Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Mackenzie Blackwood is as big and athletic as they come and he can’t stop anything either.  Ben Bishop is big, not as athletic and a lot older and he stops the puck just fine.

Ray, you’ve got one last opportunity to get his right and get a real coach who isn’t your buddy and is not associated with the Penguins AHL team.  Cause right now, you are the absolute worst thing that ever happened to this organization.  And if Mike fvcking Yeo is in your plans you, everyone loosely involved in that decision, and every person who is close to you gets shot into the fvcking sun just to be on the safe side.

Sorry, I know I said I wouldn’t address this anymore, but seeing what a clown organization this has become makes me upset.

Well to clarify I do agree that our coaching sucks and that it is one of if not the biggest problems on this miserable team. I'm just saying that isn't what ruined Schneider, he didn't forget how to play net, injuries broke him. Blackwood is actually coming along fairly well.

Ray does have to do better with his coaching going forward, no doubt about that.

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

If Joe Sakic isn’t willing to part with a player not on his roster who hasn’t played an NHL shift in exchange for even the chance to rent a Hart Trophy winner who will make them effective Cup favorites, then he isn’t doing his job. It all depends on how close he thinks they are. If he truly thinks they are a Taylor Hall away from a Cup and he still won’t make the deal, he’s committing franchise malpractice. If Bowen Byram is not in a Hall trade, it means Sakic doesn’t think they’re winning the Cup this year, with or without Hall. 

I don't think it's worth for them to go all-in like that, there's no rush. Still a very young team and Hall doesn't guarantee a cup either. Hell nothing is ever guaranteed.

IMO they'd be better off go for it this year as they are... and just sign Taylor next summer and keep Byram or whoever they would have traded for a run next year.

You don't sacrifice your top prospect that could help you in the future for a few months of a guy with a history of injuries like Taylor Hall. Just look at what happened to the stars last year with Zuccs

6 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

I don't think it's worth for them to go all-in like that, there's no rush. Still a very young team and Hall doesn't guarantee a cup either. Hell nothing is ever guaranteed.

IMO they'd be better off go for it this year as they are... and just sign Taylor next summer and keep Byram or whoever they would have traded for a run next year.

You don't sacrifice your top prospect that could help you in the future for a few months of a guy with a history of injuries like Taylor Hall. Just look at what happened to the stars last year with Zuccs

Luckily you aren’t Colorado’s GM.

Just now, hit the post said:

How depressed must Byram be knowing he might be coming here giving up any chance for a cup. I know its a part of the business but it still must suck.

There's some young talent here and there's basically no one to block his path.  It would be a huge opportunity for him.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MB3 said:

What about trading Taylor Hall straight up for Spencer Knight? One of the best goalie prospects in hockey, Florida just signed Bobrovsky to a 7-year contract making him the richest goalie in hockey. They're competing, attempting to make it out of the first round of the playoffs for the first time since 1996. Imagine a Hall-Barkov-Dadonov line? 

would want a little more but that's an option also.

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

Pretty much every Devils player under the age of 30 lives in Hoboken or JC.  They want to be near NYC lol.

But they didn't choose the Devils for that reason. Did any of our players under 30 (save for Butcher) choose the Devils at all??

1 hour ago, HellOnICE said:

We cannot trade our best asset for a goalie. I'd rather wait and overpay for Robin Lehner at this point on July 1st, or who knows - maybe we can trade something for him now.

Sure we can. Goaltending has been a problem for the last 4 years and as good as Blackwood looks some nights we have no idea if he’ll ever turn into a true #1. If you can get a Spencer Knight one-for-one for half a season of Taylor Hall you do it and don’t think twice. 

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Sure we can. Goaltending has been a problem for the last 4 years and as good as Blackwood looks some nights we have no idea if he’ll ever turn into a true #1. If you can get a Spencer Knight one-for-one for half a season of Taylor Hall you do it and don’t think twice. 

No f'n way. Go for D. We need D in the worst way.

• Like 1

#29 is a very good goaltender imo. He can play 2 periods of lights out hockey, and let a clunker in.  And he seems fragile as well as the rest of the team. Whether he's a true #1, we'll have to see. It's his crease for the time being. Domingue sure as hell won't be taking it away anytime soon. I think we need shut down physical D-men to start. Guys we don't have to rely on to score. I thought he kept us in the game last night.

10 minutes ago, HellOnICE said:

We need D in the worst way.

Speak for yourself lol. 

16 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Yup, I’d have no issue with that. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HellOnICE said:

No f'n way. Go for D. We need D in the worst way.

We also need goaltending, which can cover up bad defense to a degree. 

There seems to be not much else in the system even if Blackwood does keep improving. That’s a problem. 

2 hours ago, MB3 said:

What about trading Taylor Hall straight up for Spencer Knight? One of the best goalie prospects in hockey, Florida just signed Bobrovsky to a 7-year contract making him the richest goalie in hockey. They're competing, attempting to make it out of the first round of the playoffs for the first time since 1996. Imagine a Hall-Barkov-Dadonov line? 

Knight is pretty much the only goalie I'd do this for. 

To some degree it's true that what you trade Taylor Hall for will reveal what the plan is moving forward. Does Shero believe in the integrity of the core roster? Or as things stand does he think next year is out of the question as well?

The issue is that Taylor Hall is a large part of the so-called integrity of the roster and the Devils are kind of forced to trade him, thus making it exponentially more risky to try and salvage what's left of the roster for next year. In other words, if you trade Taylor Hall, whether you like the word or not, the Devils have extended their rebuild a few years down the line. And in this scenario, the Devils shouldn't be looking to risk the Hall chip on a single asset in return, especially not a top goalie prospect. The best way to go is to bring back as many significant assets as possible in order to revamp the prospect pipeline into one that could produce the pieces the Devils will be missing starting next year. If you get a Duchene-like haul (two second tier prospects, a first round pick and a conditional first round pick - and the Devils might have to add in something else) the Devils would then have two first round picks this year, a small shot at two first round picks next year, and an additional two prospects who have NHL potential all added to the pipeline. You could then of course trade Vatanen for a late first or to attempt to recoup some assortment of the second/third round picks that were lost in obtaining Subban and Gusev. Add in Ty Smith who's an NHLer, as well as an assortment of other "maybes" in the Devils system (Talvitie, White, Walsh, etc...) and the system will be in a lot better shape than it is now. And if it's a top goalie prospect you want, then go ahead and use one of your bevy of draft picks on a goalie.

Edited by Neb00rs

3 hours ago, MB3 said:

When I made this proposal a couple months I believe it was you who responded saying it wouldn’t work because Knight is the heir apparent in Fla (despite Bob being on a 7 year deal) and thus Florida wouldn’t make that deal. I’d still absolutely make that deal if I am Shero and Fla is willing. Knight is arguably the top goalie prospect around.

Edited by devlman

Just now, devlman said:

When I made this proposal a couple months I believe it was you who responded saying it wouldn’t work because Knight is the heir apparent in Fla (despite Bob being on a 7 year deal) and thus Florida wouldn’t make that deal. 

If that’s true, that’s funny.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

To some degree it's true that what you trade Taylor Hall for will reveal what the plan is moving forward. Does Shero believe in the integrity of the core roster? Or as things stand does he think next year is out of the question as well?

I disagree only because there’s nothing we don’t need. We need help on both ends of the ice plus goal. Our minor league affiliate is very weak. If Hall gets you a great forward prospect instead of a great defensive prospect, I think that’s ok. 

If he gets you your goalie of the future, that’s also great. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

The issue is that Taylor Hall is a large part of the so-called integrity of the roster and the Devils are kind of forced to trade him, thus making it exponentially more risky to try and salvage what's left of the roster for next year. In other words, if you trade Taylor Hall, whether you like the word or not, the Devils have extended their rebuild a few years down the line. And in this scenario, the Devils shouldn't be looking to risk the Hall chip on a single asset in return, especially not a top goalie prospect. The best way to go is to bring back as many significant assets as possible in order to revamp the prospect pipeline into one that could produce the pieces the Devils will be missing starting next year. If you get a Duchene-like haul (two second tier prospects, a first round pick and a conditional first round pick - and the Devils might have to add in something else) the Devils would then have two first round picks this year, a small shot at two first round picks next year, and an additional two prospects who have NHL potential all added to the pipeline. You could then of course trade Vatanen for a late first or to attempt to recoup some assortment of the second/third round picks that were lost in obtaining Subban and Gusev. Add in Ty Smith who's an NHLer, as well as an assortment of other "maybes" in the Devils system (Talvitie, White, Walsh, etc...) and the system will be in a lot better shape than it is now. And if it's a top goalie prospect you want, then go ahead and use one of your bevy of draft picks on a goalie.

We’ve been drafting goalies for years now, and we have exactly one guy to show for it atm. Elite goalie prospects (ie Knight) are hard to come by. 

• Like 1