Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

I can understand Devils are still rebuild, but if Hall, being a pro almost  10 years would want to go to a team that in the mix. (Tampa/Washington et al) which don't have the cap space.unless they room.

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

Not ready to get into the “resentment” category yet. Taylor just started a business, and has otherwise been enjoying a summer with his absolute rocket of a girlfriend. Once it gets to be training camp and he’s in the building, I have a feeling discussions will either ramp up or the trade market will start getting spicy.

its worth noting that there are a dozen incredible hockey players still without deals. There’s no real impending deadline yet.

What kind of business did he start? 

9 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Starting to resent him a bit, ngl. I know it’s a big decision, but ffs already...

Shero came though. If Hall is not convinced at this point he was probably never seriously planning to stay. 

The problem I'm seeing more and more is that some Devils fans are almost acting as though there's a nice offer just rotting on the table that Taylor's hemming and hawing about signing...that somehow the lack of a new deal is all on him.  But based on what little info is out there, it doesn't sound like numbers have been exchanged, or that all that much has really gone on, as far as real negotiations go...almost nothing from Taylor, his agent, or Shero.  No mentions of posturing or impasses or getting close.  The only real bits I've seen allude to neither side being in any major rush to get this done.  Everything else I've seen just seems to be based on unfounded speculation.

I still think this gets done in time, though obviously I can't guarantee it.  It does kinda suck that he's coming off an injury, and has a history of injuries and missing games (though not as many as last year in previous seasons).  Hard to know if that's factoring into Shero possibly taking a "wait and see" approach here.  Like I mentioned, no one involved is really saying much of ANYTHING. 

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The problem I'm seeing more and more is that some Devils fans are almost acting as though there's a nice offer just rotting on the table that Taylor's hemming and hawing about signing...that somehow the lack of a new deal is all on him.  But based on what little info is out there, it doesn't sound like numbers have been exchanged, or that all that much has really gone on, as far as real negotiations go...almost nothing from Taylor, his agent, or Shero.  No mentions of posturing or impasses or getting close.  The only real bits I've seen allude to neither side being in any major rush to get this done.  Everything else I've seen just seems to be based on unfounded speculation.

I still think this gets done in time, though obviously I can't guarantee it.  It does kinda suck that he's coming off an injury, and has a history of injuries and missing games (though not as many as last year in previous seasons).  Hard to know if that's factoring into Shero possibly taking a "wait and see" approach here.  Like I mentioned, no one involved is really saying much of ANYTHING. 

There are some people who are speculating that the team could be waiting to see how Hall returns from the injury and most seem to be of the obviously unfounded belief that a deal doesn't happen this summer. But yeah, we are all speculating based on very limited information. As I can recall, the hints of info we have gotten since the season ended are as follows: 

1. Hall made it clear he'd like to see more talent added to the roster - that seems to be a condition for him sticking around.

2. Shero stated at the end of the season that he was planning on sitting down with Hall later in the offseason to restate the team vision and see where he's at. We don't know if this ever happened yet.

2. After the PK Subban trade, Hall sent Ray a check mark by text.

3. Hall did a Canadian (I think Vancouver-based) radio-interview in late July in which he was pretty clear he hadn't made up his mind yet. He said something along the lines of, "I have to decide soon," in reference to re-signing with the Devils. That not only implies that he, as of that point (a week or so before Gusev trade), hadn't yet made up his mind but also that the ball is in his court. But that isn't totally implied by that. In that interview he also expressed support for Tavares making the decision to go UFA.

4. When Tom Fitzgerald was asked about how the Hall situation is progressing earlier this month,  he stated, " "I know John Hynes flew up (Monday) and had a great meeting with Taylor in Toronto. So, yeah, things seem to be all well there." Obviously that doesn't tell us much.

Other than that we are left in the dark, even moreso than the Isles were with Tavares. We don't even have a quote of Hall stating any specific desire to try to re-sign with the team and perhaps that is for the best. I imagine the longer we are left in the dark though, the more people are going to get irked about Hall, the more people are going to read deeply into every little thing he does and says.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Man, you’re are really butthurt over the survivor game aren’t you?

what ? no... it was a joke about Taylor stressing us out ... That's all ! 
I'm clearly not someone that hold any grudge for more than 5mn... so nop i'm all fine about this story 

Coz i do stress out .... I was really confident that he will sign (i was sure even before Shero magic summer) ... And now, situation seems better to sign him and i'm way more stressed ! (hence the ulcer that is growing) (hashtag joke)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, moustic said:

I'm clearly not someone that hold any grudge for more than 5mn... so nop i'm all fine about this story 

Coz i do stress out .... I was really confident that he will sign (i was sure even before Shero magic summer) ... And now, situation seems better to sign him and i'm way more stressed ! (hence the ulcer that is growing) (hashtag joke)

Yeah, my bad man. I already edited my post. I clearly read the tone of your post wrong. 

• Like 1

I don't think he walks, still think he signs here but I also disagree there's an artificial deadline within the next few months  (end of training camp, end of October etc).  The team is a helluva lot better with a healthy Hall so I think he still gets the benefit of some more time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moustic said:

I'm clearly not someone that hold any grudge for more than 5mn... so nop i'm all fine about this story.

Nobody should be butthurt from my antics in the Survivor thread. I’m an idiot, I find stupid things funny, some others did too, some didn’t. It’s over with. I intended no real ill will toward moustic (just the manufactured “you spared Zacha” fake ill will) nor the country of France, which I have visited and it’s literally not the worst. That’s Detroit. 

15 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Nobody should be butthurt from my antics in the Survivor thread. I’m an idiot, I find stupid things funny, some others did too, some didn’t. It’s over with. I intended no real ill will toward moustic (just the manufactured “you spared Zacha” fake ill will) nor the country of France, which I have visited and it’s literally not the worst. That’s Detroit. 

South East of France is the worst... 

And all good my friend! 

7 minutes ago, moustic said:

South East of France is the worst... 

And all good my friend! 

Good. Then we can both move on to being stressed about Taylor. 

Nobody is concerned about him partnering with a Montreal eyeglass manufacturer, when he loves Canada and they probably have the resources to take him on? Why is he setting up shop there when CLEARLY he could have a lucrative Taylor Ham/Pork Roll endorsement right here?!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Good. Then we can both move on to being stressed about Taylor. 

Nobody is concerned about him partnering with a Montreal eyeglass manufacturer, when he loves Canada and they probably have the resources to take him on? Why is he setting up shop there when CLEARLY he could have a lucrative Taylor Ham/Pork Roll endorsement right here?!

HA it was my first thought that he is now going to bolt to Montreal.

I will say that if by the end of the first week of the season and he is not signed I will be concerned.  If he is not signed by Christmas I will be very concerned.

Either way I have already been preparing myself to deal with life after Hall just in case worse can scenario arrives.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I will say that if by the end of the first week of the season and he is not signed I will be concerned.  If he is not signed by Christmas I will be very concerned.

Either way I have already been preparing myself to deal with life after Hall just in case worse can scenario arrives.

Me too, much in the same way one prepares for a colonoscopy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, DevsMan84 said:

Two things we've definitely learned about how Shero does business:  1) He is VERY patient and methodical, and 2) He WILL act when the time is right. 

So basically I think he will make a substantial offer...it may not be on everyone's "ideal" timeline (see bottom), but if Shero fully believes in Hall, then it will happen.  The big question of course will then be does Hall fully believe in the Devils?

Though I've always been in favor of Hall sticking around and remain so, I'm not 100% dead-set against Shero moving him if a deal simply cannot be worked out...there's enough red flags that re-signing Hall is not an absolute slamdunk.  So basically yeah, I'm prepared for both scenarios...and knowing Shero, I think if it came to Hall leaving, that he'd find a way to get enough in return that we won't be crushed by his leaving.

Ask me on 8/19 what I think will happen, I still say he'll be back...but more and more I'm starting think it will happen in season.  Nothing to base that on, but mostly because I originally thought it was going to be done by the end of this month.  It just seems like no one involved is in a big rush...and the fact that we haven't read about one party complaining about the other leads to me to believe that there's no discontent on either end. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Me too, much in the same way one prepares for a colonoscopy. 

I turn 50 on 6/24/2020.  I'm quite positive that Hall leaving for nothing at the same time I'm getting my first intimate Roto-rooter lovin' will pretty much taint the Summer of 2020 beyond saving. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

turn 50 on 6/24/2020.  I'm quite positive that Hall leaving for nothing at the same time I'm getting my first intimate Roto-rooter lovin' will pretty much taint the Summer of 2020 beyond saving. 

48578217896_25258eeb2f_b.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

He needs to sign by camp. No waiting until the season starts. No waiting until the deadline. Sign by the end of September, or Pack. Your. sh!t. 

15 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

He needs to sign by camp. No waiting until the season starts. No waiting until the deadline. Sign by the end of September, or Pack. Your. sh!t. 

That's pretty much where I am. What does it say to the rest of that room if the person considered to be the leader here can't decide if he's gonna sh!t or get off the pot? 

I prefer him as part of the future obviously but I don't want it dragging into opening night.