Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I disagree totally. If a guy has a good negotiating position, you have to deal with him differently than the worst guy in your roster. It’s just facts. That’s not “playing favorites”, it’s having common sense. 

I disagree completely. If you have a guy that you trust and has given you no reason to think will leave you high and dry, you take the gentlemanly route to the process. If you have a guy that is going behind your back and signing in other league to try and force your hand you call them out on their bullsh!t. That is not playing favorites, it's having common....wait.....

13 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Lmao wtf why?

that song would be awesome. I vote that.

Song is ear cancer, I'd rather try to climb into the rafters and cut every speaker wire than to have to listen to that crap several times a night. 

Also.... I don't think he's signing anyway so might as well not pick a song that we'll have to change when he's gone before the end of the season. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

Imma take a leap here...I think Hall signs before the end of the month. If I'm Ray, I'm thinking to myself, I have a shot at pulling off the holy grail of GMing...the perfect offseason...and that requires Hall signing. Ray is a fvcking psychopath in the best way, and I gotta think he wants to complete the GM version of the 27 up, 27 down game.

Edited by Neb00rs
  • Like 1

Don't get me wrong. Hall loves Canada, I think if he had the opportunity he'd love to play for Toronto. But he's a bright guy, he knows what's up. I imagine the situation he's in re: negotiations with Ray is very reminiscent of the phone call scene from Catch Me if You Can, where Leo's character (Hall) pretends to be thinking about going to July 1st and Tom Hanks' character (Ray Shero) is just like, "You have no one else to call"...or in this case, "Nowhere else to go."

NJ is Hall's best bet, he's bound to recognize that.

Edited by Neb00rs
  • Like 1

Fvck him. If he wanted to be here I think he would’ve got something done. There’s no way thy haven’t talked.

i don’t care whether they are first or last. At the deadline if he doesn’t sign, they HAVE to trade him. Acquire assets, even if the sum doesn’t equal a player of Hall’s caliber. We’ve been in the wilderness far too long to make the same mistakes we’ve done in the past. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Devils Pride 26 said:

Fvck him. If he wanted to be here I think he would’ve got something done. There’s no way thy haven’t talked.

i don’t care whether they are first or last. At the deadline if he doesn’t sign, they HAVE to trade him. Acquire assets, even if the sum doesn’t equal a player of Hall’s caliber. We’ve been in the wilderness far too long to make the same mistakes we’ve done in the past. 

Shero has a date in mind of when a decision needs to be made.  As the poster above mentioned, shero won't beg him to stay, and from a few days ago said that after a certain point talking about halls situation won't happen anymore.  

I'm sure shero has, or is working on a plan b should he need it

14 hours ago, Devils Pride 26 said:

If we are somehow first place overall in the league heading into the trade deadline or even first in the division we aren't trading Hall and I'd be absolutely pissed if we did. I would absolutely take a legit shot at the cup over some possible players who might be good in the future. 

If we are a bubble team or out of the playoffs then yeah absolutely trade him. 

I like Hall and I hope he stays but I'm not going to be mad at him yet until this all done.....I'm more pissed off at him for tweeting to vote for that horrid hip hop horray song lol

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

If we are somehow first place overall in the league heading into the trade deadline or even first in the division we aren't trading Hall and I'd be absolutely pissed if we did. I would absolutely take a legit shot at the cup over some possible players who might be good in the future. 

I'm coming around on this idea. If he doesn't want to re-sign anyway, and we're not only competitive but we're in first place, let's let him use us as a springboard to a huge contract while we use him toward winning a Cup. It's only fair if everyone gets used.