn’t, well.... like I said, goodbye, and go fvck yourself.

3 minutes ago, titans04 said:

How are we his best chance at this point? Obvious choice for max money but I don't see it as his best chance at a cup, we still have miles to go to even compete seriously for one.

We don't know what other options he would even have on the table if he was willing to take less money and term.

He’s signing an eight year deal. If this team isn’t a Cup contender in two to three more years, shoot me. How is this difficult to grasp?

Edited by MadDog2020

17 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Either he buys in or he doesn’t. Believes in what we’re doing here or doesn’t believe in it. If he signs by the end of the summer, he’s telling you he agrees with me. If he doesn’t, well.... like I said, goodbye, and go fvck yourself.

He’s signing an eight year deal. If this team isn’t a Cup contender in two to three more years, shoot me. How is this difficult to grasp?

That’s fine. But we just missed the playoffs for how many years, minus one? Are we his “best chance”? No, wouldn’t the teams who went deep be his “best shot”?

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s fine. But we just missed the playoffs for how many years, minus one? Are we his “best chance”? No, wouldn’t the teams who went deep be his “best shot”?

Right now they would be, of course. But it isn’t all about right now. I think Hall knows we aren’t winning the Cup next season. This is about the next eight seasons after that, and what his chances are then. There is literally no way to predict that without a time machine. A leap of faith is going to be required here. If he’d rather go to Tampa or Boston or some other fvckstick organization that’s closer to winning right now, he can, like I said earlier, fvck right off.

Edited by MadDog2020

38 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Yea, disagree on that right now. We're a lot better than we were last week for sure, but not quite that good.

Do you think STL is that much better than us? I don’t. 

We just need Cory to return to form, or Blackwood to go on a Binnington type run. Or ideally, both. 

The rest of the team is shaping up nicely. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

We just need Cory to return to form, or Blackwood to go on a Binnington type run. Or ideally, both. 

A lot of people here really have Grass is Greener syndrome. 

11 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

We're talking about who has the best chance. Obviously, no one saw STL happening. There is a big difference between being seen as a cup contender and making a historical run. It's not like those happen every year. 

no it's not about it always being greener it's believing there are teams that are much closer than we are to winning a cup and how much sense would it make to acknowledge we're a few years away which makes us the best option?  It doesn't add up.  Again though I think he stays but not because we're his best chance to win.  Not for nothing MD is he's the one and only here why give him an artificial deadline to sign by or you're willing to ship him out?  

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

We're talking about who has the best chance. Obviously, no one saw STL happening. There is a big difference between being seen as a cup contender and making a historical run. It's not like those happen every year. 

Right, but the team’s that have had the best chances (TB, TOR, SJ, NSH, etc) the last few years haven’t won sh!t. Now maybe Hall thinks he can be that missing piece, but I also think he’s smart enough to know there’s no guarantees. At the end of the day it will be how much he trusts Shero. 

20 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Well they did win the cup after being junk into January, and while we stunk we won the ping pong ball lottery twice in the past three years. 

1 minute ago, titans04 said:

Well they did win the cup after being junk into January, and while we stunk we won the ping pong ball lottery twice in the past three years. 

So that’s a yes, you think STL has a significantly better roster than NJ?

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

So that’s a yes, you think STL has a significantly better roster than NJ?

Yes I think stanley  cup champs  have  a better team.   You're essentially saying you feel we're better than the cup champs?  We're the two time pingpong ball champs. Again he still stays imo.

11 minutes ago, titans04 said:

no it's not about it always being greener it's believing there are teams that are much closer than we are to winning a cup and how much sense would it make to acknowledge we're a few years away which makes us the best option?  It doesn't add up.  Again though I think he stays but not because we're his best chance to win.  Not for nothing MD is he's the one and only here why give him an artificial deadline to sign by or you're willing to ship him out?  

Because every day he hasn’t signed he gets asked about it. Everyone else gets asked about it. It then becomes a distraction. Then there always the possibility he gets hurt, tanking his value. Not dealing with that sh!t. Sign by the end of the summer, or be traded. Hall’s choice.

2 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Yes I think stanley  cup champs  have  a better team.   You're essentially saying you feel we're better than the cup champs?  We're the two time pingpong ball champs. Again he still stays imo.

Well, I disagree they have a significantly better roster. They have a good defense, but we just added a Norris trophy winner, and Ty Smith will be on the team this year. The big difference, and the reason they went on such a run, was goaltending. But I’m hopeful Blackwood is the guy. 

9 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Stanley Cup Champs, better than a team that missed the playoffs by a mile? Are you sure??

40651153642_d529e588ac_b.jpg

The last couple times the Devils made a splash as big as trading for Subban good things happened. Kovalchuk helped them make a Cup run, and Hall helped them return to relevance, make the playoffs for the first time in forever, and won an MVP. Here’s hoping the third time is the charm...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Probably not. I like our chances much more now with Hughes, Subban, and Smith, though. 

Subban sure. The other two guys have proven nothing to me. Neither has made an NHL team yet. I’m hopeful. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

The last couple times the Devils made a splash as big as trading for Subban good things happened. Kovalchuk helped them make a Cup run, and Hall helped them return to relevance, make the playoffs for the first time in forever, and won an MVP. Here’s hoping the third time is the charm...