Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

22 minutes ago, bobilly45 said:

I think they wait to see how hall recovers from now his surgery.  Imo that makes the most amount of sense for ray and the devils.  Why dish out a Yuge contract for damaged goods?

And it makes total sense for anyone who wants him in free agency next year too!!

Damn, so many people ready to push Hall to the curb. I for one am hoping, and optimistic, that he's going to be 100% and that he signs a long-term deal with us and will be here for the long haul.  I called it a while back though and people thought I was crazy in regards to the contract that he gets, if he gets one at all, and how it would/should be approached cautiously and given some thought before they just throw a blank check at him.  I really don't want to see him traded though, even if the return was fair or swayed slightly in our favor.  The guy is a great player and seems to be a model teammate on and off the ice.  We've been lacking leadership for a while and if we can lock him up for several years at a reasonable price, I can see him being the cornerstone of this team for the next several years and hopefully leading us to multiple Cups.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Antiquated Colorado Rockie said:

I think Hall goes into the season without signing an extension but then signs one before Christmas.

I think he wants to play in Canada. Even after he was traded here, he was talking about going back to Edmonton. Now he’s eligible for extension and hasn’t signed one. My fear is the writing is on the wall here. 

29 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I think he wants to play in Canada. Even after he was traded here, he was talking about going back to Edmonton. Now he’s eligible for extension and hasn’t signed one. My fear is the writing is on the wall here. 

Really? Sure he'd probably love to play in Toronto or maybe his hometown of Calgary but neither has cap room. Maybe I missed some comments. From comments of his that I have heard, he really likes the area he's in.

My theory is that he has been on almost all bad teams since the day he was drafted and places a high value on being on a winning team and he just wants to see how the Devils are on the ice for real in the fall. And I think we'll be very competitive and he'll want to stay. 

at this point if he doesn't want to stay that fine, but he should come forward and tell us this and where he would prefer to go. If we can move him somewhere he wants t sign an extension and trade an extended hall obviously the return would be much larger. Hope we don't allow him to just string us along like a bunch of dopes, and not end up getting maximum return for him

As far as timeline of signing goes - yeah, the Devils need to do everything to sign him before the season starts. This isn't because the market for him will diminish but simply put, because the closer we get to July 1st, 2020, the more likely and tempted Hall is to go UFA. That said, I take Ray sincerely when he says it's not just a one-way street - he needs to see if Hall is still on board with the vision of the team and is excited to be a part of what they're building before shelling out a big offer.

What we've seen so far, from the little we have seen, is mixed messages, such is the nature of trying to dissect every little quote and rumor during the offseason. Hall seemed to be excited about the team adding Subban when it happened - such was evident in his checkmark text to Ray and his Tweet at PK. On the other hand, on Canadian radio the other day, he didn't sound overly optimistic about the team or re-signing here. But I get that that's how Hall is with the media to an extent - very honest/analytical but devoid of emotion.

Edited by Neb00rs

9 hours ago, Guadana said:

If trade will come and I think it will be better for us in long run - my chose is high level defenseman prospect. Like byram or q Hughes. 

We have enough forwards and f prospects. Our d young squad is much thinner.

You’re not getting Byram or Quinn Hughes for 1 year of Taylor Hall. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

You’re not getting Byram or Quinn Hughes for 1 year of Taylor Hall. 

I’m getting nothing, I’m not hall’s owner. But you aren’t byram’s. 

1 mvp year is expensive. 1 year or 9 years - who knows. 

Or we can trade him for 2nd and 3rd  - because it’s Shero, isn’t it? No, it isn’t.

28 minutes ago, Derlique said:

I know ownership and Shero have stated they want to get Hall done but I wonder if they aren't comfortable giving Hall a high AAV (11+) or term (7-8 years) until they see how he looks next year.

If we need to shop him, is Nylander too much to ask? Hall gets paid 6 mil this year, Nylander almost 7 mil (a lil a savings) Every lil bit counts!

2 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Whatever happens, I'm confident Shero will make the correct decisions. 

I'm with you, based on this summer. I just don't want to lose him for nothing, nor picks only. With how this team is constructed, we're in a good position to make the playoffs, and if the near-ready prospects make impacts soon, could be nearing that contender status in a few short years.

On 8/11/2019 at 7:22 AM, MB3 said:

If you want to be an a$$hole for semantic’s sake I’ll reiterate what he said: 

the devils aren’t getting Quinn Hughes or Bowen Bryan for one year of Taylor Hall. Period.

If you are in periods so... Ok. I'm agree. Please don't swear.

Cheap stupid jokes incoming.

Edited by Guadana

Taylor Hall was kind of sort of the NHL MVP a year ago. That doesn't come cheap. But the Devils can offer the 8th year to Hall, so I have some hope they can argue for less value in that year (37 years old). The Erik Karlsson signing didn't help though. Karlsson, like Hall, will start his new contract in his 29 year old season and the AAV is 11.5M. I'm not saying that's what Hall is going to get, but you can definitely use that, and Panarin's seven year contract (11.64M AAV), as a guide.  Anything less than 11M and Hall took a team-friendly discount. I highly doubt that will happen.

What I've seen happen with the Hall situation on the fans' end is the echo chamber effect. Enough people in enough corners of Twitter or Facebook groups are projecting enough anxiety at Hall not re-signing yet (and louder and louder), that people are convincing themselves Hall is expendable and should be traded ASAP.

Slow your roll, people, it's still early August. Obviously, some real questions can be asked by November/December if he's not signed yet, but let's get to there first. The amount of people beating the drums for reasons we *should* trade Hall is insufferable. First Hart Trophy winner in a Devils uniform, and one of the best wingers we've ever had (still, despite an injury last season).

You trust that our GM will lock it up within the next few months, and if he doesn't, plenty of time to say the sky is falling and talk about trade scenarios; not sure where the absolute URGENCY has come from all of a sudden within the fanbase, other than self-inflicted as a point of stress and paranoia, and lazy/dubious reporting of the trade talks by people on Twitter who in the end don't have a great handle on the talks one way or another, but need to harvest "clicks" to their sites for ad money.

Edited by DJ Eco
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, DJ Eco said:

What I've seen happen with the Hall situation on the fans' end is the echo chamber effect. Enough people in enough corners of Twitter or Facebook groups are projecting enough anxiety at Hall not re-signing yet (and louder and louder), that people are convincing themselves Hall is expendable and should be traded ASAP.

Slow your roll, people, it's still early August. Obviously, some real questions can be asked by November/December if he's not signed yet, but let's get to there first. The amount of people beating the drums for reasons we *should* trade Hall is insufferable. First Hart Trophy winner in a Devils uniform, and one of the best wingers we've ever had (still, despite an injury last season).

You trust that our GM will lock it up within the next few months, and if he doesn't, plenty of time to say the sky is falling and talk about trade scenarios; not sure where the absolute URGENCY has come from all of a sudden within the fanbase, other than self-inflicted as a point of stress and paranoia, and lazy/dubious reporting of the trade talks by people on Twitter who in the end don't have a great handle on the talks one way or another, but need to harvest "clicks" to their sites for ad money.

Eh maybe.  Some fans are certainly seeing it this way.  Others are just opening up the conversation to trading him and discussing what the haul for a former MVP could be.  Playing out scenarios of trading him for a key player whose timeline more closely syncs with Nico/Smith/Hughes/Bratt/etc.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DJ Eco said:

Well I’d rather trade him now then in-season when the return won’t likely be as good; and so as to not cause disruption within our team. That may be where the angst comes from.