Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

Just now, DevsMan84 said:

I was thinking more of what Shero does with those extra 2nd and 3rd round picks.  I can imagine he is likely not keeping all of them and will be traded for an actual roster player from a team looking to shed salary.

It likely will not move the needle much, but it is something.

Personally, I think he already has his mind made up one way or the other. If the direction of the team was his primary concern, he'd have to be completely turned off by last offseason. But I hope I'm wrong. 

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

IMO, and I'm beating a dead horse here, but there's absolutely no way you can go into this season with Hall on the team if he's not extended.  

All these scenarios suck:

A. He gets hurt again, his value plummets, we get nothing for him.

B. He plays very well, strings the Devils along all season long and then leaves for nothing.

C. It's awkward all year with tons of gossip and drama surrounding the team, we end up shipping him off at the deadline or something for pennies on the dollar.

At the absolute latest, I think he can't be on this team in November if he hasn't signed an extension.

While I don't like or want any of those scenarios to happen, option C might not result in shipping him off for pennies on the dollar.  Lots of teams tend to overpay at the deadline, particularly those who are in contention and/or trying to make a legitimate Cup run, so he may bring back a good return at that point.  Granted it may have to have a contingency that he signs a contract with them, but that's not at all unheard of in this day and age.  Again, I don't want this to happen.  Just sayin'

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Personally, I think he already has his mind made up one way or the other. If the direction of the team was his primary concern, he'd have to be completely turned off by last offseason. But I hope I'm wrong. 

Why would he be completely turned off by last season?  True, we didn't have the season we wanted, but HE was the main reason for that.  He has to know he's the/a cornerstone of this team - some players are cool with that,  I thought he was one of them - I guess we'll find out.

10 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Why would he be completely turned off by last season?  True, we didn't have the season we wanted, but HE was the main reason for that.  He has to know he's the/a cornerstone of this team - some players are cool with that,  I thought he was one of them - I guess we'll find out.

You misread what i wrote. Last OFFSEASON. As in, we drafted Ty Smith and then didn't do anything else. If, in fact, he is looking for us to do something to show him we are making our best effort to win, then drafting a good prospect and accomplishing little else probably isn't what he wants to see. 

10 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

this is going to be a long summer, debating all of these possibilities with hall. All of this because one guy posted some nonsense article. 

It would have been with or without the article. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You misread what i wrote. Last OFFSEASON. As in, we drafted Ty Smith and then didn't do anything else. If, in fact, he is looking for us to do something to show him we are making our best effort to win, then drafting a good prospect and accomplishing little else probably isn't what he wants to see. 

Whoops.  My bad.

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

This part makes me a little more hopeful...

But what one should also take into consideration is what Hall said immediately after expressing his dismay over one playoff appearance in his thus-far nine-year career: “You also want to be cognizant of the process and not go chasing after the wrong situation.”

• Like 1

he wants to win and to have big money. All that is more than fair. The last part is not really a problem for the Devils right now. The first one, it all depends on how much he trust Ray & the Staff.

As the article says, it will be difficult to find a team that offer as much money and a strong team to win now.
I'm as sure he signs with us that we draft Hugues in 2 weeks ! 

3 hours ago, moustic said:

he wants to win and to have big money. All that is more than fair. The last part is not really a problem for the Devils right now. The first one, it all depends on how much he trust Ray & the Staff.

As the article says, it will be difficult to find a team that offer as much money and a strong team to win now.
I'm as sure he signs with us that we draft Hugues in 2 weeks ! 

I don’t know the details of every team’s cap hit, but I find it hard to believe there’s not at least 2-3 contenders that could make a space for him at a price that makes him happy. 

EDIT: While looking at teams with a lot of cap, I noticed there’s a definite correlation between having a lot of available money and not making the playoffs/being a borderline playoff team. Generally speaking, all of the really good teams that went deep the last couple years have very little cap space. 

There are at least 5 playoff teams that had enough space this year that, combined with a couple dollars coming off on expiring deals, would have enough to pay Hall what we would, minus year 8. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

There are at least 5 playoff teams that had enough space this year that, combined with a couple dollars coming off on expiring deals, would have enough to pay Hall what we would, minus year 8. 

Yeah ok but your analysis doesn't match with what i want... So i would rather not read what you say type and pretend you are not there. 
Go away Jonathan ! (yeah courtesy of SD, you are now Jonathan ! ) 

38 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

EDIT: While looking at teams with a lot of cap, I noticed there’s a definite correlation between having a lot of available money and not making the playoffs/being a borderline playoff team. Generally speaking, all of the really good teams that went deep the last couple years have very little cap space. 

I feel like that's....pretty obvious? Or at least VERY common, and not just in hockey, but in all sports.  Maybe hockey to a lesser extent, I'm not sure, but just look at baseball - with the exception of the Rays, who seemingly ever few years are a phenomenon and have a good team with one of the absolute lowest payrolls ever, for the most part, most teams that are cellar dwellers are the ones who have spent peanuts compared to the teams atop the standings.  

On 6/4/2019 at 7:53 AM, SterioDesign said:

mmm i'm confused as to why you're asking me specifically? hahaha I was not part of this part of the discussion at all 

From the other thread, your direct quote of me:

That's precisely a big problem in society right now lol Fans thinking they are entitled to anything lol

all those petitions to get shows remade  or removed from canon cause they dont like something is getting ridiculous haha

2 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I feel like that's....pretty obvious? Or at least VERY common, and not just in hockey, but in all sports.  Maybe hockey to a lesser extent, I'm not sure, but just look at baseball - with the exception of the Rays, who seemingly ever few years are a phenomenon and have a good team with one of the absolute lowest payrolls ever, for the most part, most teams that are cellar dwellers are the ones who have spent peanuts compared to the teams atop the standings.  

For sure, my only point was, we should stop sitting on a pile of money and put a team on the ice that can compete. 

Except for Edmonton, they are capped out and they suck lol. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MB3 said:

So Taylor Hall admitted in his recent interview after playing PUBG that he “definitely” recognizes some of the same fans in the building every game. 

And you guys laughed at me for wearing assless chaps and a mesh shirt with nipple rings.

who’s laughing now, jerkoffs.

I KNEW he liked you back. 

On 6/12/2019 at 12:13 PM, MB3 said:

So Taylor Hall admitted in his recent interview after playing PUBG that he “definitely” recognizes some of the same fans in the building every game. 

And you guys laughed at me for wearing assless chaps and a mesh shirt with nipple rings.

who’s laughing now, jerkoffs.

I'm laughing but I'm also terrified at that visual.

Okay, I asked in the offseason thread and got no response so I'll ask here.

Maybe it's because I'm not asking in the right place.

Can anyone here tell me what a Reasonable contract Shero could give to Hall? 

And I mean in Money and Years.

I asked MB3 before but I guess he didn't see my post so I'll ask here.  

24 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

8/$8 or 8/$9

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

He's likely going to sign a $10/10.5M per year contract for 8 years if he stays with the Devils.

• Like 1