Derlique

The Taylor Hall Watch Thread

15 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Am I the only one skipping all of these giant book-like responses? Not that they’re bad, they are clearly well thought out, it’s just I’m so annoyed by our situation this year I can’t be bothered getting into that much detail. 

yeah my patience is certainly a bit thinner than it usually is when it comes to hockey

Honestly at this point my whole focus is now on "will JJ Abrams save Star Wars" than "Will Shero fire Hynes and save the Devils". 

hynes has to go though. if we don't have a new coach against chicago i just don't understand. 

• Like 1

Think about, did anyone here think when camp opened in Sept. we'd be discussing stuff like this in Nov./December? I didn't, I honestly thought this team (like many pundits etc) would be pretty darn good. How quickly the worm turns.  I'm bummed, can't turn on XM to hear how sh!tty we are, or NHL channel for same reason.

Devs & Habs in same spot. C. Price picked a bad time to lose his game. (thank god they have KK-oh wait he's in Laval)  finding his game.  Julien will probably lose his job. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

Think about, did anyone here think when camp opened in Sept. we'd be discussing stuff like this in Nov./December? I didn't, I honestly thought this team (like many pundits etc) would be pretty darn good. How quickly the worm turns.  I'm bummed, can't turn on XM to hear how sh!tty we are, or NHL channel for same reason.

Devs & Habs in same spot. C. Price picked a bad time to lose his game. (thank god they have KK-oh wait he's in Laval)  finding his game.  Julien will probably lose his job. 

I didn't expect a run at first place but as I said before, I figured they'd fight for the wild card and be exciting even when losing. I was really wrong

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Was watching Dumb and Dumber with my wife and daughter (no, not Hynes and Nasreddine behind the bench, the actual MOVIE, with the game on record, to watch after D&D wrapped up)...I checked the score on my phone during the second period, and that was the easiest delete of my life. 

I am not watching tonight.  Sure, I might miss a win, but I need a break.  I was there on Saturday, and between that, last night, this general mess of a season, and the fact that fvcking Hynes is STILL here with Ray has apparently going into full radio silence, I need to not acknowledge them...even if it's only for one game. 

Tonight is the third game in a row I will not turn on.

My mom and sister are going. Mom is a Vegas fan, abandoned the Rangers for them. So I hope she sees a win tonight.

Is there a limit on how much of Hall's salary the Devils can retain in a trade?  50% is sticking out in my head.  If that's the case, then Hall can be sent to a lot of different places.  Boston and Tampa come to mind.  Stamkos could sure use a winger.

2 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I didn't expect a run at first place but as I said before, I figured they'd fight for the wild card and be exciting even when losing. I was really wrong

I thought we’d have WC written all over us, especially with how on paper teams in the Metro were due for set backs, and there was no way in hell we’d be as bad as we show.

1 minute ago, Crisis said:

Is there a limit on how much of Hall's salary the Devils can retain in a trade?  50% is sticking out in my head.  If that's the case, then Hall can be sent to a lot of different places.  Boston and Tampa come to mind.  Stamkos could sure use a winger.

If you believe NHL 18, 50% is the max they allow, so that might be the number

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

That'd be a tough sell - Hall would have to be willing to immediately sign an extension for Colorado to even consider that.

He'd be a fool to NOT sign an extension with Colorado if he truly wants to win a cup within the next 5 years, imo, but who knows what Hall is thinking.

If he's hell-bent on going to UFA and screwing us on his way out.. then there's zero chance we're getting a player like Byram.

I'd let them have Hall and retain salary if we got Byram, but you're right. It would be a tough sell. But I think you've got to at least try.

If the Canadiens come knocking I'd be asking about Primeau. I've seen rave reviews about him and our goal tending looks like it'll be awful for quite some time.

11 minutes ago, Crisis said:

I'm sure Shero would consider depending on what we got back in hte trade. I think a lot of teams would want Hall as a rental.

Assuming the owners don't mind forking out the dough, Shero would be a fool to NOT retain 50% to increase his pool of potential bidders.

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

Mom is a Vegas fan, abandoned the Rangers for them. 

Thus redeeming herself in her son's eyes...

• Like 3

I dropped my daughter off at her Christmas show rehearsal on Saturday, and passed a church that had a sign posted outside,  it was not in an area I could pull over and get a picture, nor was there any parking available. But the message was clear:

”Hall Available For All Occasions”.

God is clearly a Devils fan; he’s ironic like that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Thus redeeming herself in her son's eyes...

Exactly. I pull for Vegas in the west so it’s nice to have something to bond over that isn’t cursing out the Giants

Per Friedman there are serious on a Taylor Hall trade and apparently Miles Wood is being dangled as well

11 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Per Friedman there are serious on a Taylor Hall trade and apparently Miles Wood is being dangled as well

wonder what teams are said to be involved and who could be coming back the other way. Wood hasn't done anything this year either so ship them both out and find someone who knows how to stop a hockey puck. I hate to move Hall but its clear as day that no matter what he was never going to be a part of this teams future.

If we're trading Hall now I want an A asset back in return.  No first rounders in the 20-30 range and no B prospects.  In other words, the Karlsson return would be unacceptable.  Byram, Caufield or Johnny Hockey, who just got demoted to the third line. 

If someone wants to give us a second rounder for Wood, I'm fine with that. 

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

If we're trading Hall now I want an A asset back in return.  No first rounders in the 20-30 range and no B prospects.  In other words, the Karlsson return would be unacceptable.  Byram, Caufield or Johnny Hockey, who just got demoted to the third line. 

Caufield seems like the most likely option in this. Maybe Gaudreau if Hall agrees to an extension beforehand. No way Colorado trades Byram imo, even though I would absolutely love that.

I also wouldn't mind a 20-25 1st rounder this year as well. This years draft is apparently really solid. 

Edited by Devs3cups

1 hour ago, Devs3cups said:

Caufield seems like the most likely option in this. Maybe Gaudreau if Hall agrees to an extension beforehand. No way Colorado trades Byram imo, even though I would absolutely love that.

I also wouldn't mind a 20-25 1st rounder this year as well. This years draft is apparently really solid. 

Byram’s point totals and goal totals are down so maybe that would help pry him away.  Or an average showing at the Word juniors if this drags into January.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

I’d love Cayden Primeau as part of a potential Hall deal..... with the Habs locked in to Price for years (and maybe they’d just buy him out, who knows?), Primeau may never get a chance to start there. 

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Byram’s point totals and goal totals are down so maybe that would help pry him away.  Or an average showing at the Word juniors if this drags into January.

I'd absolutely take him. One hell of a prospect

21 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’d love Cayden Primeau as part of a potential Hall deal..... with the Habs locked in to Price for years (and maybe they’d just buy him out, who knows?), Primeau may never get a chance to start there. 

Very wary of goalie prospects that aren’t as close to sure things as you can possibly get.

• Like 1

Just now, Daniel said:

Very wary of goalie prospects that aren’t as close to sure things as you can possibly get.

True, I tend to agree.... Primeau is very highly touted though. Obviously he wouldn’t be the only piece either.

27 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

True, I tend to agree.... Primeau is very highly touted though. Obviously he wouldn’t be the only piece either.

He was seventh rounder.  Not that it should really matter at this point, but I’d still like to see him dominate the AHL.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Devs3cups said:

I’d love to see him back with Hughes. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Devs3cups said:

What makes Caufield so likely?

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

What makes Caufield so likely?

I was saying that between Caufield, Byram and Gaudreau, Caufield seemed like the most likely scenario, even if it's unlikely lol. 

Edited by Devs3cups