Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

12 minutes ago, HellOnICE said:

Everyone wants Bo from Colorado. 

I wonder to sweeten the deal to get THE guy - we include Butcher in on this deal. 

Hall/Butcher for Bo and 2nd rounder?

I don't know much about Bo, but if he's as good as people say, then I'd do that deal.  I used to like Butcher, but I feel like he's been largely invisible this year.  He doesn't do much on the PP like I thought he would, and he's not really been a shut-down d-man either, so as far as I'm concerned he's expendable.  Not sure that other teams will view him very highly though.  I guess the fact that he's young, inexpensive, and durable is attractive.

3 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

20191205_150838.thumb.jpg.4ef564dc472b67737493e93630ce96b7.jpg

This is getting exactly the sort of rough reaction from Canucks fans as you would expect. 

I understand wanting both of them to be considered untouchable, but let’s not pretend Hall is some scrub. We’ve seen Hall put a team on his back and win an MVP, and he’ll be in his prime for a handful of years to come. 

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I understand wanting both of them to be considered untouchable, but let’s not pretend Hall is some scrub. We’ve seen Hall put a team on his back and win an MVP, and he’ll be in his prime for a handful of years to come. 

I actually am uncertain about Taylor aging.

8 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

If I was a Vancouver fan and they traded either of those guys for Hall, I’d riot. And Vancouver fans know how to riot.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Daniel said:

One creative deal to get Byram might be something like: Hall, Wood and a 2021 unprotected first round pick if Colorado doesn't sign him to an extension.  Perhaps Colorado gives us the third they got from Toronto for this year.

So you want to trade Hall, Wood, and OUR 2021 (unprotected) 1st to Colorado for Byram and a 3rd??????  You absolutely cannot be trading away our 1st in this deal.  The 2021 pick is probably a lottery pick.  I would have to think (hope) a better deal will be available to Shero than that.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chuck the Duck said:

So you want to trade Hall, Wood, and OUR 2021 (unprotected) 1st to Colorado for Byram and a 3rd??????  You absolutely cannot be trading away our 1st in this deal.  The 2021 pick is probably a lottery pick.  I would have to think (hope) a better deal will be available to Shero than that.

If you think Byram is a future first pairing defenseman, absolutely that 2021 is worth it.

And by then, Ray Shero will be going into year 7 of his tenure here.  Lou was on the verge of winning a Cup by then after starting with just as big a mess.  If after everything Shero has had fallen in his lap and he’s still saying first round picks are needed by then, only the most deluded Shero fanboys or Lou haters could possibly think he should ever be a GM in the league again.

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Like you think he’s a vampire, or his frequent injuries?

The only vampire in the league is Valteri Filppula, which is totally a vampire name which I have mentioned previously. 

If you disagree, say his name with a "vampire accent" and you'll realize I am right. 

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

If I was a Vancouver fan and they traded either of those guys for Hall, I’d riot. And Vancouver fans know how to riot.

Of course, there's no way they are trading either of those guys for Taylor Hall. 

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The only vampire in the league is Valteri Filppula, which is totally a vampire name which I have mentioned previously. 

If you disagree, say his name with a "vampire accent" and you'll realize I am right. 

Of course, there's no way they are trading either of those guys for Taylor Hall. 

Ok yeah, this checks out.

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Word that the Coyotes are interested.  Have a hard time seeing that the teams are a match.  

They might be on the upswing, but I’d be really surprised to see him re-sign there. Non-traditional hockey market, not much playoff success, etc. 

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

They might be on the upswing, but I’d be really surprised to see him re-sign there. Non-traditional hockey market, not much playoff success, etc. 

More like there’s no chance they trade anyone we would want.  And we wouldn’t want anyone they would be willing to trade.  

According to the guy that posted this French article on the subreddit, talks between Shero and Hall broke down over term...which suggests that, at least some point, Hall was open to staying. I'm not sure how credible any of this is but it isn't totallytruehockeyrumors.biz so I feel like I can post it without getting flamed too hard. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

According to the guy that posted this French article on the subreddit, talks between Shero and Hall broke down over term...which suggests that, at least some point, Hall was open to staying. I'm not sure how credible any of this is but it isn't totallytruehockeyrumors.biz so I feel like I can post it without getting flamed too hard. 

Lavoie is a brand name reporter, although he has been known to get things wrong, but not in an Єklund (2.3% accurate) sort of way.

From all the other reports though it really looks like Byram is who Shero wants and that Colorado very well might pull the trigger if they decide Hall is what they need.  

Yeah Lavoie is pretty well connected. Like anything when you're reporting rumours, some stuff won't happen cause deals are falling through all the time but man if we could land Byram, that'd be a huge win.

Colorado might see themselves in a win now mode and may be willing to sacrifice a good young player to get a guy like taylor hall. So man, that'd be aweome.

Also read reports from MTL saying that Scott Burnside fromThe Athletic had discussions with someone pretty well connected in the NHL and says MTL would have to offer one of Cayden Primeau, Ryan Poehling, Nick Suzuki or Josh Brook + a first round pick would be the price. Brook would probably be the target as we obviously need help on the D

• Like 2

Byram really does make a lot of sense for both teams. We desperately need help on the blue line, and Colorado already has Makar. What’s left of Hall’s prime probably fits their window of winning a Cup. 

I feel like we’d have to throw something else in the deal though. 

Hypothetically, I have to say if the rumors about Hall not being satisfied with year options that allegedly may have come up during these rumored "shopping" discussions, we might look like a real option for him. Looks like teams may be skeptical about throwing term at him with his current performance and injury concern. His slow start might be a 'good' thing for us, and we may just be able to lock him up. Pie in the sky maybe, but Daniel may be right with his Rebuild 2.0 comments. Just that though, and just maybe. 

15 hours ago, HellOnICE said:

Everyone wants Bo from Colorado. 

I wonder to sweeten the deal to get THE guy - we include Butcher in on this deal. 

Hall/Butcher for Bo and 2nd rounder?

I'm hesitant to offer Butcher. Yes he's been quiet, but he's a decent D and he CHOSE to come here. The last thing we need to do at this point is show we don't give a sh!t about 'loyalty' to any potential future players that pick us

Not sure why people think they’d have to give up more than hall to get byram.  Whoever gets hall, especially a team like Colorado is looking to win right now.  If anything I think it should be the other way around.  Devils are way off from being competitive again and if they ever plan to be anytime soon they better start with major roster changes since most have been $hit.  Nothing fvcking changes and I’m now pissed writing this post at 12:30 am.  I’m going to bed, fvcking tired and now mad.