Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

55 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Wayne Simmonds officially has more goals than Taylor Hall. 

Simmonds is actually playing pretty good hockey as of late. I see way more effort and hustle out of him than Hall right now. It’s not even just the lack of goals. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Career. Loser.

I understand some will go this route, but 2017-18 is way too fresh in my memory to do that.  And I know that anyone can be snakebit, as far as not converting on shots goes...we saw that happen to Elias two seasons in a row. 

That being said, sorry Taylor, we need the dam to burst NOW.  Team needs you to find the net NOW.  Bad luck or not, 2 goals through 17 GP isn't going to cut it. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Steadevils said:

This is a stupid tweet by the team: 

Getting absolutely demolished in the replies..pretty funny and deserved ripping going on. 

It's just unfortunate timing.  If the guy's birthday was in July they'd send the tweet out and we wouldn't care, good or bad.  But because we just came off a vomit-inducing loss just 10 hours ago, and the guy hasn't yet signed a contract extension, he will get ripped for it.  The team can't not wish him a Happy Birthday just because of the timing.  They do it for all players, so they have to do it now - and just deal with the backlash/comments.

18 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

It's just unfortunate timing.  If the guy's birthday was in July they'd send the tweet out and we wouldn't care, good or bad.  But because we just came off a vomit-inducing loss just 10 hours ago, and the guy hasn't yet signed a contract extension, he will get ripped for it.  The team can't not wish him a Happy Birthday just because of the timing.  They do it for all players, so they have to do it now - and just deal with the backlash/comments.

The team could not wish him a Happy Birthday on Twitter. It would have been okay. I don't think Taylor would have minded.

43 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Social media 101 - don't make it easy for people to be negative.

Some funny replies in there

As a meme enthusiast, I can say stuff like this is 100% what you should NOT do. Easy lob over the middle of the plate. Lucky for them, I’m not on Twitter. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I understand some will go this route, but 2017-18 is way too fresh in my memory to do that.  And I know that anyone can be snakebit, as far as not converting on shots goes...we saw that happen to Elias two seasons in a row. 

That being said, sorry Taylor, we need the dam to burst NOW.  Team needs you to find the net NOW.  Bad luck or not, 2 goals through 17 GP isn't going to cut it. 

The sad-sackery bullsh!t needs to end and he NEEDS to get back to 17-18 form.

They had to do it.  It's a sponsored ad for Calandra's Bakery.  I'm sure they have some deal where they wish so many players happy bday and throw the Calandra's tag on it.

With that being said.. lol

Edited by Crisis

In 2017-18 Hall Scored almost all of his even strength goals off the rush - as in, a high-speed zone entry by him or a teammate and then a goal on his first possession in the offensive zone. The Devils simply aren't generating many good chances for those kinds of goals this year. This is why Taylor Hall "doesn't look like" Taylor Hall as some have put it.

On the powerplay in '17-'18 Hall scored 13 goals, 7 of them from the left circle and 3 of them from the right circle. The team was cycling the puck well and finding him with much more space than he's had this year. Playing in generally the same area as he did in 2017-18, he's taken 19 shots on the powerplay in 65 minutes played on the man-advantage this year. That's not too bad, but he just isn't putting it in the net - zero goals. He's having trouble finding space to shoot but his shot in 2017-18 was often so good it didn't matter.

He also finished his breakaways that year.

30 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

In 2017-18 Hall Scored almost all of his even strength goals off the rush - as in, a high-speed zone entry by him or a teammate and then a goal on his first possession in the offensive zone. The Devils simply aren't generating many good chances for those kinds of goals this year. This is why Taylor Hall "doesn't look like" Taylor Hall as some have put it.

On the powerplay in '17-'18 Hall scored 13 goals, 7 of them from the left circle and 3 of them from the right circle. The team was cycling the puck well and finding him with much more space than he's had this year. Playing in generally the same area as he did in 2017-18, he's taken 19 shots on the powerplay in 65 minutes played on the man-advantage this year. That's not too bad, but he just isn't putting it in the net - zero goals. He's having trouble finding space to shoot but his shot in 2017-18 was often so good it didn't matter.

He also finished his breakaways that year.

Holy sh!t is my memory flawed of Hall’s PPGs that year.

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Hall is the Devils’ version of Cespedes...a loser player with good offensive numbers before he got here, one transcendent year here but now we’re back to underachieving disappointment and moodiness after. At least we didn’t give Hall a sh!t ton of money yet though.

Edited by NJDevs4978

1 minute ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Hall is the Devils’ version of Cespedes...one transcendent year then a whole lot of disappointment and moodiness after.

Not really...at least Hall appears to genuinely enjoy the game, and actually wants to play (even when it's not going well).  Cespedes doesn't.  I don't think he ever really liked baseball that much...the one time I think he might've been truly enjoying it was in 2015, when he was doing things I don't think even he ever thought he could.  But then he was on his best behavior to get the big contract from the team dumb enough to give it to him, got his money, and now would rather hang out on his ranch and play with the toys his baseball money allowed him to collect. 

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Not really...at least Hall appears to genuinely enjoy the game, and actually wants to play (even when it's not going well).  Cespedes doesn't.  I don't think he ever really liked baseball that much...the one time I think he might've been truly enjoying it was in 2015, when he was doing things I don't think even he ever thought he could.  But then he was on his best behavior to get the big contract from the team dumb enough to give it to him, got his money, and now would rather hang out on his ranch and play with the toys his baseball money allowed him to collect. 

Was gonna say, Hall shows up for work so he’s by definition not Cespedes. 

And by shows up, I do not mean on a horse like that idiot. 

• Haha 1