Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Maybe YOU are not French...

48594931847_8daac650a0_b.jpg

This is 2019. 

If i wanted to be a first nation, muslim (christians on weekends), vegan, person of colour , attracted sexually to first gen iPods and polar bears named Carl SPECIFICALLY. I could. CAUSE THIS IS 2019. 

SO you bet your ass that i'm french. 

21 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

This is 2019. 

If i wanted to be a first nation, muslim (christians on weekends), vegan, person of colour , attracted sexually to first gen iPods and polar bears named Carl SPECIFICALLY. I could. CAUSE THIS IS 2019. 

SO you bet your ass that i'm french. 

French and French-Canadian can be very different.

I wonder if living in New Brunswick, do you speak Acadian French?

Canadian French tends to be more archaic, and uses more Anglicisms.

FYI I had a dream last night that I ran into Taylor Hall at Jose Tejas and he told me that he was about to re-sign but that I wasn't allowed to tell anyone until it was announced. 

The takeaway from that dream: Fvcking Jose Tejas is the best and I think I am going there this weekend. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

FYI I had a dream last night that I ran into Taylor Hall at Jose Tejas and he told me that he was about to re-sign but that I wasn't allowed to tell anyone until it was announced. 

The takeaway from that dream: Fvcking Jose Tejas is the best and I think I am going there this weekend. 

That place is great.  Waiting 2hrs for a table is not.

• Like 2

On 8/20/2019 at 9:39 PM, Daniel said:

My not getting Trouba meltdown notwithstanding, Ray isn't Garth Snow and has the advantage of witnessing how the Tavares thing went down.  So however it turns out, it will be part of a contingency plan that ends in the best result possible for the team. 

People say what if he gets hurt before he signs and we get nothing, but what if he gets hurt after he signs.. it works both ways.. plus Shero knows more than we about his injury.. maybe it's Shero being cautious...  I still believe hall will not sign before the season starts and Shero isn't going to move him for most of the season.. if he doesn't sign we  get a first rounder at the deadline... if we are in the playoffs he will resign with us.. I'm not sweating this... this team is rising with or without taylor hall.

14 hours ago, EdgeControl said:

People say what if he gets hurt before he signs and we get nothing, but what if he gets hurt after he signs.. it works both ways.. plus Shero knows more than we about his injury.. maybe it's Shero being cautious...  I still believe hall will not sign before the season starts and Shero isn't going to move him for most of the season.. if he doesn't sign we  get a first rounder at the deadline... if we are in the playoffs he will resign with us.. I'm not sweating this... this team is rising with or without taylor hall.

Yeah, no. 

13 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

That stupid place.  I have been wanting to try it for years but it is always a long wait.  How the hell do they have a 90 minute wait at 3:30 in the afternoon!!??!

They have an hour wait at 12:00, an hour after they open. It's amazing.

That said, the food is amazing, and its super cheap. We aren't drinkers (especially not at 11AM), and our typical bill for the three of us is under $30 plus tip. 

The more we talk about it, the more I want it, the more likely it is I go there for early lunch this weekend. 

I'm talking about the Woodbridge location. There is, I am told, a second location in Fairfield that is supposed to be much less busy. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

They have an hour wait at 12:00, an hour after they open. It's amazing.

That said, the food is amazing, and its super cheap. We aren't drinkers (especially not at 11AM), and our typical bill for the three of us is under $30 plus tip. 

The more we talk about it, the more I want it, the more likely it is I go there for early lunch this weekend. 

I'm talking about the Woodbridge location. There is, I am told, a second location in Fairfield that is supposed to be much less busy. 

Yeah that's the location I am talking about.  I have tried to go there four times in the last 2-3 years and never any luck.  Last time was on a Sunday at 3:30 and got the 90 minute wait spiel.  It has never been anything less than a 90 minute wait no matter what day or time I have gone there.  I know they ain't lying either as the parking lot is full and there is a crowd of people waiting outside and inside.

That place must print money.  It's amazing how crowded it is.  Thankfully if I need a good Mexican fix I go to a place in Meyersville called Casa Maya.  It is literally in the middle of nowhere and they have great Mexican food.

On 8/22/2019 at 2:12 PM, Henry Killinger said:

French and French-Canadian can be very different.

I wonder if living in New Brunswick, do you speak Acadian French?

Canadian French tends to be more archaic, and uses more Anglicisms.

French is very different just about everywhere. 

I do yeah. I am Acadian. Which means i talk "chiac" which is a mix of french and english... which is why Moustic couldnt understand a thing i was saying on my radio show lol takes awhile to get use to it

It's worst in New-Brunswick than Quebec though. Whenever i go to quebec and forget to switch 100% to french and talk "chiac", they usually just look at me with that awkward smile of "i didnt understand what you just said but i want to be polite" lol or they answer me in english cause they think im actually an english person who's decent in french or something lol

• Like 1

I have to imagine that this contract is being held up by Marner's and all the other RFAs that are still in limbo.  There is no rush for Hall's contract in the sense that he has another year so why wouldn't he wait for all the other contracts to set the market?

44 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

There's really nothing left to say about the Hall situation at this point that we haven't already discussed but.. well, another week in the books with no news either way.

I was thinking the same thing...with each passing week I admit I grow a little more concerned.  I think it's because I feel he still has more left in the tank and I think he is/could be a big part of this team moving forward.  I still stand by my view that I believe we should be cautious at the contract that we give out to him, but I very much want him on this team.  I really hope he signs before pre-season starts.

Being that other "big name' guys (are now asking for shorter term contracts) Mathews/Marner/ 5 years max, (so they get 2 big paydays) This might become a trend. Hallsy w/ 2-3 yr. contract? (i'd be ok w/ that)