Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

2 hours ago, DJ Eco said:

What I've seen happen with the Hall situation on the fans' end is the echo chamber effect. Enough people in enough corners of Twitter or Facebook groups are projecting enough anxiety at Hall not re-signing yet (and louder and louder), that people are convincing themselves Hall is expendable and should be traded ASAP.

Slow your roll, people, it's still early August. Obviously, some real questions can be asked by November/December if he's not signed yet, but let's get to there first. The amount of people beating the drums for reasons we *should* trade Hall is insufferable. First Hart Trophy winner in a Devils uniform, and one of the best wingers we've ever had (still, despite an injury last season).

You trust that our GM will lock it up within the next few months, and if he doesn't, plenty of time to say the sky is falling and talk about trade scenarios; not sure where the absolute URGENCY has come from all of a sudden within the fanbase, other than self-inflicted as a point of stress and paranoia, and lazy/dubious reporting of the trade talks by people on Twitter who in the end don't have a great handle on the talks one way or another, but need to harvest "clicks" to their sites for ad money.

Your first mistake was reading any of the cancerous content posted on Facebook and most of twitter. Too many people who watch 3 games a year and play NHL 19 but think they're fvcking experts on the team. Complete traaaaaashhhh.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DJ Eco said:

You trust that our GM will lock it up within the next few months, and if he doesn't, plenty of time to say the sky is falling and talk about trade scenarios; not sure where the absolute URGENCY has come from all of a sudden within the fanbase, other than self-inflicted as a point of stress and paranoia, and lazy/dubious reporting of the trade talks by people on Twitter who in the end don't have a great handle on the talks one way or another, but need to harvest "clicks" to their sites for ad money.

This fanbase is paranoid beyond delusion. It’s incredibly annoying.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, devlman said:

Well I’d rather trade him now then in-season when the return won’t likely be as good; and so as to not cause disruption within our team. That may be where the angst comes from.

I'm really not sure the return won't be as good midseason - especially towards the trade deadline when more teams are looking to add that final piece for a playoff run. The impetus to sign Hall, for me, is that everyday that the 2020 offseason grows closer, the more likely he is to test the UFA market.

12 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

I'm really not sure the return won't be as good midseason - especially towards the trade deadline when more teams are looking to add that final piece for a playoff run. The impetus to sign Hall, for me, is that everyday that the 2020 offseason grows closer, the more likely he is to test the UFA market.

He has until September. Waiting til the trade deadline is suicide. Sign by camp or fvck off.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

This fanbase is paranoid beyond delusion. It’s incredibly annoying.

Well to be fair we've been burned by our top players walking for nothing more than any other franchises in the NHL. So the PTSD is somewhat justified. I mean honestly name another team who had as much top talent in their prime just walking in the last 20 years... 

That being said there's no need to be paranoid at this point IMO. Shero has a flawless track record when it comes to that so theres truly nothing suggesting he'll fvck this up

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well to be fair we've been burned by our top players walking for nothing more than any other franchises in the NHL. So the PTSD is somewhat justified. I mean honestly name another team who had as much top talent in their prime just walking in the last 20 years... 

That being said there's no need to be paranoid at this point IMO. Shero has a flawless track record when it comes to that so theres truly nothing suggesting he'll fvck this up

Islanders. 100% of top players. of top player.

35 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Columbus, just this past offseason lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Columbus, just this past offseason lol

Well i guess yeah that was certainly impressive. I did call if from the get-go to that it was incredibly dumb of them to go all-out like that... but yet... 

Nieds, Rafalski, Gomez, Holik, Parise > Bob, Panarin, Duchene.... came incredibly close to add Elias to the list too..

I guess they could match it in a few years tho

18 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Your first mistake was reading any of the cancerous content posted on Facebook and most of twitter. Too many people who watch 3 games a year and play NHL 19 but think they're fvcking experts on the team. Complete traaaaaashhhh.

haha true that

it's what keeps me coming back here, folks!

13 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Well i guess yeah that was certainly impressive. I did call if from the get-go to that it was incredibly dumb of them to go all-out like that... but yet... 

Nieds, Rafalski, Gomez, Holik, Parise > Bob, Panarin, Duchene.... came incredibly close to add Elias to the list too..

I guess they could match it in a few years tho

Don't forget Gionta and Madden as well.

1 hour ago, NewarkDevil5 said:

Yeah and if you put those... while he was never amazing. Clarkson walked when he had the most value he could possibly get after 2 good seasons. We dodged a bullet there in a way but we also left some decent assets on the table holding on to him when he was never going to stay

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, bobilly45 said:

Nhl network gave hall a 30% chance of being resigned before July 1.

20190813_181023.jpg

I mean NHL Network is just the worst. How stupid. I mean, I'm not sure whether Hall will re-sign or not but where do these arbitrary percentages come from? The answer is "out of Mike Johnson's ass."

7 hours ago, NewarkDevil5 said:

Yeah, sure is a shame that the Devils missed out on Madden’s age 36, 37, and 38 seasons (all of which were spent with three different teams, so not like his new employers were so enamored with the older Madden either).  

I get that some people simply cannot help themselves when it comes to bringing this sh!t up time and time again (or using any opportunity to expand on what has been expanded on to death), but now trying to lump Madden into this “Lou just loses all UFAs” diatribe is really absurd.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah, sure is a shame that the Devils missed out on Madden’s age 36, 37, and 38 seasons (all of which were spent with three different teams, so not like his new employers were so enamored with the older Madden either).  

I get that some people simply cannot help themselves when it comes to bringing this sh!t up time and time again (or using any opportunity to expand on what has been expanded on to death), but now trying to lump Madden into this “Lou just loses all UFAs” diatribe is really absurd.  

Meh, I honestly forgot how old Madden was, but really counting Holik and Gomez in retrospect seemed similarly ridiculous. 

I never been one to exaggerate the appeal of coming to NJ - especially in the past few years. But I really don't see any reason to believe that we've had an above average amount of key players leave over the years. When contracts are up players leave for above value deals - that's what UFA is - happens to every team. The Devils have also had plenty of players re-sign with them over the Lou years - even in cases where the player had tensions with Lou (Marty, Patty).

Edited by Neb00rs

4 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It's not as much about the players, it's also about the assets we've literally throw out the window for years leaving the team deprived of assets to restock.

You'd think someone who's fav player on the team was acquired with picks we got a for 43 years old player would understand that. 

Edited by SterioDesign

3 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

The Devils won the division in 2009. There was no way they were going to sell off Gio or Madden at the deadline. Now people are just being silly. 

OR how about just being open to talk contract during the season so you can keep your players and not give them full power to just walk for nothing?  We missed the playoffs the next year you don't think Gionta's 28 goals he got in MTL instead would have helped? then he got 29 goals the year after. 

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

The contract Gionta got was absolutely idiotic and the cap flexibility we had from not making that signing got us Kovalchuk. 

There’s plenty of management you can do with the benefit of hindsight (see: your post count) but this isn’t one of them. 

Actually i don't quite understand the logic of using insight to justify a decision and it's not something i believe in. If it looks like i did that, i was probably coming at it from an other angle and didnt quite explain myself well enough.

2 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

OR how about just being open to talk contract during the season so you can keep your players and not give them full power to just walk for nothing?  We missed the playoffs the next year you don't think Gionta's 28 goals he got in MTL instead would have helped? then he got 29 goals the year after. 

I'm just glad you've stopped obsessing over something that happened 7 years ago and instead have moved on to something that happened 10 years ago. 

We get it. You don't agree with the philosophy that Lou used. You prefer Ray's style. You have beaten this dead horse into the ground, and now you dig it up every other day to beat it some more. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I'm just glad you've stopped obsessing over something that happened 7 years ago and instead have moved on to something that happened 10 years ago. 

We get it. You don't agree with the philosophy that Lou used. You prefer Ray's style. You have beaten this dead horse into the ground, and now you dig it up every other day to beat it some more. 

Seriously. Enough already. 

• Like 2