Derlique

The Taylor Hall Watch Thread

17 hours ago, MB3 said:

I would pick that smokeshow over a “Latina girl with meat on her bones” any day of the week and twice on Sunday. 

Chances are this girl is his type, lol.

Not to be creepy or anything but isn't your girl Brazilian? 😵

7 hours ago, Crisis said:

Not to be creepy or anything but isn't your girl Brazilian? 😵

Hahaha not creepy at all. She sure is! But she falls in the “no meat on her bones” category. 

10 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Hahaha not creepy at all. She sure is! But she falls in the “no meat on her bones” category. 

And the “tolerant of gay for Hall” category, as well. 

On 4/18/2019 at 8:27 AM, NJDfan1711 said:

If our team looks something like this next season up front, I don't see how they aren't at least in the conversation for a wildcard spot, if not even better:

Hall - Hischier - Palmieri

Bratt - Hughes - FA

Wood - Zacha - Coleman

Agostini - Zajac - Q

I think we need to go after a solid right wing in free agency.  We lack some serious depth at that position.  I'm not sure I bump Zajac all the way down to the 4th line, but I think at this point Zacha needs to be getting some regular minutes, and with how much Zajac still plays on the PK, cutting down his even strength minutes may not be the end of the world. 

Only other issue I have is Agostini and/or Q - I'm not really sold on Agostini, and Q is what he is.  Neither of those spots really worry me much though, as they're both pretty replaceable with any serviceable AHLer that we see fit to call up.  Ideally it'd be nice if we could acquire a cheap free agent in the summer to take over one of those spots though.  

Bratt - Hughes - Panarin    

One can dream.  😉

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Bratt - Hughes - Panarin    

One can dream.  😉

being able to sign Panarin would basically be like drafting Hughes AND Kakko

• Like 3

11 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

My reaction : spacer.png

I mean....I am a Jets fan myself but....but why? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, glenwo2 said:

My reaction : spacer.png

I mean....I am a Jets fan myself but....but why? 

Why not?  Showing one of the biggest sports superstars in your market some love to generate buzz on draft day is just a smart marketing move in my opinion.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Is it me or am I now seeing Taylor Hall a lot more than I ever did when the Devils were actually, you know, playing hockey?

16 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Is it me or am I now seeing Taylor Hall a lot more than I ever did when the Devils were actually, you know, playing hockey?

Taylor Hall not signing with the Devils confirmed.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

To be fair, the season is over now... he’s on his own time. The team probably told him to lay low during the season.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

To be fair, the season is over now... he’s on his own time. The team probably told him to lay low during the season.

Oh I know, not ripping Taylor or anyone else, or making any bold statements.  Just a random observation.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

6 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I don’t think his beach pictures would have been well received if they were posted while he was on IR. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

What about throwing money at Wild Bill instead of Marner? Worth it?

Edited by slasher72

It can only be a good thing that he's putting in time with the owners, presumably speaking with Shero as well.

Fingers crossed.  I'm fairly optimistic about this one, don't know why.  Never felt this good about Parise.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

It can only be a good thing that he's putting in time with the owners, presumably speaking with Shero as well.

Fingers crossed.  I'm fairly optimistic about this one, don't know why.  Never felt this good about Parise.

Because it’s not Lou. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I felt this good about Parise when the video circulated of him walking outside The Rock talking to fans saying “Don’t worry, I’m staying.” 

Until I watch his press conference, I’m staying in my baseline “needlessly pessimistic”.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I felt this good about Parise when the video circulated of him walking outside The Rock talking to fans saying “Don’t worry, I’m staying.” 

Until I watch his press conference, I’m staying in my baseline “needlessly pessimistic”.

Difference is that Parise had about a month before he could take bids from everyone some of whom could offer a lot more money and the owner at the time was broke.

• Like 1

Let's just hope Hall is not texting a random best friend talking about how cool it would be to play together.

Honestly though i'm not worried at all with Shero. We had reasons to worry before but not anymore

24 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Let's just hope Hall is not texting a random best friend talking about how cool it would be to play together.

Or that he is, but they're talking about doing it here. 

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Difference is that Parise had about a month before he could take bids from everyone some of whom could offer a lot more money and the owner at the time was broke.

Isn’t it widely reported that the Devils offered more money, but he really wanted to be home with his dad that was very soon to pass with cancer?

Just now, MB3 said:

Isn’t it widely reported that the Devils offered more money, but he really wanted to be home with his dad that was very soon to pass with cancer?

No it was reported that Lou's offer was "fair". And his dad didn't have cancer yet at that point i'm pretty sure.

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Also it's too long of a deal for me to find that plausible. I mean I guess it could have been a factor, or the entire reason, we'd never know.