Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

1 hour ago, EdgeControl said:

I'd pay him 11.5 for 7 if he decided this month... unfortunately  he doesn't want it..

58 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Sorry, but he’s probably getting $11m from someone, he isn’t signing here for $9m or $10m.  The only shot we’d have is overwhelming him with cash ($11.5m is a good number) times 8 years, and even that is unlikely to be enough. 

$11m is the baseline for us to keep him, zero question. I’m just saying what I’d personally do. If he starts converting on his near misses lately though, $11m would be a steal.

Again, though, I just want it over at this point.

6 minutes ago, jagknife said:

$11m is the baseline for us to keep him, zero question. I’m just saying what I’d personally do. If he starts converting on his near misses lately though, $11m would be a steal.

Again, though, I just want it over at this point.

I agree about the money. But I don’t care if it’s over yet. 

Let him keep going at a PPG pace for a couple months, maybe it increases his value. 

9 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I agree about the money. But I don’t care if it’s over yet. 

Let him keep going at a PPG pace for a couple months, maybe it increases his value. 

Unless he gets himself hurt. Which, given his recent history, isn't that unlikely.

22 minutes ago, devlman said:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/devils-unlikely-ink-taylor-hall-contract-extension-season/

He’s not re-signing. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out. Get as much as you can back, Ray.

Just keep in mind that Friedman is speculating based on some history with that particular agent.  Nothing has come directly out of Hall's camp as of yet.

• Like 1

Friedman is saying that from what he knows about how Hall's agent operates that it is unlikely Hall signs during the season.

Not sure how that was morphed into "Taylor Hall is definitely not re-signing with the Devils!"

Canadian hockey media is awesome.

Edited by DevsMan84

4 minutes ago, MB3 said:

The salary cap is going to explode in a few years. If you have to overpay him by 2m/y to make him stay, do it. Oh no, that means we can't sign any more Simmonds'. How will we ever cope?

Ironically, those two guys are tied in goals right now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Friedman is saying that from what he knows about how Hall's agent operates that it is unlikely Hall signs during the season.

Not sure how that was morphed into "Taylor Hall is definitely not re-signing with the Devils!"

Canadian hockey media is awesome.

It does give us something to talk about instead of the softball, cookie cutter questions our reporters ask. (No, that horse isn’t quite dead yet)

4 minutes ago, jagknife said:

It does give us something to talk about instead of the softball, cookie cutter questions our reporters ask. (No, that horse isn’t quite dead yet)

It's one thing to ask tough questions.  That is what I wish our beat writers would ask.

It's another to warp or misconstrue things into something they are not.  They are doing the latter here in this case.

4 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Just keep in mind that Friedman is speculating based on some history with that particular agent.  Nothing has come directly out of Hall's camp as of yet.

Fine

But do you expect him to sign here?

Personally, I do not

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

Fine

But do you expect him to sign here?

Personally, I do not

I think it's 50-50.  What's gotten lost in the shuffle is that Taylor's said a lot of right things too...I don't necessarily believe that he's already outta here mentally.  But the Devils have to start showing something more on the ice, basically right now.  They've gotta build off their respectable 5-3-2 record over their last 10 and continue to take steps. 

The one guy who is really killing them right now is Cory (yes, other guys share blame for this rough start, but he's just the epitome of the Sad Sack guy right now)...Mac is in the unfortunate position of trying to develop and be the man in net, as an almost-23-year-old who has all of 34 NHL games under his belt.  It's not a great situation for him, especially with the Devils having 23 games from now through the end of December.  Busy schedule.  And given the circumstances, I definitely bring up Domingue...I'm not pretending he's anything special, but Cory is impossible to trust at this point.  He's let his team down too many times, and I can't keep crossing my fingers hoping he figures his way out of yet more absolute bottom-of-the-barrel netminding.  Not if I'm trying to convince Hall to stay.  

• Like 1

Okay boys, let's do this.  How do we get Q. Hughes out of Vancouver?  What do we add to Hall?

Hall + ____ + ____

for 

Q. Hughes + Eriksson (to be bought out) + 1st? + _____

It'd be a real silver lining to losing probably the best LW we've ever had (don't @me)

Edited by Devilsfan118

2 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Okay boys, let's do this.  How do we get Q. Hughes out of Vancouver?  What do we add to Hall?

Hall + ____ + ____

for 

Q. Hughes + Eriksson (to be bought out) + 1st? + _____

It'd be a real silver lining to losing probably the best LW we've ever had (don't @me)

Vancouver probably isn't going to want Halll-- especially on a rental. Hall doesn't fit their timeline to win anything anymore than he seems to fit here at this point. Q. Hughes looks to be a real-deal stud. Unless NJ is giving up Nico or Jack in return you won't get Quinn from them even with Hall in the deal. 

Devils will probably be dealing with teams who have a good shot to make noise right now and are looking for Hall as nothing more than a rental. Bubble teams like Vancouver and Buffalo are not the teams that will pay the most for his services without an extension.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Vancouver probably isn't going to want Halll-- especially on a rental. Hall doesn't fit their timeline to win anything anymore than he seems to fit here at this point. Q. Hughes looks to be a real-deal stud. Unless NJ is giving up Nico or Jack in return you won't get Quinn from them even with Hall in the deal. 

Devils will probably be dealing with teams who have a good shot to make noise right now and are looking for Hall as nothing more than a rental. Bubble teams like Vancouver and Buffalo are not the teams that will pay the most for his services without an extension.

Agreed, if he is as good as he looked in yesterday’s game, they’re not even thinking about trading him.

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I think it's 50-50.  What's gotten lost in the shuffle is that Taylor's said a lot of right things too...I don't necessarily believe that he's already outta here mentally.  But the Devils have to start showing something more on the ice, basically right now.  They've gotta build off their respectable 5-3-2 record over their last 10 and continue to take steps. 

let's say that keep at this clip for the next 52 games and go 30-18-4 for 64 points. Add to the existing 14 points - they're at 78 points with 14 games left with 28 possible points. lets even say that 95 points gets you in the playoffs (i don't think it will). they'll need 17 of the possible 28 points which is like 7-4-3.

my point is that they'll need to do well better than the last 11 games for any chance.

• Like 1

Just now, sundstrom said:

let's say that keep at this clip for the next 52 games and go 30-18-4 for 64 points. Add to the existing 14 points - they're at 78 points with 14 games left with 28 possible points. lets even say that 95 points gets you in the playoffs (i don't think it will). they'll need 17 of the possible 28 points which is like 7-4-3.

my point is that they'll need to do well better than the last 11 games for any chance.

I definitely wasn't implying that a 60% pace of banking points is good enough from here on out.  I'm just saying that at least it's a step in the right direction.  At least the 0-4-2 start (for the moment) doesn't feel quite as crippling.