Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

And absolutely nobody thought he improved their chances before he played a game in the NHL. Or after, for that matter. 

That’s because he wasn’t a highly touted #1OA. I think it’s reasonable to expect Hughes makes a big impact pretty quickly. Nico did (Hall doesn’t win the MVP without him), and Hughes is probably a lot better than him. 

6 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

That’s because he wasn’t a highly touted #1OA. I think it’s reasonable to expect Hughes makes a big impact pretty quickly. Nico did (Hall doesn’t win the MVP without him), and Hughes is probably a lot better than him. 

I’m not sure if I agree about Hall not winning without Nico. The reason he won is because he took the team on his back into the playoffs with zero help. If he had help, he wouldn’t have won. 

If anything, I think Nico’s stats reflect Hall’s success rather than vise versa. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

I’m not sure if I agree about Hall not winning without Nico. The reason he won is because he took the team on his back into the playoffs with zero help. If he had help, he wouldn’t have won. 

If anything, I think Nico’s stats reflect Hall’s success rather than vise versa. 

So you think he would have won it with Zajac or Zacha centering his line? I don’t. 

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

So you think he would have won it with Zajac or Zacha centering his line? I don’t. 

Dont try to get me to say something positive about Zacha...

But honestly, yes. He’d have elevated either guys’ stats that year. 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Dont try to get me to say something positive about Zacha...

But honestly, yes. He’d have elevated either guys’ stats that year. 

I usually agree with you, but not on this. No way he wins it playing with either of those two all season, imo. He went from 53 points playing with Zajac the year before to 93 the next. The only real difference was Nico. 

But yes, he did put the team on his back. Nico was just the least burdensome to carry. ;)

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I usually agree with you, but not on this. No way he wins it playing with either of those two all season, imo. He went from 53 points playing with Zajac the year before to 93 the next. The only real difference was Nico. 

But yes, he did put the team on his back. Nico was just the least burdensome to carry. ;)

Nico has 52 points, Zajac had 45 the season before. Difference is negligible. Both were higher because of Hall. 

That was the entire argument behind Hall winning. Take him off that team they don’t only miss the playoffs, they finish dead last. 

18 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

How about this...our second best LW was Miles Wood that year. Would Nico have scored 20G and 32A if he centered Miles Wood all year? Or did playing with the 93 point MVP perhaps help his numbers?

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

How about this...our second best LW was Miles Wood that year. Would Nico have scored 20G and 32A if he centered Miles Wood all year? Or did playing with the 93 point MVP perhaps help his numbers?

Ofc he benefited from playing with Hall, but he also put up almost the same numbers playing without him for more than half this past season. Hall has publicly given Nico part of the credit for his Hart btw. https://wfan.radio.com/articles/news/devils-taylor-hall-credits-nico-hischier-helping-him-win-hart-trophy

Now you’ll probably say he’s just being humble, and a good teammate, but I happen to think there’s some truth to it. 

Anyway, this all started because I said Nico stepped right in and had an impact. And I think that’s undeniable. Hopefully Hughes has an even bigger one. That’s all I was saying. 

Hall wont sign unless he see them ready enough to go deep into the playoffs. He's taking a page right out of of Tavares' book. I think he's going to drag his feet and then opt for a Canadian team like Calgary, Montreal or Vancouver. The Devils better be poised to trade him and get a very good return.

Let’s start REALLY being paranoid. Let’s try to follow where he is and then speculate without basis as to what it means. 

Last tweet retweeted on Taylor’s account shows him hanging out with Luke Gadzic  and Darnell Nurse in Canada. 

Clearly he plans to go back to Edmonton. 

its understandable why everyone is crazy over this, we've been burned in the past so of course naturally everyone thinks its going to happen again. On top of the way he is going about it, we all know you can't force players to play here.. but with this current situation if he tries to hold us hostage ( which it already kind of feels that way to an extent) I wish we would look into bringing in someone maybe off of an offer sheet to attempt replacing him when he decides to go elsewhere so we aren't left feeling like sorry losers again.

10 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

On top of the way he is going about it, we all know you can't force players to play here.. but with this current situation if he tries to hold us hostage ( which it already kind of feels that way to an extent)

He’s not a free agent, so he’s not holding anyone hostage. He’s still under contract, and we still have cap room to give him a raise next year so it’s not like we are missing out on any deals because of it. 

I’d like to see a deal done, it doesn’t need to be now, but it needs to be soon. If he’s not staying, he needs to be traded before he gets hurt again.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

its understandable why everyone is crazy over this, we've been burned in the past so of course naturally everyone thinks its going to happen again.

Yeah it’s whiny and really fvcking annoying too. Devils fans are insufferable with this sh!t. If anyone ever needed to take a collective pill it’s this fvcking fanbase.

Edited by MadDog2020

14 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

He’s not a free agent, so he’s not holding anyone hostage. He’s still under contract, and we still have cap room to give him a raise next year so it’s not like we are missing out on any deals because of it. 

I’d like to see a deal done, it doesn’t need to be now, but it needs to be soon. If he’s not staying, he needs to be traded before he gets hurt again.

Exactly. Still, that won’t stop the endless whiny Parise PTSD bullsh!t.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

its understandable why everyone is crazy over this, we've been burned in the past so of course naturally everyone thinks its going to happen again.

When it comes to the topic of free agency it seems there are two camps of Devils fans.. those who are weary of any uncertainty surrounding our own players and those who brush it aside.

Brushing things aside was all the rage during the Lou years because you knew where Lou stood and players would usually walk away for nothing in return. With Shero, we're hoping it's different. If a player wants to test the market (like Hall does based on what he's saying) we're hoping management doesn't sit idly by and has a plan ready to go.