Derlique

The Taylor Hall Watch Thread

It's a disgrace that Shero may move Hall before Hynes.  Who's to say another coach wouldn't be able to get more out of Hall and use him as a cornerstone to a Cup, the way it was intended?  

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

It's a disgrace that Shero may move Hall before Hynes.  Who's to say another coach wouldn't be able to get more out of Hall and use him as a cornerstone to a Cup, the way it was intended?  

You can intend anything you want, it’s irrelevant if Hall does not intend to re-sign, and that’s pretty clearly the case. If he was going to sign, it would be done already. 

Both of those moves need to be made now, but the order of those moves is completely irrelevant. 

Unless hand picking his own coach would make him want to stay and you’re willing to give him that power. 

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You can intend anything you want, it’s irrelevant if Hall does not intend to re-sign, and that’s pretty clearly the case. If he was going to sign, it would be done already. 

Both of those moves need to be made now, but the order of those moves is completely irrelevant. 

Unless hand picking his own coach would make him want to stay and you’re willing to give him that power. 

I believe Hall was a big supporter of Hynes as well. I'm not sure if that's still the case

6 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I believe Hall was a big supporter of Hynes as well. I'm not sure if that's still the case

I think that was part of the narrative about why Hynes was not fired. Before this season, anyway. 

its only rumours but Colorado really does make sense for a trading partner. 

I guess an offer would be Connor Timmins, Shane Bowers and a first round pick

Let me ask everybody, if Hall wanted to resign with NJ would you want him on the team at this point or would you only want to trade him?

2 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Let me ask everybody, if Hall wanted to resign with NJ would you want him on the team at this point or would you only want to trade him?

That’s an absolute no brainer; he’s an mvp-caliber superstar. But that’s pretty evidently not the situation we’re in.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, titans04 said:

If you read between the lines, it sounds like Shero has not been willing to offer him a max term deal. 

He better get that "massive" return the anonymous executive says he'll get.  The best thing we can hope for is Montreal going on some kind of win streak and thinking they have a shot. 

I don't like how Shero is handling Hynes at all, but I don't have issue with this situation yet. It's been talked about a lot - but there's no way Hall gets the deal he 'wants' here. I still tilt my head at how Colorado can pay him too blowing their salary structure out of the water. Hall may never get that extra gear again speed wise, it's a big risk right now.

Edited by HellOnICE
  • Like 1

I'm out on the guy. He had A career year here no doubt about that.  He's averaged 57 points over his 9 year career. He had 93 in 17-18. He's not worth a max deal imo and his bs I can't hear you move was just that bs. The guy has 2 even strength 5v5 goals in 25 games. Get what you can and move on. Sooner the better.

6 minutes ago, titans04 said:

I'm out on the guy. He had A career year here no doubt about that.  He's averaged 57 points over his 9 year career. He had 93 in 17-18. He's not worth a max deal imo and his bs I can't hear you move was just that bs. The guy has 2 even strength 5v5 goals in 25 games. Get what you can and move on. Sooner the better.

On a team that is as poorly coached as we know it is, he's still on pace for like a 70 point season give or take a few points.

If you want to put things in perspective, if you changed the names of all of our defenseman so you couldn't go on reputation but only how they are performing this year, not a single one would be good enough to be in the top six for the Rangers who aren't really sporting our 2000 blue line.  For our forwards, it's pretty much the same thing except it would be hard not to notice Jack Hughes' skills and wanting him on your team.  Maybe you could say the same thing about Blake Coleman so far as having a skill set your team another team would want, but not many others at the moment anyway.  This is how absolutely terrible the coaches are. 

Sorry I don't buy it's ALL on the coaches.  Some of these guys especially the veterans shouldn't be playing as poorly as they are. This organization currently has issues at so many levels. Fire Hynes that's the easy move but imo all it will lead to is a dead cat bounce and then the reality will set in this roster at this date (based on age in some cases) just isn't good enough - still. Some will get better with age and others will continue to prove their best days are long gone. Selling off Vats at the deadline should they do it will do wonders for the already crap back end.

Edited by titans04

Just now, titans04 said:

Sorry I don't buy it's ALL on the coaches.  Some of these guys especially the veterans shouldn't be playing as poorly as they are. This organization currently has issues at so many levels. Fire Hynes that's the easy move but imo it it will lead to is a dead cat bounce and then the reality will set in this roster at this date (based on age in some cases) just isn't good enough - still. Some will get better with age and others will continue to proven their best days are long gone. Selling off Vats at the deadline should they do it will do wonders for the already crap back end.

This goes back to last year, and yes, I believe that it is all of the coaches who do not belong  in the NHL.  In fact, it should not surprise that Hynes, Nesserdine, Kowalsky and Grier had zero NHL coaching experience occupying their current spots with the team.  Perhaps another reason why Shero can't fire Hynes because there is no one in the organization that could plausibly step in on an interim basis. 

Under these circumstances it's very hard to know what you have.

1 hour ago, ajsgolf said:

59 minutes ago, MB3 said:

That’s an absolute no brainer; he’s an mvp-caliber superstar. But that’s pretty evidently not the situation we’re in.

Yup, I’m not going to trade him just to trade him. What for, to hope to get an asset that may one day be as good as he already is? 

its not on Hynes for our guys missing the net like they've been all season long. For hall to hit like 56 crossbars. It's not on Hynes if Cory couldnt stop a beach ball. It'snot his fault the goaltending was terrible overall earlier this season and it cost us many games cause goalies couldnt make an extra important stop. It's not on Hynes for all the bad passes we've seen. There's certainly a lot of blame to put on the players too.

But of course it's way easier to pick a scapegoat and put ALL the blame on him.

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

its not on Hynes for our guys missing the net like they've been all season long. For hall to hit like 56 crossbars. It's not on Hynes if Cory couldnt stop a beach ball. It'snot his fault the goaltending was terrible overall earlier this season and it cost us many games cause goalies couldnt make an extra important stop. It's not on Hynes for all the bad passes we've seen. There's certainly a lot of blame to put on the players too.

Absolutely. I’m not convinced firing Hynes turns the team around. But it might be the kick in the ass the players need. 

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Absolutely. I’m not convinced firing Hynes turns the team around. But it might be the kick in the ass the players need. 

Yeah same. If we go through all our games. We got more losses from bad goaltending than anything else. Not that our team has been playing incredibly well either. But i'm sure that's part of the reason why Shero has a longer leash with Hynes cause he knows we was stuck with Cory which was kiiiiiiiiiind of on him... but again not really cause Cory was there when Shero got the job.

29 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

So three years ago (was it?) when the team was missing the net in epic fashion, we all said there is no way they can keep missing as bad as they are and puck luck will surely turn around eventually. It never did, and we’re sitting here having the same discussion of how they cannot be possibly me missing as often as they do.

no one is absolving the players of any wrong doing, we have a good number of passengers, zero question. But for fvcks sake, if you watch these games, and we all know you do, and you aren’t saying Hynes, his system and his brain dead coaching buddies are a major part of the problem, then I really don’t know what to tel you

When almost all the players are underachieving and look like sh!t you better believe it's a coaching issue.  I saw the same rationalizations for Mac in 2010...can't blame him when the players suck.  Yeah okay - if it's two or three players it's one thing, when it's almost the whole roster at the best the system isn't exactly getting the best out of everyone.

23 minutes ago, jagknife said:

So three years ago (was it?) when the team was missing the net in epic fashion, we all said there is no way they can keep missing as bad as they are and puck luck will surely turn around eventually. It never did, and we’re sitting here having the same discussion of how they cannot be possibly me missing as often as they do.

no one is absolving the players of any wrong doing, we have a good number of passengers, zero question. But for fvcks sake, if you watch these games, and we all know you do, and you aren’t saying Hynes, his system and his brain dead coaching buddies are a major part of the problem, then I really don’t know what to tel you

For the record i want Hynes gone too.

I just know that if nothing is done right that there must be a reason. Something is obviously brewing, there's no way Shero sees this and think things are fine, there's a reason Tom went behind the bench for awhile.