Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

40 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Well it's funny how he only comes out with this nugget NOW, after they met.

The writing's on the wall at this point but this is probably going to be a slow, painful ripping of the band-aid.  People expecting a trade this weekend are going to be dissapointed.  Teams don't have as much cap room banked early in the season plus it's still November, I don't really think any GM that did a ton of win-now moves in the offseason is rushing to cash out barely a month into that season.

The fact that it’s a dumpster fire of a team doesn’t help things.  

It's looking more like the Devils' timeline for being a contending team is a bit further down the road than we thought, so trading Hall is only making more sense. I think trading Hall for a package similar to what Mark Stone got last season would be a really good thing. There are a lot of talented, young defensemen that have yet to break into the league, many of which can be trade targets. And possibly even better is the idea of trading for a young goalie that can be a long term solution. Some teams (e.g. Montreal, Vancouver, and to a lesser extent Columbus) may be willing to part with one in a package for a star player like Hall.

I think Vancouver could be a very good trade partner for the Devils. They are ready to contend now, and they've got a lot of talent in their system. DiPietro, Demko, Podkolzin, Jet Woo, Nils Hoglander, and probably a couple of others could be good targets.

6 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

The writing's on the wall at this point but this is probably going to be a slow, painful ripping of the band-aid.  People expecting a trade this weekend are going to be dissapointed.  Teams don't have as much cap room banked early in the season plus it's still November, I don't really think any GM that did a ton of win-now moves in the offseason is rushing to cash out barely a month into that season.

Yeah Ray made the moves he did for a reason...he thought that they would help the team take a step forward.  He’s not going to bail on his current vision in early November.  GMs rarely operate on the same time table that fans do.

But it’s impossible not to be concerned about PK and Goose.  And as much as I do like Shero in general, it’s fair to say that his luck lately hasn’t been terribly good...he makes moves that make sense, only to see them not work out as hoped...seems like that started with MoJo and Mueller, and might very well be continuing with PK and Goose.  Hope the latter two get it going by the end of this month.

As for Hall...it’s a bummer for sure that it looks more and more like he won’t be here beyond this season, but the guy will have trade value (as long as he stays healthy)...of course, you don’t tend to get as much back as you’d like, but I don’t see Shero just letting him walk at the end of the season.  

15 hours ago, devlman said:

I officially am of the opinion that Hall should be traded. Get some valuable young pieces to add to this core. He’s not a winner and he's injury prone. Best to trade him now to add to our rebuild, get his cancerous attitude away from the young players and get value for him before his inevitable long-term injury occurs.

It’s fine if you’re not happy about the state of the team so far, but how exactly is Hall cancerous?  Other than the comments about the boos that were way overblown, he hasn’t been bitching about being a Devil or publicly lobbying to be dealt.  

There’s been times where I’ve wondered about how much of a “winner” he is, but his MVP season proved that he can definitely play a huge role in helping a team win.  I can’t put it all on him that he’s been in multiple bad situations.  

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It’s fine if you’re not happy about the state of the team so far, but how exactly is Hall cancerous?  Other than the comments about the boos that were way overblown, he hasn’t been bitching about being a Devil or publicly lobbying to be dealt.  

There’s been times where I’ve wondered about how much of a “winner” he is, but his MVP season proved that he can definitely play a huge role in helping a team win.  I can’t put it all on him that he’s been in multiple bad situations.  

You don’t like where the team is, that falls on two people, Shero and Hynes.  It’s their job to build a winner and get the team to perform to be a winner.  In four years they have proven they can’t do it, and not by a long shot, but ownership is sticking with Ray for at least another five years and Hynes isn’t going anywhere.  I wouldn’t want to be here for the rest of my career either if I were Hall.

The only thing we can do is not go to games or chant Fire Ray and Fire Hynes if you have to go to the games.  

The Devils organization tolerates and is content with losing.  Something I never thought I’d hear myself say.  

11 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Taylor is not worth the money he's going to get paid. 1 good season with us doesn't warrant 11mil x 8 or something like that. 

Until he wins 3 Cups with the Avs and all we get in return is a crummy draft pick who Hynes, in his eighth year with the team will refuse to play and probably sucks anyway, and Nikita Zadorov because any defenseman is an improvement over the horrid group Ray has constructed this far.

Edited by Daniel

22 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Taylor is not worth the money he's going to get paid. 1 good season with us doesn't warrant 11mil x 8 or something like that. 

PPG players don’t grow on trees. I honestly think he’s worth the money even with his age/injuries. He drives play nearly as good as anyone in the league. 

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Daniel every day be like:

e3 2015 GIF

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

PPG players don’t grow on trees. I honestly think he’s worth the money even with his age/injuries. He drives play nearly as good as anyone in the league. 

I think I’d go 9 with hall, cap out at 10, but definitely not 11.

that being said, i wish this drama would end already. 

5 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I’m overblowing things with the cancerous part, but just said it because of his track record of losing, and his frankly sub par performances this year. He’s supposed to be a leader yet commits tons of turnovers being careless with the puck. If your leader is doing that then it’s going to rub off on the rest of the team. 

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

You don’t like where the team is, that falls on two people, Shero and Hynes.  It’s their job to build a winner and get the team to perform to be a winner.  In four years they have proven they can’t do it, and not by a long shot, but ownership is sticking with Ray for at least another five years and Hynes isn’t going anywhere.  I wouldn’t want to be here for the rest of my career either if I were Hall.

The only thing we can do is not go to games or chant Fire Ray and Fire Hynes if you have to go to the games.  

The Devils organization tolerates and is content with losing.  Something I never thought I’d hear myself say.  

Maybe it’s time you found another team... 

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Maybe it’s time you found another team... 

Better off being no team.  

But I’ll ask you, what has Shero done in four going on five years here or during his time in Pittsburgh that tells you he knows how to build a winning team besides getting no brainer draft picks?  

When Dallas fleeced Chiarelli, at least they were able to do something with it.  We got one playoff win, and likely Zadarov and crap for Hall.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Better off being no team.  

But I’ll ask you, what has Shero done in four going on five years here or during his time in Pittsburgh that tells you he knows how to build a winning team besides getting no brainer draft picks?  

When Dallas fleeced Chiarelli, at least they were able to do something with it.  We got one playoff win, and likely Zadarov and crap for Hall.

emo GIF

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Daniel said:

not saying this is true, but if so then...were just gonna be a farm team for the nhl, a mickey mouse club if you will.

devastating.

10 hours ago, jagknife said:

I think I’d go 9 with hall, cap out at 10, but definitely not 11.

11 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

I'd pay him 11.5 for 7 if he decided this month... unfortunately  he doesn't want it..

Sorry, but he’s probably getting $11m from someone, he isn’t signing here for $9m or $10m.  The only shot we’d have is overwhelming him with cash ($11.5m is a good number) times 8 years, and even that is unlikely to be enough.