Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Colorado seems to just make too much sense.

Sakic is tough, though.  Not sure how much value you're going to get out of him.

I’ve been saying to family and friends since a trade seemed most likely that he’d definitely be going to Colorado.  To me it makes more sense than pretty much all other teams combined.  They started the season off on a tear and cooled down a bit but that team is loaded and with all the young talent you know they’ll somehow land hall and the devils will get $hit in return.  That will just be the icing on the cake or the cherry on top or whatever the fvck you want to call it.  It’s gonna be a reverse uno Adam Larsson card and the Devils will get screwed.

Then you just know Colorado will win the cup and that god damn mother fvcking piece of $hit hynes (lower-case h to show him absolutely zero respect) will still have his fvcking job, as will Ray $hito (at least I gave him capital letters)

Think I’m a bit sick of this $hit by now and pretty much what I’ve fvcking dealt with for over a decade?  Yeah, yeah the fvck I am.  If my anger doesn’t penetrate through the screen of this fvcking iPhone and onto the message board then nothing will.  Sorry, I’m just a tad bit angry, if you couldn’t tell.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

For the record i want Hynes gone too.

I just know that if nothing is done right that there must be a reason. Something is obviously brewing, there's no way Shero sees this and think things are fine, there's a reason Tom went behind the bench for awhile.

And everyone else's point is that if Shero hasn't made the move, it's either because he doesn't think Hynes should be fired or he has no viable options in place to replace him since all of the assistants aren't qualified.   Both reflect very poorly on him. 

30 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Who would you take off Colorado?

There seems to be a lot of depth , would love to have Landeskog, but I doubt that they are willing to give him up. 

With Colorado, it would seem to be Byram or bust and I would be willing to do it one for one. Alex Newhook should not be what the team needs and Connor Timmins is a RHD where the team seems to be dead set on having 3 RHDs and 3 LHDs if at all possible.  And I do not want Martin Kaut and a slew of picks the team absolutely should not need if you have any faith at all in your scouting staff (not to mention that Kaut makes Pavel Zacha look like Jagr).  Every Colorado fan you talk to says they wouldn't trade Byram a million years, so the only way it happens is to get some kind of bidding war going.  However, Byram's point totals being down so far this year might change Colorado's perspective.

Unfortunately, Shero seems to value his loyalty to Hynes over maximizing the return for Hall since Hynes has been dragging down everyone on the team except for Blake Coleman.  But I'm sure playing Hall on the third line is some 4D chess move that none of us sees.

15 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Dude to be honest i'm sorry but i barely read your post. Do you have an idea how exhausted I am to have long discussions with you about this specific subject? lol What's the point? We've been having this same conversation literally over a hundred times... for what? 10 years? We just don't see things the same way and we'll never agree on that subject. You think you're right and i think i am.

I've learn that it's a dead end and I don't quote you when you mention something about it here and i don't quite understand why you still try to engage with me about this every time lol

Plus nobody here want to read this either

Love you

Read the full response...only the first two paragraphs address the above.

You really shouldn't post certain things then, if people aren't allowed to expand on an idea you present, in an effort fill in your blanks.  You were the one who posted "logical explanation" without attempting to clarify what you meant by that.  So I presented a most logical explanation of my own.

You missed the point entirely...I presented a thorough case as to why this particular situation (Shero's handling of Hall) wasn't so cut-and-dried, and you didn't even bother to read it.  This wasn't about debating Lou's MO, which is the old "battleground" that we've stayed away from for quite some time...this discussion doesn't deserve to be lumped into those debates.  This was about how Shero was smart to keep his options open with Hall, even if that meant his UFA status was going to spill into the regular season...but as long as you're going to treat just about all UFA situations as the same no matter what else is going on and won't even allow someone to present a thought-out counterpoint, you are right, no one should really try to discuss these situations with you. 

BUT, I'll readily admit that Hall isn't even really the story of 2019-20 anymore at this point.  Barring some last minute miracle (brought about by a coaching change), Shero's going to move him...it's just a question of when.  We'll all debate the return at the appropriate time.  But the season is now about:

1) Shero getting Hynes & Co the fvck out of here.  Yes Ray, it's obvious to everyone that you really wanted this to work with Hynes.  It isn't.  It's over.  It's been over.  You've pretty much let a season of hope die on the vine...not that there's any guarantee that someone else would've turned the team around, but it DEFINITELY wasn't going to happen with Hynes, and despite a mountain's worth of evidence that it reiterated this fact over and over again, Ray chose not to address this in timely fashion...even now, after TWO more "rock bottom" losses in a season chock full of "rock bottoms".   This is definitely a black mark on Ray.

2) Finding out about Blackwood.  Give him #1 minutes for the rest of the season.  Schneider should have no future here, and Domingue is here simply because he's Not-Schneider...it only cost the Devils a 7th-rounder to bring him in as a warm body, and that's all he is...a warm body.  Want to roll with him as a backup for the remainder of this year, fine...does it really matter anymore?  But he probably shouldn't be here beyond this season.

3) Recovering from the Subban disaster.  Ray tried to make the big splash move, but unfortunately, you can make a plenty big splash in the pool by landing ass-first.  This one didn't work.  Maybe somehow this deal looks better as the season goes on, and I'll eat my crow raw if PK somehow bounces back from a lousy start...but I'm sure as hell not seeing it.  Devils are obviously stuck with his rotten cap hit...not a damned thing that they can do about it.  Since it's looking like this season is just about toast, now it's about hoping that his cap hit doesn't screw the Devils up too much in 2020-21 and 2021-22...though of course, now that they won't be paying Hall, and other big money will be coming off the cap...should be plenty of room that PK's money shouldn't hurt much.  We'll see how the new coach handles his playing time (and if there's anything left to tap into).

Re:  Hall himself...despite the risks that would have come with keeping him, I was on board with taking the plunge on signing him to a long-term deal...even though I said that his contract was likely to be a bad one (sometimes you just take that shot).  Now it will be someone else's problem.  Not saying that Hall won't have some good years for his new team, but anyone expecting another 2017-18 is likely going to be very disappointed.  Sure, he'll have some fine fine moments.  He'll also have those games where he inexplicably doesn't finish or has his fans endlessly debating his puck luck.  He'll miss his fair share of games.  And what he really needs is to go somewhere where he can be the ultimate complimentary player...yes, he won the MVP in 2018 but I don't think he's a guy who can consistently carry a team year and year out...he's a guy who had one awesome career year and I'm glad that I got to see it happen with the Devils, but I don't think that's the "real" Taylor.  The real Taylor is the one who will have his fans hoping for more than he's giving them...the one who will get (over)paid for that one huge MVP year.  The one who three years into his deal will have his fans saying "Man, we're paying a lot for this guy...not like he sucks, but doesn't seem like he's worth all this coin."  He probably won't get as much slack with his new team as he would've here, especially if that new team is yet another team that's struggling, despite having Hall on its roster.

Part of me will be sorry to see him go, because even if he didn't live up to his deal (either through performance or injury), I would've liked to have seen guys like him and Palms get through the dark days to see legit success later.  To see, say, Hall have a meh-ish regular season one year, but then tear it up in the playoffs, and cement himself as a guy who raised his game when his team needed it most.  Guess in the end, it just wasn't meant to be.  And I'm pretty much ready to see what's next. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Aitchmack said:

I'd be trying to get Bowen Byram out of them for a start.

That'd be a tough sell - Hall would have to be willing to immediately sign an extension for Colorado to even consider that.

He'd be a fool to NOT sign an extension with Colorado if he truly wants to win a cup within the next 5 years, imo, but who knows what Hall is thinking.

If he's hell-bent on going to UFA and screwing us on his way out.. then there's zero chance we're getting a player like Byram.

Edited by Devilsfan118

23 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Read the full response...only the first two paragraphs address the above.

You really shouldn't post certain things then, if people aren't allowed to expand on an idea you present, in an effort fill in your blanks.  You were the one who posted "logical explanation" without attempting to clarify what you meant by that.  So I presented a most logical explanation of my own.

You missed the point entirely...I presented a thorough case as to why this particular situation (Shero's handling of Hall) wasn't so cut-and-dried, and you didn't even bother to read it.  This wasn't about debating Lou's MO, which is the old "battleground" that we've stayed away from for quite some time...this discussion doesn't deserve to be lumped into those debates.  This was about how Shero was smart to keep his options open with Hall, even if that meant his UFA status was going to spill into the regular season...but as long as you're going to treat just about all UFA situations as the same no matter what else is going on and won't even allow someone to present a thought-out counterpoint, you are right, no one should really try to discuss these situations with you. 

BUT, I'll readily admit that Hall isn't even really the story of 2019-20 anymore at this point.  Barring some last minute miracle (brought about by a coaching change), Shero's going to move him...it's just a question of when.  We'll all debate the return at the appropriate time.  But the season is now about:

1) Shero getting Hynes & Co the fvck out of here.  Yes Ray, it's obvious to everyone that you really wanted this to work with Hynes.  It isn't.  It's over.  It's been over.  You've pretty much let a season of hope die on the vine...not that there's any guarantee that someone else would've turned the team around, but it DEFINITELY wasn't going to happen with Hynes, and despite a mountain's worth of evidence that it reiterated this fact over and over again, Ray chose not to address this in timely fashion...even now, after TWO more "rock bottom" losses in a season chock full of "rock bottoms".   This is definitely a black mark on Ray.

2) Finding out about Blackwood.  Give him #1 minutes for the rest of the season.  Schneider should have no future here, and Domingue is here simply because he's Not-Schneider...it only cost the Devils a 7th-rounder to bring him in as a warm body, and that's all he is...a warm body.  Want to roll with him as a backup for the remainder of this year, fine...does it really matter anymore?  But he probably shouldn't be here beyond this season.

3) Recovering from the Subban disaster.  Ray tried to make the big splash move, but unfortunately, you can make a plenty big splash in the pool by landing ass-first.  This one didn't work.  Maybe somehow this deal looks better as the season goes on, and I'll eat my crow raw if PK somehow bounces back from a lousy start...but I'm sure as hell not seeing it.  Devils are obviously stuck with his rotten cap hit...not a damned thing that they can do about it.  Since it's looking like this season is just about toast, now it's about hoping that his cap hit doesn't screw the Devils up too much in 2020-21 and 2021-22...though of course, now that they won't be paying Hall, and other big money will be coming off the cap...should be plenty of room that PK's money shouldn't hurt much.  We'll see how the new coach handles his playing time (and if there's anything left to tap into).

Re:  Hall himself...despite the risks that would have come with keeping him, I was on board with taking the plunge on signing him to a long-term deal...even though I said that his contract was likely to be a bad one (sometimes you just take that shot).  Now it will be someone else's problem.  Not saying that Hall won't have some good years for his new team, but anyone expecting another 2017-18 is likely going to be very disappointed.  Sure, he'll have some fine fine moments.  He'll also have those games where he inexplicably doesn't finish or has his fans endlessly debating his puck luck.  He'll miss his fair share of games.  And what he really needs is to go somewhere where he can be the ultimate complimentary player...yes, he won the MVP in 2018 but I don't think he's a guy who can consistently carry a team year and year out...he's a guy who had one awesome career year and I'm glad that I got to see it happen with the Devils, but I don't think that's the "real" Taylor.  The real Taylor is the one who will have his fans hoping for more than he's giving them...the one who will get (over)paid for that one huge MVP year.  The one who three years into his deal will have his fans saying "Man, we're paying a lot for this guy...not like he sucks, but doesn't seem like he's worth all this coin."  He probably won't get as much slack with his new team as he would've here, especially if that new team is yet another team that's struggling, despite having Hall on its roster.

Part of me will be sorry to see him go, because even if he didn't live up to his deal (either through performance or injury), I would've liked to have seen guys like him and Palms get through the dark days to see legit success later.  To see, say, Hall have a meh-ish regular season one year, but then tear it up in the playoffs, and cement himself as a guy who raised his game when his team needed it most.  Guess in the end, it just wasn't meant to be.  And I'm pretty much ready to see what's next. 

No cause we already talked about how Shero handled this one a few days ago dude, we talked about how you think the injury thing is important and i said how i didn't see it as a big thing remember? i knew it was not as cut and dry. And maybe we'll get a great return for him, who knows. But i already know what you thought about it.

And no i don't see it as cut and dry as you think and not all UFAs should be treated like that. I wish you'd remember that based on all the discussions we had. But depending on the player and the situation of the team, some you gotta play hard ball. The Hall situation the way I see it, he shouldn't have taken the risk based on the state of the team, we need all the assets in the world to rebuild, losing Hall for less than what he's worth is a big step back in our rebuild. Then based on Hall's injury history, you shouldn't gamble him getting injured so you can't trade him at the deadline and then you lose him for nothing in the summer. The way i see it we're just not in a situation to gamble that much. I always say, you can gamble your car if you're well off, have another car for your family, have your house paid and make ridiculous  money so you know you can buy another one if you want. But you shouldnt buy your car if you're between jobs, with debts and really need your car to get by. 

I probably sound really black and white with that approach cause it's been almost a decade where the team just can't gamble "gambling their car away". 

As for Hynes yes he needs to go obviously, not sure what Shero has to see to make that happen at this point. There has to be a reason or something being worked out in the background. Shero is not alone either, Tom is with him and there's no they are all happy about it

As for PK, he was never a great dman. He should have never won a norris and that's not the hater in me talking. If you look at that season, he did nothing to deserve a nomination. And the 2nd time he was nominated, he wasn't even the best dman on his team, makes no sense. But the media and voters loves him cause he's flashy. He was a good offensive dman with a huge shot but everyone has figured out his game by now so they can take away his space i guess. Also he's way slower than he was and he never was a smart player, he always relied on his physically and skilled, which is not what it was, so obviously he's struggling now. Thats why smart players last longer even if they are slow, they make good decisions with the puck and are always well positioned, PK is really struggling with that

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Am I the only one skipping all of these giant book-like responses? Not that they’re bad, they are clearly well thought out, it’s just I’m so annoyed by our situation this year I can’t be bothered getting into that much detail. 

I find writing them to be therapeutic in some odd way (and I enjoy writing, period), but I can understand people being so pissed off at this point about the Devils that the last thing that they want to do is read anything in-depth about them.  No offense taken.

• Like 3

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I find writing them to be therapeutic in some odd way (and I enjoy writing, period), but I can understand people being so pissed off at this point about the Devils that the last thing that they want to do is read anything in-depth about them.  No offense taken.

None intended, obviously. I’m sure I’ll read them in time, but I am too frustrated right now. I think watching the games right now is the most effort I can muster. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

None intended, obviously. I’m sure I’ll read them in time, but I am too frustrated right now. I think watching the games right now is the most effort I can muster. 

Was watching Dumb and Dumber with my wife and daughter (no, not Hynes and Nasreddine behind the bench, the actual MOVIE, with the game on record, to watch after D&D wrapped up)...I checked the score on my phone during the second period, and that was the easiest delete of my life. 

I am not watching tonight.  Sure, I might miss a win, but I need a break.  I was there on Saturday, and between that, last night, this general mess of a season, and the fact that fvcking Hynes is STILL here with Ray having apparently gone into full radio silence, I need to not acknowledge them...even if it's only for one game. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

15 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Am I the only one skipping all of these giant book-like responses? Not that they’re bad, they are clearly well thought out, it’s just I’m so annoyed by our situation this year I can’t be bothered getting into that much detail. 

yeah my patience is certainly a bit thinner than it usually is when it comes to hockey

Honestly at this point my whole focus is now on "will JJ Abrams save Star Wars" than "Will Shero fire Hynes and save the Devils". 

hynes has to go though. if we don't have a new coach against chicago i just don't understand. 

• Like 1

Think about, did anyone here think when camp opened in Sept. we'd be discussing stuff like this in Nov./December? I didn't, I honestly thought this team (like many pundits etc) would be pretty darn good. How quickly the worm turns.  I'm bummed, can't turn on XM to hear how sh!tty we are, or NHL channel for same reason.

Devs & Habs in same spot. C. Price picked a bad time to lose his game. (thank god they have KK-oh wait he's in Laval)  finding his game.  Julien will probably lose his job. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

Think about, did anyone here think when camp opened in Sept. we'd be discussing stuff like this in Nov./December? I didn't, I honestly thought this team (like many pundits etc) would be pretty darn good. How quickly the worm turns.  I'm bummed, can't turn on XM to hear how sh!tty we are, or NHL channel for same reason.

Devs & Habs in same spot. C. Price picked a bad time to lose his game. (thank god they have KK-oh wait he's in Laval)  finding his game.  Julien will probably lose his job. 

I didn't expect a run at first place but as I said before, I figured they'd fight for the wild card and be exciting even when losing. I was really wrong

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Was watching Dumb and Dumber with my wife and daughter (no, not Hynes and Nasreddine behind the bench, the actual MOVIE, with the game on record, to watch after D&D wrapped up)...I checked the score on my phone during the second period, and that was the easiest delete of my life. 

I am not watching tonight.  Sure, I might miss a win, but I need a break.  I was there on Saturday, and between that, last night, this general mess of a season, and the fact that fvcking Hynes is STILL here with Ray has apparently going into full radio silence, I need to not acknowledge them...even if it's only for one game. 

Tonight is the third game in a row I will not turn on.

My mom and sister are going. Mom is a Vegas fan, abandoned the Rangers for them. So I hope she sees a win tonight.

Is there a limit on how much of Hall's salary the Devils can retain in a trade?  50% is sticking out in my head.  If that's the case, then Hall can be sent to a lot of different places.  Boston and Tampa come to mind.  Stamkos could sure use a winger.

2 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I didn't expect a run at first place but as I said before, I figured they'd fight for the wild card and be exciting even when losing. I was really wrong

I thought we’d have WC written all over us, especially with how on paper teams in the Metro were due for set backs, and there was no way in hell we’d be as bad as we show.

1 minute ago, Crisis said:

Is there a limit on how much of Hall's salary the Devils can retain in a trade?  50% is sticking out in my head.  If that's the case, then Hall can be sent to a lot of different places.  Boston and Tampa come to mind.  Stamkos could sure use a winger.

If you believe NHL 18, 50% is the max they allow, so that might be the number

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

That'd be a tough sell - Hall would have to be willing to immediately sign an extension for Colorado to even consider that.

He'd be a fool to NOT sign an extension with Colorado if he truly wants to win a cup within the next 5 years, imo, but who knows what Hall is thinking.

If he's hell-bent on going to UFA and screwing us on his way out.. then there's zero chance we're getting a player like Byram.

I'd let them have Hall and retain salary if we got Byram, but you're right. It would be a tough sell. But I think you've got to at least try.

If the Canadiens come knocking I'd be asking about Primeau. I've seen rave reviews about him and our goal tending looks like it'll be awful for quite some time.

11 minutes ago, Crisis said:

I'm sure Shero would consider depending on what we got back in hte trade. I think a lot of teams would want Hall as a rental.

I dropped my daughter off at her Christmas show rehearsal on Saturday, and passed a church that had a sign posted outside,  it was not in an area I could pull over and get a picture, nor was there any parking available. But the message was clear:

”Hall Available For All Occasions”.

God is clearly a Devils fan; he’s ironic like that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3