Derlique

The Taylor Hall Watch Thread

I don't care who our captain is...  as long as he can calmly work things out with the referee.
The locker room will follow who they follow.

36 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

And that matters because...

Cause I'm salty and ready for him to move on and not be a pawn for Hynes to use as a top-pair defender

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crisis said:

That was sarcasm, homie

..or was it?

So was my statement.

Or was it not?

Posted (edited)

So forgot to post about this after the game... but did anyone else panic a bit when Hall got his bell rung the other night?  

I know I'm sounding like a broken record here, but.. the nightmare scenario of Hall getting hurt, being untradable, and then walking in the summer seems all-too-plausible to me.

Have to reach resolution on this one way or the other ASAP in my opinion.

Edited by Devilsfan118

2 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

So forgot to post about this after the game... but did anyone else panic a bit when Hall got his bell rung the other night?  

I know I'm sounding like a broken record here, but.. the nightmare scenario of Hall getting hurt, being untradable, and then walking in the summer seems all-too-plausible to me.

Have to reach resolution on this one way or the other ASAP in my opinion.

No I didn’t. Because I’m tired of everyone hitting panic buttons for everything. This is the most paranoid fan base on earth. It’s exhausting.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

No I didn’t. Because I’m tired of everyone hitting panic buttons for everything. This is the most paranoid fan base on earth. It’s exhausting.

Eh fair enough, but I don't think being concerned about managing our team's assets necessarily equates to being paranoid. 

Hall's injury history is what it is.

On 10/9/2019 at 10:29 AM, MadDog2020 said:

This isn't even remotely close to the most paranoid fanbase on earth. And there's significant history proving that marquis free agents don't want to stick around in Jersey.

24 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Zero part of that article, from a writer I respect, make me think Taylor Hall is signing here.

The part about him being fascinated with Tavares' FA process makes me want to vomit. If it ever gets to that point, it'll be a categorical failure on the part of Ray Shero. 

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

The part about him being fascinated with Tavares' FA process makes me want to vomit. If it ever gets to that point, it'll be a categorical failure on the part of Ray Shero. 

Yeah, I don't want to sound 'paranoid' but I didn't get the warm-and-fuzzies reading this.

21 minutes ago, MB3 said:

This isn't even remotely close to the most paranoid fanbase on earth. And there's significant history proving that marquis free agents don't want to stick around in Jersey.

Marquis-de-Sade.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

It absolutely is. It’s ridiculous and annoying.

2 hours ago, MB3 said:

Zero part of that article, from a writer I respect, make me think Taylor Hall is signing here.

To be honest, with Hall nothing has changed for me. It has always been the case since he arrived that this team would have to start making the playoffs and being competitive for him to stay. 

During the playoff season my hopes were high, after last year my expectations dropped to basically zero. The first half of this season was crucial. 

I fully expect Hall to be traded. 

Just now, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

To be honest, with Hall nothing has changed for me. It has always been the case since he arrived that this team would have to start making the playoffs and being competitive for him to stay. 

During the playoff season my hopes were high, after last year my expectations dropped to basically zero. The first half of this season was crucial. 

I fully expect Hall to be traded. 

Yup, as do I. 

39 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

It absolutely is. It’s ridiculous and annoying.

It isn’t, that’s ridiculous and annoying hyperbole. My wife’s favorite soccer team; Coxa Blanca; had a terrible season ago. When the coach said the fans were acting like babies, the next home game he was pelted with soiled diapers. The field was covered in feces; mostly from a baby but I can guarantee all of those fans didn’t have children. That’s not an example of paranoia; but it’s definitely an example of the extremes that sports fanbases take that we’re not even close to. 

im active on a Yankees subreddit; the team is in a tough series against a historically good Houston Astros team and you’d think we were Mets fans. Every single base hit is evidence that Cashman should be fired; every strikeout is proof that Judge is a one-season wonder; every Saturday afternoon loss to the blue Jays is evidence the Yankees will never win another pennant. 

You’re familiar with devils fans so you just assume we’re the worst.

we’re not, stop. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MB3 said:

Not really sure he's said anything new, just fills out a couple paragraphs with fluff to keep curious Canadian readers coming back for more next time he deals more fluff; typical Canadian hockey media. Any one of us could've written that article.

6 minutes ago, DJ Eco said:

Not really sure he's said anything new, just fills out a couple paragraphs with fluff to keep curious Canadian readers coming back for more next time he deals more fluff; typical Canadian hockey media. Any one of us could've written that article.

We could’ve, but we aren’t connected like he is. And I’d never heard the whole “Hall was enamored  with how Tavares handled free agency” which is sort of like hearing “your wife is enamored with how her best friend handled her affair” 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, MB3 said:

We could’ve, but we aren’t connected like he is. And I’d never heard the whole “Hall was enamored  with how Tavares handled free agency” which is sort of like hearing “your wife is enamored with how her best friend handled her affair” 

https://thehockeywriters.com/hall-tavares-free-agency-changes/

I didn’t like Hall’s comments about it. But it is not like he said I am totally going to do the same thing.

Hopefully, neither did your hypothetical person’s wife.

3 hours ago, MB3 said:

It isn’t, that’s ridiculous and annoying hyperbole. My wife’s favorite soccer team; Coxa Blanca; had a terrible season ago. When the coach said the fans were acting like babies, the next home game he was pelted with soiled diapers. The field was covered in feces; mostly from a baby but I can guarantee all of those fans didn’t have children. That’s not an example of paranoia; but it’s definitely an example of the extremes that sports fanbases take that we’re not even close to. 

im active on a Yankees subreddit; the team is in a tough series against a historically good Houston Astros team and you’d think we were Mets fans. Every single base hit is evidence that Cashman should be fired; every strikeout is proof that Judge is a one-season wonder; every Saturday afternoon loss to the blue Jays is evidence the Yankees will never win another pennant. 

You’re familiar with devils fans so you just assume we’re the worst.

we’re not, stop. 

I never said we were the worst- I love us. But we’re paranoid as fvck. I don’t think it’s hyperbole to say that.

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

I never said we were the worst- I love us. But we’re paranoid as fvck. I don’t think it’s hyperbole to say that.

I don’t even know if it’s the entire fan base or just those on this board.

24 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t even know if it’s the entire fan base or just those on this board.

HF Devils is worse and I imagine /R/ Devils is worse than that.

16 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

HF Devils is worse and I imagine /R/ Devils is worse than that.

Facebook/instagram is by far the worst. 

HF is next, r/Devils is after that. And then us. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

Facebook/instagram is by far the worst. 

HF is next, r/Devils is after that. And then us. 

I don’t even go to those. I joined one group on Facebook but I had to leave after like 2 days because they posted too much.

18 minutes ago, Devils01 said:

I’d require Larsson plus 2-3 assets. Trade is no longer one for one. 

• Like 4