Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

4 hours ago, '7' said:

We're 3-5-4. It's way too early to throw in the towel on this season and talk about dealing Hall etc. No conclusions can be drawn yet about anything

i highly disagree with this statement

The conclusion that many many Devils fans are highly pessimistic can be drawn from that

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i highly disagree with this statement

The conclusion that many many Devils fans are highly pessimistic can be drawn from that

Keep going man, you’ve been making total sense to me lately. I might have to have a Zacha-like reversal of opinion on you. 

37 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i mean honestly... that year that we made the playoffs... we lost ssooooo many games that we "ABSOLUTELY HAD TO WIN IF WE WANT A CHANCE AT THE PLAYOFFS" according to many members here lol and well we still made the playoffs lol

Yeah I think that season got called off like 30 times down the stretch. 

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

You guys can downplay this horrible start all you want, but I know how I’d bet as far as making the playoffs. 

Oh I’m not saying we’ll make it. I’m just saying it’s not impossible after 3 losses. It would take a monumental turnaround. 

49 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

He is mistaken. I looked into the muddy water just now, rolled an Apple on a  plate and result is 37,83%.

i know he is good in what he is doing. But if this road trip goes to an end on high note - talks will go on other way.

• Like 3

this mckenzie is not the meckenzie who will decides if hall stays. the real mckenzie did his part last night.. you can see the importance of taylor hall to this team when we play big fast teams like the jets.. I can do without the 5 horrible turnovers, but hes strong and fast and not intimidated. we really need to sign him

• Like 2

There's a reason why Shero is an NHL GM and I'm not - but if I was him, I would tell his agent in plain terms today:

"Here's the contract.  Either Taylor signs it by Thanksgiving or I'm going to immediately begin searching for a trade partner in December".

Like, the terms of the contract aren't going to change much between now and the end of the year.  10.5 x 8, 11 x 8, whatever. It's time to make up his mind if he wants to help bring this team back to the playoffs or not.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

It's time to make up his mind if he wants to help bring this team back to the playoffs or not.

Either he wants to be part of the solution, or he wants to go to a situation where he’s the second banana on a ready-made team like Colorado. His decision will say a lot about him.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Either he wants to be part of the solution, or he wants to go to a situation where he’s the second banana on a ready-made team like Colorado. His decision will say a lot about him.

I don't think that many players care if they were the most important or least important player on the team when they win a cup.  They just want their name engraved on it and their ring.

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:13 AM, NJDfan1711 said:

I usually like McKenzie and think he's right quite a bit, but on this I will just say go fvck yourself (him, not you) and I don't care what he thinks :) 

I used to have great faith in Bob Mckenzie, he was the only one who called a Devils cup victory back in 95

but him and Dreger were way off this summer on the Marner contract.

Like $2 million dollars off.

And no one called them out on it either. That is a huge mistake on their part, and now I don't believe a lot of their hunches/rumours

3 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I don't think that many players care if they were the most important or least important player on the team when they win a cup.  They just want their name engraved on it and their ring.

Except for egomaniacs like Subban :P

9 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

I used to have great faith in Bob Mckenzie, he was the only one who called a Devils cup victory back in 95

but him and Dreger were way off this summer on the Marner contract.

Like $2 million dollars off.

And no one called them out on it either. That is a huge mistake on their part, and now I don't believe a lot of their hunches/rumours

They reported what they heard at the time. It's CLEAR that the marner contract talks were alll over the place so the number they had at some point were surely discussed at some point

How do we look as a team without Hall? Can we remain competitive or is it back to the rebuild? He hasn’t put up that many goals yet but he drives the play a lot of the time and he gets a lot of ice time. 

They could move Bratt up to the 1st line at LW and put Boqvist on the 2nd line. But is that enough? Do we need to find another winger if he does leave or are we deep enough? 

Personally I think we’ve played well enough, even though the results don’t exactly show it, to convince him that we can consistently make the playoffs going forward but I still think he wants to play somewhere else. 

I'm just curious what we do going forward. Shero and Hynes have to make everyone else believe they are still a good team if he leaves. That or I guess sell off the older guys and commit to another few years of the rebuild.

Edited by Jerzey